Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

What is happening???

Guest Markyblue

We are not underperforming,  we were massively over performing earlier in the season. We are certainly struggling at the minute but a couple of wins everything changes again. We are a project and not the finished article.  Lets take a deep breath act like supporters and support players who are struggling instead of trying to destroy young players. Yes I'm going to say it we are third in the premier league not middle table championship,  refresh the memories boys and girls , blips yes but the future is bright. 

13 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Last night we where taking between 15 and 25 touches to even get in the Norwich box, when they had the ball it too them as little as 5 touches before our keeper was having to make a save.

What dose that tell you about our style of play!!!!!!!

1 tablet 4 times a day should help.

13 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Last night we where taking between 15 and 25 touches to even get in the Norwich box, when they had the ball it too them as little as 5 touches before our keeper was having to make a save.

Yes!

I don't understand the insistence, obsession or fascination about teams having to make 60 passes before having a shot.

It's just boring and more often than not ineffective resulting in putting yourself under pressure.

• Like 1

If City's way of playing has indeed been found out, could it perhaps be partly because they are shown on live TV so often? Maybe the players themselves would prefer a regular routine of 3 o'clock on Saturday afternoon kick-offs! Mark Selby had a brilliant season in 2016 and since then, he's been highly inconsistent, sometimes looking like he's completely lost the winning mentality, even against lower-ranked opponents. City's recent history feels like it's followed a similar path. If they are as rich as we're told, maybe some big spending is needed in the summer, with the departure of some more of the 2016 hangers-on as part of that process.

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We’re lacking intensiteee

We can laugh, but we've got exactly the same problems now as we did towards the end of Puel's reign.

No movement off the ball, no purpose or idea when we've got it. Intensity was what we were lacking then and Puel knew it- he couldn't get it back, hopefully Rodgers has more success.

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I get the feeling with the likes of Maddison, Chilwell, Barnes etc that we've become a bit of a boys club. All a bit of a joke and not enough strong characters to drag us out of the shit. 

Not saying this is the sole reason of course 

I definitely sensed tension yesterday - Evan's and Schmeichel were blatantly and publicly frustrated with them. Not good! The last thing we need is a divide in the camp!

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Lack of movement and invention, we're not moving the ball well centrally. When was the last time Tielemans and Maddison ran a game apart from West Ham?

Is it just me or have we gone from both Youri abs Maddison playing advanced roles to just one of them, with the other sat deeper?

The zip and energy has gone from the game. Against the likes of Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton, Arsenal, Brighton, Aston Villa we dominated the game from early on and didn't let the opposition settle. Now we are slow to get going and teams are getting comfortable.

Notable exception in recent weeks was West Ham where we went at them from the off, they didn't fancy it and we could dictate proceedings. We have to get back to starting quickly.

• Like 1

I’m sorry but I’m absolutely fuming. At the lot of them. Manager right the way down. I’ve laughed at overreactions on here in the past but they don’t ****ing deserve to be defended anymore. Brendan needs to have some serious dressing downs with a few of these shithouses and if he isn’t the man to do that or he isn’t capable of dropping the big names on current performances he can **** off as well as far as I’m concerned. He, and we, look completely clueless going forward. What do they do all week in bastard training?! 

• Like 3

Our left wing: an out of form left back, a young learning winger. Our right wing: a world class right back, a mid table right winger.

Our centre backs: superb. Our central defensive midfielder: world class when fit. Our central midfield: amazing when in form. Strikers: fantastic when supplied.

Essentially teams can target our left wing. And if anything prevents Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans from working well, be it form or injury, we won’t create, save for a Ricardo run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Young players, bad luck, poor form, lost confidence. We'll have another good run before the end of the season and finish in the Champions League positions.

Concerned about the lack of additions in the transfer windows though. We should have at least raided the football league for a couple of promising players to add to the mix. We're clearly lacking strength in depth and have put a lot of pressure on ourselves to get it bang on this summer and land 3 to 5 signings that will hit the ground running ready for a European tour.

COMM-Year-Over-Year-Percent-change-oscillator-gold-bullion-06202014-lg.gif

• Like 1

We've had no tough victories since Everton where we've dug in having not played well then taken our chances. Only four times this season that has happened- Sheffield United, Tottenham, Burnley and Everton. The other 10 have been comfortable and West Ham away was a reserve team so not really applicable (and was relatively comfortable in any case).

We've got to start grinding out victories if we aren't playing well- all well and good scoring 4's and 5's with no pressure, turning 0-0's into 1-0's and 0-1's into draws and wins is what is required.

