Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'm reluctant to throw him under the bus and he seems like a decent lad.

Under a bus, do you mean playing him?

Decent lad. Any evidence?

I am in no way advocating slagging him off for our recent woes inclusively, but he's had 3 games started and shows he's a championship player at best Wolves wanted to release.  That's was our choice / gamble in January, in reality to get Benkovic out on loan, but its not throwing him under a bus.

He's just not good enough.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'm reluctant to throw him under the bus and he seems like a decent lad.

I think he was meant as a backup (and proved it thoroughly) and unfortunately found himself  under the spotlight because of our injuries/suspensions.

Nevertheless send him back, as he's far, far away from what we aspire to.

We can’t send him back can we, we are committed to buying now as they had clause if he played X amount of games.

Although feel free to throw him under a bus Ryan Bennet has been playing football for a very long time now and he’s nowhere near the level of footballer most Premier League teams would aspire to never mind one that qualifies for European football and I’d put my mortgage on that fact not changing.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

He fell over when Saka ran past him

He fell over when Solanke did the same

He fell over again today v Son.

Not only is he a cart horse but his balance seem be non existant.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We can’t send him back can we, we are committed to buying now as they had clause if he played X amount of games.

Although feel free to throw him under a bus Ryan Bennet has been playing football for a very long time now and he’s nowhere near the level of footballer most Premier League teams would aspire to never mind one that qualifies for European football and I’d put my mortgage on that fact not changing.

Apparently it's 5 starts

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes only played 3 games, 5 games for the clause to kick in I believe

Honestly, with the experience of Evans and Morgan, I’m not against giving DJ a debut. Is he really going to be worse than Bennett? If he struggles bring on RB and save having to buy him. 

The 5m we will have to pay is basically the EL money gone. What a waste

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Think it's harsh to call out Evans, has had a lot of games in quick succession and was covering some ground for Thomas at times, the guy has been player of the season for me

I noticed Evans give a look of death to Thomas for a poor pass that necessitated Evans taking a booking. 

I liked that. 

Young lad, yes. But basic errors are still an absolute no-no

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Played 4 and we are going to have to play him next weekend.

Bennett look like he might be solid against a physical side crossing balls in the box but against a decent side he looks terrible, we wouldn't be so mad as to play him next week if that's the case woukd we??? 

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I noticed Evans give a look of death to Thomas for a poor pass that necessitated Evans taking a booking. 

I liked that. 

Young lad, yes. But basic errors are still an absolute no-no

Evans has put in an absolute masterclass all season and he's watching it drain away like the rest of us and its got to hurt. He looks like he really cares, really he's probably better suited to the captains armband than Kasper imo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I don't understand how this guy can be a better option than Benkovic.

Because Benkovic isn't registered in our squad so can't play. 

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Bennett look like he might be solid against a physical side crossing balls in the box but against a decent side he looks terrible, we wouldn't be so mad as to play him next week if that's the case woukd we??? 

He’s a ****ing Championship/Relegation battle prem player at best mate always has been and will only get worse at his age.

Stan says it’s starts so why will get away with it if that’s the case, we’ve got that many injuries at the minute I’m struggling to keep up with them so no idea on the likely hood of Fuchs being fit.

17 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I don't understand how this guy can be a better option than Benkovic.

He was never meant to be “better than Benkovic”

He was bought in to add worst case scenario depth while Benkovic went and got minutes.

As it’s worked out Benkovic played nowhere near as much as we would have liked liked and that worst case scenario has materialised and Bennet unfortunately will have to play.