Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The season is done - I think we all better accept that.  I would support playing the matches behind closed doors but I don't think that's what's going to happen.

Hoping for the announcement to be made tomorrow.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-uk-set-to-move-to-delay-phase-schools-could-close-and-major-events-cancelled-11955695

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The season is done - I think we all better accept that.  I would support playing the matches behind closed doors but I don't think that's what's going to happen.

You are probably right but I honestly can not wrap my head around how they are going to do this without totally screwing some teams over....

The elephant in the room is that within a period of time (a day, a week, a month, a year, two years) .....we will all come into contact with this virus ........ I wonder if the government attempt to keep the line as flat as possible means they are actually ‘encouraging’a certain level of infection rather than trying to stop it spreading completely which would mean an ‘uncontained’ spike at a later period  ........

• Like 3

Was curious why Italy has had such a significant infection rate compared to the rest of Europe (and pretty much anywhere outside of China and the Middle East)

Did not know, but seems Italy has the largest number of air travel connections points to China in the whole of Europe. Most flights.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was curious why Italy has had such a significant infection rate compared to the rest of Europe (and pretty much anywhere outside of China and the Middle East)

Did not know, but seems Italy has the largest number of air travel connections points to China in the whole of Europe. Most flights.

That's interesting. My understanding was that it also relates to the large elderly population in Italy too. So quite the recipe I suppose.

4 hours ago, Guybino said:

Come to Thailand guys, nice and sunny over here and apparently covid-19 doesn't like the heat.

I would like some time off work though.

And get in a scrap with a pack of angry monkeys? Nah ta

http://newsparliament.com/2020/03/12/hundreds-of-ravenous-wild-monkeys-terrorise-thai-city-in-search-of-food-after-coronavirus-drives-tourists-away/

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Media are split on whether this ban on large crowds will be before this weekend or after, assuming that the numbers affected by the virus continue to exponentially increase ....

I just don’t get it, why not do it early and before? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Italy suspended flights to and from China when the first two cases of Coronavirus were confirmed in January. Seems the virus had already spread to Lombardy, where the largest grouping of Chinese people reside in Italy, Milan being the most populated. 

Edited by l444ry

If the leagues (Prem and Championship) could come to some arrangement with UK TV companies for all games - they are being filmed anyway, and you could have some free to air, some on Sky or BT - I'd be happy. Money means it won't happen, I know, but it would be a good move politically and financially. 

33 minutes ago, MrLuke said:

Not sure if Joe.co.uk knows something or is just out for clicks:

Nah it's what's going round today since midnight when The Times reported it. Probably be officially announced later today. 

Just read that moving Euro 2020 to Euro 2021 is not an option as the 2021 summer schedule is already full due to the Nations League, WC Qualifiers and the new 24-team Club World Cup. I mean, seriously, ditch the Nations League and Club World Cup, then move the one round of WC qualifiers to a later date. It won't happen though, UEFA and FIFA would sooner have a showpiece tournament played with no fans than cancel competitions that no one cares about.

• Like 4

I suspect this weekends games will be played behind closed doors, but by the time it gets to the weekend after there will be too many squads in quarantine to complete the fixtures. Last thing they need is more teams having games in hand and complicating the early ending of the season even more.

Also, if any competition is going to get wiped off, unfortunately for us it will be the FA Cup. Could you imagine though, finally getting to a cup final and then it being played in an empty stadium, with everyone forced to watch it in isolation at home.

• Sad 1