Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

Guest Markyblue
15 minutes ago, bmt said:

My 50 quid bet on the season not finishing/finishing behind closed doors looking pretty good. Made it 2 weeks ago

Every cloud and all that eh.

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Every cloud and all that eh.

Well yeah I have been one of the main doomsayers on here so thought I'd put my money where my mouth is. Would much rather we'd cancelled it already and not win the bet to be honest.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, bmt said:

Well yeah I have been one of the main doomsayers on here so thought I'd put my money where my mouth is. Would much rather we'd cancelled it already and not win the bet to be honest.

I was only joking buddy, my own thoughts are its not good but will not be as bad as some are making out, but the truth is nobody on this site knows. 

DON'T WORRY I'VE SOLVED IT

Stage 1: Split the league in to 2 leagues of 10, 

League 1 (Current Top Half of the table): 1st plays 10th, 2nd plays 9th, 3rd plays 8th, 4th plays 7th & 5th plays 6th. All games must come to a conclusion with a winner on the day (Extra time and penalties if needed)

League 2 (Current Bottom Half of the table): 11th plays 20th, 12th plays 19th, 13th plays 18th, 14th plays 17th & 15th plays 16th All games must come to a conclusion with a winner on the day (Extra Time and penalties if needed)

Stage 2: This becomes 4 Mini leagues to decide on league title, relegation places and European places 

Mini League A: All the winners from League 1 (5 teams go into this group to decide Premier League Winners and Champions League Spots)

Mini League B: All the losers from League 1 (5 teams go into this group to decide Europa League Spots)

Mini League C: All the winners from League 2 (5 teams go into this group to decide absolutely nothing whatsoever)

Mini League D: All the Losers from League 2 (5 teams go into this group to decide relegation places)

Each group is played as a round robin & teams in each mini league are ranked on their current Premier League position

The highest ranked team in each mini league will play all of their games at home

The second ranked team in each mini league will play 3 at home 1 away

The Third ranked team in each mini league will play 2 at home 2 away 

The Fourth ranked team in each mini league will play 1 at home 3 away 

The Fifth ranked team in each mini league will play all of their games away 

Points are decided as they are now for each mini league 

So advantages to teams already high up in the league are that they get an easier first round game & more home games, everybody in the top half gets a shout at Europe as is fair and the whole bottom half are in danger of relegation so need to show their consistency. 

I've just nearly halved the amount of games left to be played and given us a fighting chance of winning the whole thing lol

I've got a lot of time on my hands, I'm an absolute genius and I'll organise the whole thing for a million quid. howzatt? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I was only joking buddy, my own thoughts are its not good but will not be as bad as some are making out, but the truth is nobody on this site knows. 

Quite right - but I think prepare for the worst :claude: and hope for the best :brendan:

• Like 1

Just now, Jack1993 said:

DON'T WORRY I'VE SOLVED IT

Stage 1: Split the league in to 2 leagues of 10, 

League 1 (Current Top Half of the table): 1st plays 10th, 2nd plays 9th, 3rd plays 8th, 4th plays 7th & 5th plays 6th. All games must come to a conclusion with a winner on the day (Extra time and penalties if needed)

League 2 (Current Bottom Half of the table): 11th plays 20th, 12th plays 19th, 13th plays 18th, 14th plays 17th & 15th plays 16th All games must come to a conclusion with a winner on the day (Extra Time and penalties if needed)

Stage 2: This becomes 4 Mini leagues to decide on league title, relegation places and European places 

Mini League A: All the winners from League 1 (5 teams go into this group to decide Premier League Winners and Champions League Spots)

Mini League B: All the losers from League 1 (5 teams go into this group to decide Europa League Spots)

Mini League C: All the winners from League 2 (5 teams go into this group to decide absolutely nothing whatsoever)

Mini League D: All the Losers from League 2 (5 teams go into this group to decide relegation places)

Each group is played as a round robin & teams in each mini league are ranked on their current Premier League position

The highest ranked team in each mini league will play all of their games at home

The second ranked team in each mini league will play 3 at home 1 away

The Third ranked team in each mini league will play 2 at home 2 away 

The Fourth ranked team in each mini league will play 1 at home 3 away 

The Fifth ranked team in each mini league will play all of their games away 

Points are decided as they are now for each mini league 

So advantages to teams already high up in the league are that they get an easier first round game & more home games, everybody in the top half gets a shout at Europe as is fair and the whole bottom half are in danger of relegation so need to show their consistency. 

I've just nearly halved the amount of games left to be played and given us a fighting chance of winning the whole thing lol

I've got a lot of time on my hands, I'm an absolute genius and I'll organise the whole thing for a million quid. howzatt? 

But that's just the Belgian league system....

• Haha 1

Just now, bmt said:

But that's just the Belgian league system....

Yeah but the difference with this one is that none of it takes place in Belgium :thumbup:  - If you could pass it on to The Premier League that'd be great, cheers 

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If the FA does move the goalposts, you can guarantee that it'll be to the advantage of the so-called big 6 including Spurs, the club that nowadays never wins anything. 

It would lead to an outcry if any club was assisted in such a manner. To the point, clubs like ourselves, Sheffield United and Wolves would just pull out. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It would lead to an outcry if any club was assisted in such a manner. To the point, clubs like ourselves, Sheffield United and Wolves would just pull out. 

One would suspect that there must be something in writing re procedures if the season cannot be completed .......

EDIT: I believe that there aren’t and there would be talks to decide if the season should be declared null and void or not.  

now let’s consider who would like the season declared ‘null and void’ ?

spurs, arsenal, wolves, Norwich, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, sheff Utd 

who would like it declared over ? Lpool, Leicester, Chelsea 

wonder where the rest will be ???

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

If the FA does move the goalposts, you can guarantee that it'll be to the advantage of the so-called big 6 including Spurs, the club that nowadays never wins anything. 

Agree. The EPL co-efficient table will come into play.

8 hours ago, String fellow said:

If the rest of the domestic football season did have to be abandoned, I think that the fairest way to decide the final league positions would be to assume that every unplayed game is treated as a 0-0 draw. That way, the final points totals would provide the final overall placings of every team in the country and determine in a pretty fair way the various promotion and relegation issues. It would also guarantee City finishing third, of course.  

That’s virtually the same thing as saying just end with the table as-is.  Four sides would get 10 points, the rest 9.

The only change would be SHU jumping Wolves for sixth.  And Liverpool could not set the PL season wins or points records.

Wolves should gladly lay themselves down on that cross.  A small sacrifice for the greater good.  Not sure @The Bear would buy in though?

edit: The more I think about this, if we had to lose the season, awarding draws so Liverpool go into the record books with a pedestrian 27 wins and 91 points for 2019-20 would be the only way to go.  Ever so sorry, no records will be broken. 

Their state of their fans ... for years ...  lol   OTOH it might kill more of them than COVID.  So never mind.

Edited by KingsX

I've got the perfect solution to wrap up postponed matches, you have my advanced warning on decimal goals.

- When a match is scheduled to play, teams are awarded .1 goals based on their position from 1st to 20th. For example for this weekend's games, Liverpool would automatically be assigned 2.0 goals and Norwich would be assigned 0.1.

-Any team who has a game is hand and can technically move up a spot had that played that game in hand at the time would be given an extra 0.1 to compensate. Therefore, Man City would not get one but Arsenal and Sheff Utd would.

- Each home team is automatically given 1.0 goals.

- Therefore, Man City (1.9 for position + 1 for being at home) v Arsenal (0.1 for the game in hand + 1.2 for position) would have finished Man City 2.9 - 1.3 Arsenal

Where's my seat on the Premier League board??? :D