• Like 1

I feel that we are just not attacking enough. It seems like every time that Chilwell gets the ball and goes forward his first thought is to turn back and see where he can pass it back rather than crossing.  We do a lot of pass the ball from side to side in the middle of the park and keep trying that hoping a door will open so we can walk it in. There needs to be more balls played through and over.

I am simply getting bored of the getting all the way up the other end then passing all the way back. It is good every now and then to try draw teams out but we do it so often teams have got wise to it and it achieves nothing.

I say more go for it, just attack and go for it, I would rather than and lose the ball than pass back all the way to Kasper and then try get it through again just to do the same.

Last week against man city was great with 2 up front, We just dont seem to get enough in the box and hardly anyone that wants to follow it up and run into the box. 

Too much one touch or quick pass football where we lose it or get cut out.

If there is a problem in the dressing room, which a few on here have suggested, I wonder if it is the old guard again that are left? Morgan, Kasper, Fuchs, Vardy, Albrighton. They certainly downed tools under Claudio and Puel.

Would it be realistic to say goodbye to the lot if we fail to turn this drop in form around and maybe brought in some different experienced players in the summer? 

If Claude was still here I would be surprised if any were left as I think that was the plan he had to phase them out. 

Teams have sussed us out yes, and we only have one way of playing, which is a problem. Rodgers needs to have a plan B, a style of play that doesn't revolve around inch-perfect passes and other teams making mistakes.

Sometimes you need to force other teams into making mistakes, this requires pressing and a high work rate - which we do not have.

Our tempo has dropped off badly so it's no surprise to see us performing poorly, and when we're in a scrap we don't win them because we don't have mature, determined players who are willing to give everything. We have too many celebrities here who don't really like football, it's a snapshot of modern footballers. Like Arsenal have had for the last 15 years.

We need stronger characters in the dressing room, leaders. That's what winning teams have.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Markyblue said:

We are not underperforming,  we were massively over performing earlier in the season. We are certainly struggling at the minute but a couple of wins everything changes again. We are a project and not the finished article.  Lets take a deep breath act like supporters and support players who are struggling instead of trying to destroy young players. Yes I'm going to say it we are third in the premier league not middle table championship,  refresh the memories boys and girls , blips yes but the future is bright. 

People are predominantly moaning about a 26 year-old and 23 year-old. They're not kids.

There's clear evidence that, shorn of our 33 year-old striker when he's in form, we're not up to much. And it was our 33 year-old keeper who kept us in it last night, and last week. And our 33 year-old left back who has basically shown Chilwell what a real left back looks like, even though he's clearly too far past it to be a consistent first choice himself.

And it's clear that more can be got from that set of players. To say anything else, or pretend that there aren't serious flaws that opponents are exploiting, and that need addressing, is kidding yourself.

10 hours ago, Hales said:

I definitely sensed tension yesterday - Evan's and Schmeichel were blatantly and publicly frustrated with them. Not good! The last thing we need is a divide in the camp!

Take them out the team an put James, Fuchs and Albrighton in the team for a game or two, if there egos have grown to big, it should slap them down. A man that's been injured for the best part of three years, an has come back, is going to have more hunger, than a lad that thinks he's made it before he has, even if he's not quite as good we need grit an determination. 

Edited by Beachyboy

Something is definitely wrong all over he pitch.

It looks like the players are just going through the motions waiting for full time. The  aggression and will to win isn't there and the confidence is shot to pieces. 

Barnes against Norwich ran 20 metres and could have taken it a bit further to create a shooting opportunity but then looks for the pass instead. 

Chilwell and soyunchu used to run with the ball to break lines but that's stopped too. 

We're not getting another point unless we're brave and fearless again but right now I can see every team licking their lips at the prospect of playing us.

12 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

It's tells me that the manager appears to be a one trick pony and seems puzzled about what to do next. Yes, Liverpool do have a trademark pressing style but they also have the ability to mix it up ie Arnold and Robertson playing accurate long bells bypassing the midfield for example. Our pressing high up the pitch appears to have stopped (Vardy's for one has to some extent done so under the orders of Rodgers). Slow and cumbersome as if being micro-managed and not trusted to use their own instincts at times.

20 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Personal thought is pure confidence, before Christmas we were winning every week. Even in games like Everton where we maybe weren’t the best side.

Then getting rolled by Liverpool and Man City and players knew they weren’t quite as good as they thought.

They haven’t recovered since.

I think VAR has been part of it. Maybe it was just coincidence, but when Iheanacho's goal, albeit correctly, was ruled out, our heads seem to drop a little. We've had a bad run recently where, when we seemed to have gained an advantage in matches, VAR has taken it away. Which could leave players feeling like they just can't win.

Which is a self-fulfilling curse. Which is, in turn, the proving of Rodgers, getting the players over this and believing in themselves.