Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Champions League Points Required

I think teams will figure out Man Utd. Great going forward but if you don't give them space in behind it limits their threat as they have great pace in their team. Chelsea are far too inconsistent and will drop points. It's going to be a tight race but if we don't lose to united on the final day I think we'll do enough in the other games to get 4th at least. Having a lead at this moment in time is crucial. Hopefully we do the business against arsenal tomorrow!

I’ve looked at that table so much my head hurts - and may not be functioning properly.  But I think ...... and there’s a big IF coming ..... we only need to beat Bournemouth and Sheff Utd. We can lose to Arsenal and Spurs ....... here it comes ......IF we don’t lose to Utd on last day. Our goal diff would probably carry us over the line. 😳😳😳. In such a scenario, I doubt  my heart would hold out, so good luck  as you battle Juve or Barca next season. 

With that tonight we are still in fourth, a win against Bournemouth and we are certain of Europa league and a top 6 finish.

Chelsea       72

Leicester     71

Man Utd      70

Wolves        67

Sheff Utd     63

Spurs           63

Arsenal        62

Burnley        61

Edited by Aus Fox

14 hours ago, TrentFox said:

I’ve looked at that table so much my head hurts - and may not be functioning properly.  But I think ...... and there’s a big IF coming ..... we only need to beat Bournemouth and Sheff Utd. We can lose to Arsenal and Spurs ....... here it comes ......IF we don’t lose to Utd on last day. Our goal diff would probably carry us over the line. 😳😳😳. In such a scenario, I doubt  my heart would hold out, so good luck  as you battle Juve or Barca next season. 

Man U are only 9 goals behind us on GD, the way they're scoring makes me worry about that too lol

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Leicester     73

Chelsea       72

Man Utd      70

Wolves        67

Arsenal        64

Sheff Utd     63

Spurs           63

Burnley        61

Everton        59

Not a chance we finish on 73 points....do you realise that's only 8 points less than we had when we won the league?

26 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Not a chance we finish on 73 points....do you realise that's only 8 points less than we had when we won the league?

:nigel:That’s not how many I think we will finish on. That’s everyone’s maximum points available.

I’ve been updating them game by game throughout the thread.

• Like 1

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

I still think it is between us, Chelsea and Man U to battle for 3rd/4th/5th. And I don't think anything will be decided until the last match. Even then, it might be a dead rubber if Man City's ban is confirmed. Only prize money to play for then (and pride of course!).

You might as well chuck Wolves in then you’ve got all bases covered ..

image.thumb.png.c0f6c4cb71bcdeb81a9c4058c5b49a1a.png

In a weird way it's more about what Chelsea and Wolves do now, rather than Man U (assuming Man City's ban is upheld and 5th is enough).

3 teams out of Leicester, Chelsea, Man U and Wolves will finish 3rd to 5th. We still need to be targeting 64 points - two more wins could be enough. Wolves will have to win 4 or 5 of their remaining games to get 64+ points. 

I don't see Wolves doing that, so if 5th is enough we're probably OK unless we have a complete collapse. 

So see how we do tonight, but it's the Bournemouth and Sheffield games that are make or break.

But psychologically the next 2 days could be massive, as we could easily lose tonight and the other 3 all win. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

You might as well chuck Wolves in then you’ve got all bases covered ..

The point is, I am not including Wolves because I think we have enough to hold them off and they will not catch up the gap...

Chelsea and Man U won't go away, they are much too close to us and I doubt we will go on a 3/4 game winning run now.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.thumb.png.c0f6c4cb71bcdeb81a9c4058c5b49a1a.png

In a weird way it's more about what Chelsea and Wolves do now, rather than Man U (assuming Man City's ban is upheld and 5th is enough).

3 teams out of Leicester, Chelsea, Man U and Wolves will finish 3rd to 5th. We still need to be targeting 64 points - two more wins could be enough. Wolves will have to win 4 or 5 of their remaining games to get 64+ points. 

I don't see Wolves doing that, so if 5th is enough we're probably OK unless we have a complete collapse. 

So see how we do tonight, but it's the Bournemouth and Sheffield games that are make or break.

But psychologically the next 2 days could be massive, as we could easily lose tonight and the other 3 all win. 

The predicted points seems to be based on season form rather than recent form, there is no way we we outscoring man utd on points before end of season.

is there another one of these where its not a rose tinted view? ;)

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

The predicted points seems to be based on season form rather than recent form, there is no way we we outscoring man utd on points before end of season.

is there another one of these where its not a rose tinted view? ;)

The predicted points is based purely on points per game over the whole season so far. Ours comes out as 67 - which means us getting 9 more points. Which as you say seems very favourable to us. 

But I'm not talking about us needing or getting 67 points. We won't need 67 points anyhow, as Wolves, Spurs and Arsenal can't achieve that total. 

As I say, I think we need 64 points

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The predicted points is based purely on points per game over the whole season so far. Ours comes out as 67 - which means us getting 9 more points. Which as you say seems very favourable to us. 

But I'm not talking about us needing or getting 67 points. We won't need 67 points anyhow, as Wolves, Spurs and Arsenal can't achieve that total. 

As I say, I think we need 64 points

For 4th or 5th? 

Regardless, tonight’s game is massive. Win and we go into Sheff Utd and Bournemouth with some real momentum and belief. Lose and we could be a position that sees us implode more than we did after the restart. 

I do think Man Utd and Chelsea will lose at least one more game each. 

15 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

For 4th or 5th? 

Regardless, tonight’s game is massive. Win and we go into Sheff Utd and Bournemouth with some real momentum and belief. Lose and we could be a position that sees us implode more than we did after the restart. 

I do think Man Utd and Chelsea will lose at least one more game each. 

For 5th in all likelihood. For 64 points to be enough for 4th, Man Utd need to drop 6 points which I don't see happening - and/or Chelsea dropping 8. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

Chelsea and Wolves have  tough run ins,,,,,Chelsea, Palace, Sheff U Liverpool away,Wolves at home, all hard to call.

Wolves could well not win any of their remaining games.....worst case scenario,Foxes need to beat United last game....quite capable of doing that......

Would take, and fancy, a point tonight....

just looking at the remaining games, Sheff utd could have a big say in the outcome. aside from chasing their own European qualification, they also have to play ourselves, Wolves and Chelsea. The outcomes of those games are likely to be significant come the final reckoning. Palace too play all of our rivals but don't hold out much hope of them taking points from any of them after their lacklustre display against us and they have nothing really to play for

I think its naive to operate on the basis that 5th will be enough. Man City have enough money to make this go sufficiently away that they can stay in competition. Surely they'd take a massive fine and some squad restrictions or something.

Edited by ealingfox

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Don't know why you have used the word "easily", the odds of that scenario is around 10/1, so although it can happen only around a 9% probability

1 hour ago, nnickn said:

Don't know why you have used the word "easily", the odds of that scenario is around 10/1, so although it can happen only around a 9% probability

I meant we could easily lose tonight. And the other 3 win as a separate thing. Not all bundled into one.