Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (A) - Pre-match Thread - 14/02/2020

Wolves big threat is down the flanks so no doubt Rodgers will go with the diamond and leave our full backs exposed :blink:

I also think there is a chance we bring in Fuchs as a left centre back to cover in behind Chilwell.

Stating the obvious but its a difficult game to predict, they will put us under pressure and we've responded very well to that recently.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nothing wrong with realistic expectations. What happened to the old school self deprecating mentality of our fanbase? 

Nothing wrong with admitting we're better than them either. Just seems like the cool thing to do on here is to put ourselves down and fap over other sides, usually ones below us in the table

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nothing wrong with admitting we're better than them either. Just seems like the cool thing to do on here is to put ourselves down and fap over other sides, usually ones below us in the table

The annoying thing is its easier for some of our fans to go with the 'I told you so' if we get beat and no one would ever call them out if we win. 

The table doesnt lie. We are a better side than Wolves it will be a tough game but they arent Liverpool they are beatable and we are by far a better side away from home as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Wolves big threat is down the flanks so no doubt Rodgers will go with the diamond and leave our full backs exposed :blink:

I also think there is a chance we bring in Fuchs as a left centre back to cover in behind Chilwell.

Stating the obvious but its a difficult game to predict, they will put us under pressure and we've responded very well to that recently.

I'm torn as I don't like trying to match a team with their normal formation as they will usually be infinitely better at that than us deploying it on the odd occasion. We are at our most dangerous in a back four with a variation of either 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, you could play Chilwell and Fuchs down the left but Barnes cannot be dropped right now, he is our most devastating player in 2020. The loss of Ndidi does leave us a little more exposed between defence and midfield so the temptation to go with another CB is possible but i'm not so sure that will cut off the danger from Traore and Jota, we are best to try and exploit their gaps they leave from Barnes and Perez getting the space to run in to on the inside channel.

48 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The annoying thing is its easier for some of our fans to go with the 'I told you so' if we get beat and no one would ever call them out if we win. 

The table doesnt lie. We are a better side than Wolves it will be a tough game but they arent Liverpool they are beatable and we are by far a better side away from home as well. 

Call me out if you want, but I won't care less as we'd have just got a great win against a team that massively ups their game against the top teams. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Call me out if you want, but I won't care less as we'd have just got a great win against a team that massively ups their game against the top teams. 

exactly you have just proved what i was saying. We win happy days we lose will be doom and gloom and 'I told you so' 

We have a lot of strengths and a few weaknesses but i jsut dont get why some fans prefer to dwell on the few weaknesses. We are probably having our second best season EVER in our history and for some reason fans are still thinking we will get beat every week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

exactly you have just proved what i was saying. We win happy days we lose will be doom and gloom and 'I told you so' 

We have a lot of strengths and a few weaknesses but i jsut dont get why some fans prefer to dwell on the few weaknesses. We are probably having our second best season EVER in our history and for some reason fans are still thinking we will get beat every week. 

I think most of us on here are long enough in the tooth not to get too carried away all the time. So what some people think we're going to lose a game here or there, doesn't really make a difference.

Get hamza on to chop down traore 5 mins in while he is running at full speed and hopefully he lands on his dodgy shoulder off he goes 😂😂 will be a good game hopefully the players are up for it after the break draw not the worst result but a win would be massive especially with Utd playing Chelsea and villa could throw a dodgy result in to keep spurs out the running. 

Hope vardy is back on the score sheet tonight 

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

He's dreaming of his first love Madders!

If they came out as a couple I honestly wouldn’t be shocked. Maybe a modern 3 way relationship with Grealish.

7 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Will be interesting to see how we fair against the Portuguese national team. Why everyone seems to think we'll be lucky to get something from this is beyond me. The best thing they've got going for them is having a squad that's been together since they bought the championship title. We have a way more talented squad. We are 3rd, they are 9th.

Fu*k em. Let's rip them a new one. 1-3.

Up the foxes.

Very little between the sides. They have a lot of European football and aren’t much different from the side that finished above us last season. Remember how poor we were in the league while we were battling in the champions league?

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

I don't want to watch adama vs chilwell I really don't think chilwell is strong enough physically. 

Well the suggestion above of Fuchs stopping him wont work either .... 

hoping that brendan spent his time away from the slopes coming up with a tactical master plan for tonight .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well the suggestion above of Fuchs stopping him wont work either .... 

hoping that brendan spent his time away from the slopes coming up with a tactical master plan for tonight .....

He might play them both with Chilly playing slightly higher up and fuchs just behind so that if he gets past 1 with pace fuchs will be there to pick up after 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

we could be doing what liverpool are doing and we'd still be wary against playing against the bottom ranked team. that's just how we are. 

• Like 1