Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa (H) 4-0 // Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Not only did Kelechi make the initial crucial interception, but he then set off like a hare to add support to the attack and was square with Barnes, available for a sideways pass, should he be needed.

He put himself in perfect position for Barnes to square it to him for a free shot at the empty net, but was not needed.

Yes, he did miss one or two chances, but was unlucky rather than inept (e.g. one of the balls to him was over-strong and was difficult to control, but if he'd got full confidence he might have been able to react in time and just hit it) but I thought his performance was good and selfless.

Take the point, though, that Vardy is in a different class as a sharp and ruthless goalscorer.

Perfectly put, can’t fault Kelechi’s effort. Just unfortunate for him that the chances he had didn’t go in.

• Like 4

Not yet read thread but that was better only Villa and they really should have scored first but so many improvement

Wilf strolling about,Dennis the menace(another sick long ball)got things moving quick when he could and helped wilf

Madders higher up,Albrightom did a lot of good solid work topped off by the cross for Barnes.Barnes was unplayable.Vardy looked 98%

And finally would anyone like to explain why Justin should not keep his place very good and some great work down the outside.

Agressive got some bookings but also a 4 nil and shows they can do it

2 hours ago, LCFOX92 said:

Apart from his set pieces first half i struggle to remember how he effected play also didn't look like he wanted the ball for most of it but 2nd half couldn't really fault him still the 2nd worst performer on the pitch imo. Also i've never used whoscored but the fact they've got Ndidi with a lower score than him says something surely?

Perspectives and opinions,sources from how every individual looks at any given game or player....!!!

Maddison IMO, as over any given period,or individual game never played, as poor has some fans have insuated...

Like Everything else..Fans go well OTT, on the plaudits aswell as the critic.....Its the Blame and Hero extremities.....

Edited by fuchsntf

I was away with work on Monday night and couldn't see the game, so I recorded the live footage and watched the whole thing last night.

Knowing the outcome, it is amazing just how pessimistic and over-critical the match thread was, in relation to the real balance of play.

Or it would be, if I hadn't spent years on here watching people moan.

lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I really feel for him. Hope Nige takes him on at Watford and gets him back on track

I do not, he left us thinking he was too big for Leicester and pushed through a disaster move to Chelsea! 

Sometimes it's not always greener, Danny has found this out unfortunately. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I do not, he left us thinking he was too big for Leicester and pushed through a disaster move to Chelsea! 

We got a great fee for an out of form player and it was hardly like the Mahrez saga was it? I love how our fans expect loyalty from players but have no qualms in slagging them off every week

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

He's complicated. Nige said so. Shame, very decent player for us and one of the Immortals. Seems that he has issues. Hope he gets it back together. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He's complicated. Nige said so. Shame, very decent player for us and one of the Immortals. Seems that he has issues. Hope he gets it back together. 

Agreed.  I can’t wish ill on any of the players that gave us a season we will never forget.  Even Mahrez with his poorly judged comments.

I am willing to bet that if you gave Drinky the opportunity to have his time again he would choose to stick it out and would now be fighting Praet (not literally) for a starting spot.

I for one hope he finds a club where he has the opportunity to rebuild his career even if that is in the Championship but given his profile there will be people at every club keen to have a pop at him unless he eats a serious portion of humble pie.  Unfortunately I fear this might be difficult for him.

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I really feel for him. Hope Nige takes him on at Watford and gets him back on track

If Nigel is still there for next season (likely, regardless of which division Watford are in, I'm guessing?), maybe that would be a deal that would work for all parties?

Would be a risk for Watford, but NP knows him well and got him performing well for us - and he'll presumably be available at a massive discount, after his series of issues and his being superfluous at Chelsea before that.

Danny must know that, at his age and given recent problems, he wouldn't get many better offers.

Chelsea will doubtless want to cut their losses and get rid.

Hope it works out for all concerned. He had periods out of form for us, but his periods in form made him a valued servant. Hope he gets things together, wherever he ends up.

Drinkwaters career has stopped....

He and agent asked for the move,Chelsea took the Risk with an injury carrying  player...

I supported him,when he carried the foxes badge...But he Made his own bed.

He just didnt have that sympathetic Aurora facade...

He rightly has that Legend Status at KP....his injury woes followed him.....I know how that feels,so

some sympathy is there,but his After LCFC career just doesn't interest me,like many other ex - players

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Not condoning his actions at all but he's clearly in a dark place and has been for some time presumably 

There's being in a dark place and then there's being a prize t0sser. Guess which one I think applies to him.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

There's being in a dark place and then there's being a prize t0sser. Guess which one I think applies to him.

Its foxestalk so I'll guess the latter

And the dark place i was referring to was Aston Villa. You imagine going from league winner with Leicester to Chelsea, then on to Burnley and finally Villa. That's enough to make anyone lose their shit

Edited by foxfanazer

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Its foxestalk so I'll guess the latter

Let's look at the evidence shall we?

Nige called him a 'complex character', a very nice way of basically saying he's a tool.
He was cracking on with some other player's girl in a dodgy club in Manchester.
He pushed for an exit at our club.
He constantly looked p*ssed off whenever he played for us, even after scoring.
Now this.

Also he was mostly crap for us. Had a decent season when we won the league but was honking the following year and couldn't get in to the team the season before.

Just seems to be one of those types of people with a chip on their shoulder.