Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

Ok maybe a over reaction about paying clubs back by the goverment but I am concerned for lower league clubs

I think its important politicans calm the eff down and dont cause panic

Merkel going on telly and saying most of germany might get it is stupid and irresponsible

Causing panic is not a good idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twister said:

Ok maybe a over reaction about paying clubs back by the goverment but I am concerned for lower league clubs

I think its important politicans calm the eff down and dont cause panic

Merkel going on telly and saying most of germany might get it is stupid and irresponsible

Causing panic is not a good idea.

She’s right but the majority will barely know they had it .... that should remain the message whilst acknowledging that the vulnerable need to try and avoid contracting it 

Closed door Matches in PL...Seeing in other countries,both sides had fans outside the stadium.Then...

Just a thought,before we put Games behind closed doors,couldnt we first...

# Try smaller crowds..Each other week Alternate Seat numbers.can attend

# Fixed amount of Away support,only Tickets Provided from  Away clubs Office only.In support from home team.

i) fixed transport...ii) only away supporters with These fixed transport tickets ,allowed Stadium entry..

## Put more games on free view, or allow more longer Highlights on other Channels for this 'closed door' period only...

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

She’s right but the majority will barely know they had it .... that should remain the message whilst acknowledging that the vulnerable need to try and avoid contracting it 

The whole point is that everyone needs to try and avoid contracting it.  Even if you're young and healthy and barely symptomatic (and don't kid yourself you're not at risk of a more severe illness too) you're putting those vulnerable people at greater risk of infection.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Closed door Matches in PL...Seeing in other countries,both sides had fans outside the stadium.Then...

Just a thought,before we put Games behind closed doors,couldnt we first...

# Try smaller crowds..Each other week Alternate Seat numbers.can attend

# Fixed amount of Away support,only Tickets Provided from  Away clubs Office only.In support from home team.

i) fixed transport...ii) only away supporters with These fixed transport tickets ,allowed Stadium entry..

## Put more games on free view, or allow more longer Highlights on other Channels for this 'closed door' period only...

Don’t think you could allow just a select number of fans to attend the games. A) how do you decide where to start in telling who can’t attend. B) the virus would still be spread anyway if someone who attends has it. If your going to do it, do it properly surely? Would love to see free view get games but way too much money involved for sky/bt to be overlooked. 

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Don’t think you could allow just a select number of fans to attend the games. A) how do you decide where to start in telling who can’t attend. B) the virus would still be spread anyway if someone who attends has it. If your going to do it, do it properly surely? Would love to see free view get games but way too much money involved for sky/bt to be overlooked. 

ONe could still agree on  xxx amount of games, going to Pay TV,with Highlights Delays still in operation.

some fans have STs,but still chose their games...But One can say,ok this week closed-doors for these 2-3sections.The Next game,different sections close,Previous closed sections open....

With 10 games left,each Club is talking about 5 Home games,would mean  fewer People converting through Any city/town before/ After games...

People will still go Shopping or visiting. Its playing the % game...Plus trying to prevent fans turning up anyway..!!! and Chearing on ....'outside'

People wont Stay at home...Instead of going to football,they might go shopping/walking /etc and still Cross other large group of peoples paths...

ffs They might all book a private bus and go on holiday.....!!!   Its all relative,and depends on Keeping some of the society's  life's flexability...

If it becomes so Draconian,then no sport or gathering of large groups regulations will come into play...

Don t forget How many people are involved on gameday,to play,manage,support staff,are needed on gameday..!!! And they go then and Mix with others...

If millions of People can go to Work to congugate in a City & suburbs, with only Basic feeble Health  control,then a controlled ten-12  Thousand ,can go to a Football match...Its Really only a Political statement,unless like mentioned draconion & hard measures and Action is needed und taken.

Lets be honest,no matter how the Politicians & spokesman crow. For an epidemic,  NHS/private clinics, Don t have enough staff,enough Basic beds,enough Technical beds,enough Room for more closed off Quarrantien space,Not enough equipment or BAs...Even if they could Double up on BAs &equipment,it still

wong be enough...

In the end I Hope it doesn't come to even 15% of our worries or fears....!!!

Man City v Arsenal has been postponed. Looks like others will follow suit.

Apologies - slow news day for me it's been said by many others already.

Edited by shanetko

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Man City v Arsenal has been postponed. Looks like others will follow suit.

Apologies - slow news day for me it's been said by many others already.

There we go - now the West Ham players have to be tested. As I said 1 players gets it, the whole league then begins to follow on 

So Man City v Arsenal is off, which means all Premier League games will be cancelled for the forceable future.

What happens now ?

In Italy Serie A  bosses are having meetings to discuss the possibilities which include:

Play offs ..we could be playing Liverpool for the Premiership title !

Cancelling the year....we've achieved nothing

Keeping standings as they are...which to me seems fair considering our placing.

Whatever happens I have a feeling that the Watford game is off.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The whole point is that everyone needs to try and avoid contracting it.  Even if you're young and healthy and barely symptomatic (and don't kid yourself you're not at risk of a more severe illness too) you're putting those vulnerable people at greater risk of infection.

I can’t see how you will avoid it - the question is how far around the population it gets this side of the summer and therefore if it comes back for next autumn/winter with any oomph - if it goes through the majority of the population this spring then it will likely not be back with any note in the late autumn but we could end up with a double peak over the next 9/10 months.

as I said, the vast majority who get it will not be particularly ill and some will barely notice - BUT that leaves a huge number of people who will suffer v significantly....

assuming that saturdays game goes ahead, I think you’ll see a marked difference in inter player contact post match compared with Monday. 

Given was has happened in Italy and with us being on the same trajectory just a couple of weeks behind surely the sensible response now is to suspend all football until the situation is clear.  How they resolve unfinished competitions is a secondary issue for me.

If we can delay the peak until next winter then there is a fighting chance that there will be a vaccine by then and it just becomes like any other seasonal flu.

It’s only been cancelled as a precaution as the Arsenal players met with the opposition owner (sorry, not even going to try spelling his name) who is confirmed to have contracted the virus. 
No need to postpone other games.

39 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Given was has happened in Italy and with us being on the same trajectory just a couple of weeks behind surely the sensible response now is to suspend all football until the situation is clear.  How they resolve unfinished competitions is a secondary issue for me.

If we can delay the peak until next winter then there is a fighting chance that there will be a vaccine by then and it just becomes like any other seasonal flu.

No it doesn’t, because no seasonal flu since 1918 has had a mortality rate anywhere near COVID-19.

That said, the odds of a vaccine being developed, clinically trialed and widely available by next winter are very low.  Non-zero, but very low.  Best practice is to prepare as much as possible in other ways - most importantly, to make sure testing is widely available, free to patients and aggressively applied.

• Like 2

On a side note and a pretty damned unimportant one at that

If the season was canned in the next month, how would next seasons European competition places be decided I wonder. I assume there is procedures in place to deal with earlier than planned finishing of qualifying competitions.

Just pointless musing.

8 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

It’s only been cancelled as a precaution as the Arsenal players met with the opposition owner (sorry, not even going to try spelling his name) who is confirmed to have contracted the virus. 
No need to postpone other games.

And this thursday would be two weeks since they could have had contact so if no arsenal players/staff show symptoms by tomorrow then there is no ongoing issue from that evening ....... 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

On a side note and a pretty damned unimportant one at that

If the season was canned in the next month, how would next seasons European competition places be decided I wonder. I assume there is procedures in place to deal with earlier than planned finishing of qualifying competitions.

Just pointless musing.

Yes, the rules say that four out of the big six draw lots to see who gets into the CL .............

• Haha 2