Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

36 minutes ago, Hales said:

Why would they not sign a new contract for more money? It also shows the club have faith in them. They both need a bit of confidence and that will surely help. It also shows they want to try and keep this team together and carry on their journey.

I was replying to a post that said they don’t deserve a higher wage ........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Kante surplus to requirements at Chelsea according to The Sun. I would love him back here, but can't see how he would fit in with Ndidi. Be nice to play out the final 10 minutes of a game with both Kante and Ndidi on the pitch defending a lead though:wub:

Insane that he isn't coveted by them. 

I maintain what I've said before. Despite a few baubles at Chelsea he's wasted the best years Of his career. Easily good enough for one of the big boys. Why he chose them is a mystery. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Kante surplus to requirements at Chelsea according to The Sun. I would love him back here, but can't see how he would fit in with Ndidi. Be nice to play out the final 10 minutes of a game with both Kante and Ndidi on the pitch defending a lead though:wub:

I’d have him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Man Utd written all over him 

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think he'll go abroad. PSG probably. Maybe Madrid or Barca.

That would be my bet as well.  Any team in the world - except Chelsea, apparently - would be thrilled to have him.  He'll have his choice of destinations among the elite power clubs.

17 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I hope we still target Demiral, our social media team would be absolutely milking the Turkish fans dry with content 😂

Having two starters in our back line with a still uncertain recovery from ACL surgery is a little risky.. 

Guest An Sionnach

Mitrovic and Loftus-Cheekes would suit me both 6-3 and 190lbs . Teams like Atletico cannot be beaten by science alone , physicality is vital.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Mitrovic and Loftus-Cheekes would suit me both 6-3 and 190lbs . Teams like Atletico cannot be beaten by science alone , physicality is vital.

Think this might be a bit of a bum deal lol.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone know if we put a sell on clause in the Kante transfer?

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I might be the only one, but I have always thought that they have under utilised him to fit other players in their team. Such an amazing player- I would be very surprised if this was true. 

44 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Anyone know if we put a sell on clause in the Kante transfer?

We didn’t  - we couldn’t given the circumstances 

gary Neville has written in the press that all clubs who have furloughed workers on govt scheme or agreed a salary cut with players shouldn’t be allowed to buy players this summer. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We didn’t  - we couldn’t given the circumstances 

gary Neville has written in the press that all clubs who have furloughed workers on govt scheme or agreed a salary cut with players shouldn’t be allowed to buy players this summer. 

I agree, I said that the other day. If they are furloughing staff as they dont have the money to pay staff then they cannot surely find millions to buy players. They should have a transfer ban!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s difficult to calculate the financial hit to LCFC at the moment. 

If the season is completed behind closed doors in the summer, presumably we’ll get the TV money and at least some of the commercial revenue we’d expected.

We’d lose matchday revenue for the remaining four home games (plus FA Cup, although that’s sort of a bonus anyway).

I don’t know how much that is, but Norwich’s CFO says it’s £1.5m per game for them so let’s assume something similar for us, maybe a bit more.

By giving STHs the option of refund/take it off next season’s ST, they may be able to spread the hit from this so it doesn’t come all in one go.  

Presumably they will still lose some other commercial/sponsorship revenue, I’ve no idea how much though. 

Without the TV money it’s a different calculation altogether, as it makes up such a big proportion of our revenue. 

In these circumstances it would be very difficult for us. But then that would be the same for almost all the league tbh.

I’m assuming KP will be hit hard but difficult to say what that actually means for us really. 

As far as I can see KP is more exposed to us than the other way round, as they have loaned us money for the training ground.

They were expecting repayment with interest over the next six years I believe, starting this year. Again, we are largely dependent on TV payments to make them.

One potential risk is they pull the plug on stadium/shirt sponsorship - but pretty sure they won’t do that as would largely defeat the point of them owning the club? 

• Thanks 1