Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well obviously not 

Oh sorry. 

So if we're watching on TV it makes the viewing experience better.

Surely no one wants to hear the empty echos of a stadium and see empty seats? 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Oh sorry. 

So if we're watching on TV it makes the viewing experience better.

Surely no one wants to hear the empty echos of a stadium and see empty seats? 

OK well maybe I'm on my own here. It really wouldn't bother me. It would actually bother me more knowing its all fake to be honest 

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

OK well maybe I'm on my own here. It really wouldn't bother me. It would actually bother me more knowing its all fake to be honest 

No I can see your point of you but because it's forced to close (rather than them just to trying to cover up poor attendance) I could probably stomach it - as long as it was done really well so that you couldn't tell the difference of course... 

Guest Cujek
2 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Don't get me started on the USA; turned up late in 1918 and (the sensible ones will admit) brought the 'Spanish' flu with them.

And now they are 'led' by an orange twat who thinks this is all fake news. When he realises it is not it will be the fault of the Mexicans …. or Greta

I don't think the Swedish doom goblin can be blamed for this one. 

The problem is the USA is ran not for the benefit of its people, look at the amount of money they send to Israel for example, if they used that to pay for health care maybe they wouldn't be in the shit storm they are actually in. 

22 minutes ago, Cujek said:

The problem is the USA is ran not for the benefit of its people, look at the amount of money they send to Israel for example, if they used that to pay for health care maybe they wouldn't be in the shit storm they are actually in. 

And if anyone is thinking of travelling to Israel soon, think again!

They have just introduced a 14 day quarantine period for all arrivals  

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appears it will just carry on as the norm. Does that suggest cases today are slightly less than the upward curve we've been seeing? 

It just means the government are taking a very passive approach, looking at the advice like no screening at airports, GP's telling the elderly to fine go out side etc.

Very bizarre but its the path they have chosen.

On 05/03/2020 at 21:46, Matt_Lcfc said:

I don’t want to eat my words here but in terms of death, I don’t think Corona Virus is a big deal. It mainly seems to affect people who have respiratory issues / are off poor health anyway, which is similar to flu.

Fake news.

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Have to say that comment would be 5000/1 to have appeared in this thread !

2 hours ago, brucey said:

2586246129540661248.png

Butttt If you're  wearing a short sleeve shirt, lean on your elbows (on your desk) and  then touch the desk are you up shits creek? 

What if your taps are the round knobs that you have to turn round and round to shut off? How do you use your elbows on that?

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Butttt If you're  wearing a short sleeve shirt, lean on your elbows (on your desk) and  then touch the desk are you up shits creek? 

What if your taps are the round knobs that you have to turn round and round to shut off? How do you use your elbows on that?

:ph34r:

What if your arms burst 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, enmac said:

Moron

What is that for? It was a genuine question. We were looking at how different parts of the country tried to contain the virus in different ways. And we weren't talking about Covid19 at that point. 

I was simply pointing out that in St Louis the virus killed less people overall because they went into containment and lockdown, but it did last longer. Was more a hypothetical intriguing line of thought. Was in no way an intention to offend anyone. 

On 05/03/2020 at 21:08, Ian Nacho said:

The winter flu is more deadly so this is just a massive over reaction. 

Normal influenza has about a 0.05% (US) fatality rate, in Italy currently, COVID19 has a 5% fatality rate (and increasing). This current outbreak is 100 times as deadly as seasonal flu.

• Like 2

At this point I think we are facing the biggiest pandemic in nearly a century otherwise Italy would not be reacting this way

I think in terms of football my action plan would be

1.  suspend international football and euro 2020 has to go for a year to make room for the club  seasons to be finished in June.

2. champions league delayed for a month with ties reduced to one of ties rather than two legged events to finish the comp,if virus get  terribly worse, null it as void for the season same with the europa.

3. Government if games needed to be played behind closed doors need to fund efl clubs for the last two months of the season, payments to allow them to survive.