Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa (H) 4-0 // Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

People being a bit quick to wish to see the back of Chilwell. Justin was great last night and deserves to keep his place, but it’s just one game, and Chilwell has hit those heights for us before not too long ago too. I’m hoping a little break and some competition for his place will do Chilwell the world of good and he’ll be back with a bang soon.

When? He's never been able to control or pass a football so I think you must have dreamt it.

• Thanks 1

Great win yesterday just what we needed.

I really cant stand Grealish, I know everyone wants him in the England squad for the Euros but I dont.

The media pundits always have a creamathon when hes playing but last night he was poor.

And whats with Sky Sports always zooming in on him ?

hope Villa go down, take him with you!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoboFox said:

How on Earth did Sven ever bed any ladies let alone enough to be considered some sort of lothario?

The bloke has the personality of a wet paper bag.

We were staying in the same hotel in Manchester where he stayed while he was managing Man City.  He turned up on the hotel bar at 1am surrounded by three blonde 20-somethings so the man has something 🤔.

4 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

We were staying in the same hotel in Manchester where he stayed while he was managing Man City.  He turned up on the hotel bar at 1am surrounded by three blonde 20-somethings so the man has something 🤔.

A big wallet?? 

I'm usually in favour of singing positive songs about our own team, rather than singing about the opposition.

But in Villa's case, I'll make an exception   (Sorry, you have to call them THE Villa, because they're such a big club, apparently.)

Great to hear the whole ground singing "going down, going down, going down".

Sweet revenge for the 4200 of us who suffered at Villa Park 6 weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'm usually in favour of singing positive songs about our own team, rather than singing about the opposition.

But in Villa's case, I'll make an exception   (Sorry, you have to call them THE Villa, because they're such a big club, apparently.)

Great to hear the whole ground singing "going down, going down, going down".

Sweet revenge for the 4200 of us who suffered at Villa Park 6 weeks ago.

I took my Villa-supporting mate into the Kop last night. Fair play to him, he joined in that one with great vigour and conviction. lol

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Great win yesterday just what we needed.

I really cant stand Grealish, I know everyone wants him in the England squad for the Euros but I dont.

The media pundits always have a creamathon when hes playing but last night he was poor.

And whats with Sky Sports always zooming in on him ?

hope Villa go down, take him with you!

Least amount of touches from him than any other Premier League game this season. Bravo Brendan selecting Albrighton 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

I think the chant was actually 'Greilish, what's the score' 

It definitely was this, can’t remember when I last heard the whole ground chanting the same thing like that.  My daughter was watching on TV and apparently it came over loud and clear along with “Leicester’s going to Europe and Villa’s going down”

• Like 1

Goes without saying that Villa were defensively woeful, frustrating that they didn't defend like that in the cup first leg, although saying that we did have enough chances to win both of those games.

We started slowly and it looked a bit like "here we go again" but we started causing them troubles at set pieces and we got a bit of momentum. Crucially we got the goal before half time, helped massively by Reina of course but finished nicely. Then second half we were dominant and never looked like conceding. Barnes directness is great when he gets going, Justin excellent, Praet quietly effective, Albrighton on a good day and defence was sound when called upon. Some decent play from Iheanacho but left his finishing boots at home, Maddison not quite there but did ok.

Overall, excellent performance and hopefully take some confidence into the Watford and Brighton games, and almost secure the top 4.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Trent Steel said:

what was Vards beef with Reina after the penalty ?

Looks like he was giving some right verb after!

Reina had tried to give him some chat before he took his penalty - big mistake! Chat s*** get banged 😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I've slated Marc affer the brum game as much as anyone although it was tempered by the fact we don't have a 6 ft striker for him to cross to. 

But grealish barely got a kick tonight. And albrighton definitely played a part in that. Both him and Brendan can take some credit for that.

Tonight's game shows what actually going 1 up can do.

Nacho's 6'1"

• Haha 2

Guest Markyblue

Really just like to say well done to the team and especially Brendan.  We completely nullified grealish and learned from the league cup matches, great effort boys.

5 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Reina tried to kid Vardy by saying that he was gonna hit it down the middle... so he did ...and scored  lol

I'm sure that Vardy enjoyed it all the more for that and let Reina know all about it.

12 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

He told Vards that he was going to put it down the middle. So Vards did exactly that. lol

Maybe an unpopular thing to say- but I would love to see The Villa go down and we get Tyrone Mings from them. Okay it was 4-0 yesterday but he looks a proper defender and single handed * got them through the cup semi final against us - he was phenominal!

* okay - not single handed. Their keeper had the game of his life!

• Like 3

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

When? He's never been able to control or pass a football so I think you must have dreamt it.

Goal and two assists vs Southampton was pretty good...