Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Champions League Points Required

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

How many points if man utd win europa, "and" man city ban is upheld "and" man utd finish in top 5?

Basically 6th place points required. :)

6th place will get us Europa League, there is no way is can get us anything else.

Has the tide finally turned? Prior to the Palace game it seemed that everything that could go against us did. Injuries, VAR. the 5 sub rule, sheer bad luck. Then the point gained at Arsenal, despite VAR, coupled with Wolves losing for a second straight game and we are now on the cusp of finishing 5th at worst. If Villa stop United's winning run and the Man City verdict goes our way then we'll have the momentum to reach the promised land!  

by my reckoning, if Utd lose one out of their next four (or even better get 2 draws), then we need 5 points from from our next three games to ensure that they would need to beat us on the last day. If we take maximum points from those three games (big if), then they only need to fail to win one of those games and we are home and hosed with the last game a dead rubber in terms of them overtaking us unless they get a cricket score against us.

I think Wolves have blown its so it a three horse race for 3rd-5th.

Hold onto your hats folks, this is going to the wire.

9 minutes ago, urban fox said:

by my reckoning, if Utd lose one out of their next four (or even better get 2 draws), then we need 5 points from from our next three games to ensure that they would need to beat us on the last day. If we take maximum points from those three games (big if), then they only need to fail to win one of those games and we are home and hosed with the last game a dead rubber in terms of them overtaking us unless they get a cricket score against us.

I think Wolves have blown its so it a three horse race for 3rd-5th.

Hold onto your hats folks, this is going to the wire.

Think you've not factored in that ManUtd still have 5 games left not 4.

We'll still need 9 points if ManUtd lose one.

Last night's result is massive. 5th is all but guaranteed if we win one more game. 62 points will see us finish above Burnley and Arsenal. And all 3 of Sheffield, Spurs and Wolves would need maximum points to finish above us. 

image.thumb.png.ab35119d033f9ecc5b38cb6982ca9ed7.png

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Think you've not factored in that ManUtd still have 5 games left not 4.

We'll still need 9 points if ManUtd lose one.

No. If utd lose one, then they will have 64 points going into the last game, as will we if we pick up 5 points from our three. With our better GD they would need to beat us on last day. 

If we returned 7 points from those three games, outcome is same except utd would only have to draw one game, putting them on 65, one point behind us going into final game still leaving with them needing to beat us.

If we get 9 points from the next three, then Utd cannot afford to drop any points before the final game. If they win them all, they would be on 67 points one behind us, thus still needing a final day win against us. fail to win one and then it is all over for them if we somehow manage to take maximum points from those three games.

I know this is going to sound a bit daft on here but I hope Man City prevail. That ban is bullshit and it’s a way of keeping the hierarchy in its place.

Even if it costs us our place, it’s right for football to have a fair financial restrictions, not this bullshit system.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I know this is going to sound a bit daft on here but I hope Man City prevail. That ban is bullshit and it’s a way of keeping the hierarchy in its place.

Even if it costs us our place, it’s right for football to have a fair financial restrictions, not this bullshit system.

Man City's case is predicated on the fact that the financial restrictions aren't fair though?

29 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Give your head a wobble Strokes, not often we disagree but go and find a dark room somewhere and have a think about what you've just said.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Give your head a wobble Strokes, not often we disagree but go and find a dark room somewhere and have a think about what you've just said.

Mate, the financial fair play system is about giving the big established clubs an advantage.

If it was a truly fair system it would be a wage cap, this might be good for us short term but long term that light in the distance is beginning to dim again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Mate, the financial fair play system is about giving the big established clubs an advantage.

If it was a truly fair system it would be a wage cap, this might be good for us short term but long term that light in the distance is beginning to dim again.

I agree with you mate, bigger teams will always be able to spend more than the rest.

But in the short term I can't wait to get stabbed in the arse over in Lazio, so hopefully the ban gets upheld.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I agree with you mate, bigger teams will always be able to spend more than the rest.

But in the short term I can't wait to get stabbed in the arse over in Lazio, so hopefully the ban gets upheld.

Football is about hope of achieving as much about actual achievement. Remove the hope and football loses its soul.

Hopefully they win and we get at least 4th anyway.

huge weekend updated, if sheff u fail to beat chelsea saturday, and if wolves fail to beat everton on sunday, which are both games before we play, then 3 points against bournemouth would all but guarantee 5th place, barring goal difference, huge incentive as 5th could then be confirmed come monday to be enough! so monday we could be confirmed as playing in next seasons champions league! For official confirmation we would need wolves to lose to everton, as goal difference could still theoretically be caught.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We play ahead of yanited in the next three games ..... we do our job and we will frustrate them ....

Exactly, destiny is still in our hands. Admittedly we aren’t playing our best and have injuries, but we have to take it or Bournemouth. If we get the early goal their heads will drop.