Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Man City Match Thread (H)

Just now, Facecloth said:

You get out the way, or you put your hand in the way of your body, or you let it hit you. The moment you move and put your hand in the space where you once stood, that then becomes a deliberate handball. Yes if I was out on the street and an object was flying at the me I might react like De Bruyne, but I'm not a professional football stood in my own penalty area, so it's not the same. If he's not prepared to let it hit him, or let it hit his hand whilst they project his body, if he wants to move out the way then he has to do just that and move and let the ball past.

Yeah being a professional footballer doesn’t rob your natural instincts to stop a 70 mph object flying into your face, he’s not had time to think about anything it’s just instinct. Arms close enough to the body, below shoulder height.

This is all on the assumption there is a rule you are allowed to protect your face and if there isn’t. Then yes it’s a penalty

We're playing well, I can only applaud how BR set us up with Nacho & Vards upfront, Praet prob has his best game for us so far, so many players rise up to the occasion, and normally I'd be very happy with a first half like this but the referees and VAR staff abysmal performance casts a ****ing long shadow on the game 

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

A vast improvement on the Wolves match but yet again a penalty should have been awarded to due the keeper assaulting Nachoman. The replay shows the keeper going for the player and not the ball as his arms are nowhere near the ball, he is clearly aiming for KI and gets away with it. A red card all day long.

He punches the ball into kel .... keepers will always get away with that aggressive intent ..... youre taught that if you come that far then you take the ball and everything with you - had he been second to the ball then suspect we would have got the decision ....

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah being a professional footballer doesn’t rob your natural instincts to stop a 70 mph object flying into your face, he’s not had time to think about anything it’s just instinct. Arms close enough to the body, below shoulder height.

This is all on the assumption there is a rule you are allowed to protect your face and if there isn’t. Then yes it’s a penalty

His natural reaction was to move out the way, which he did with plenty of time to spare as there was a big enough gap to get a ball through, and he filled that gap with his arm.

• Like 2

Ederson poleaxing Iheanacho has outraged me more than the handball. Its Schumacher-esque. He's even extended his fists into him after the ball has gone.

Absolutely no excuse for that. He has basically gone in with no consideration to the wellbeing of the oppisition player. He knows because he's a goalkeeper he doesn't have to.

Can you imagine if it was the other way around?! Disgraceful from the pundits to be defending that as well.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Talking rubbish. It's handball. He's supposed to head the ball in the wall in that position!

The players coming in have had a great first half. Nacho, Praet, Fuchs

Now let's win.