Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa (H) 4-0 // Post Match Thread

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Either dementia or a little too much champers in the green room. 

His latest gem 'almost always the goalkeeper goes right or left'

In all fairness, he is spot on in the point he is making here.

It has been statistically proven many times (combined with a few conversations around game theory) that going straight down the middle provides the highest penalty conversion rate. Part of that is down to the fact that a keeper isn’t blamed for diving the wrong way but would be for staying still when the penalty is put into either corner. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Smith doing a great job of keeping a straight face while claiming the penalty 'changed the game'.

Just can't bring himself to give us a compliment even though we should have won 8-0. He is right though, 4-0 was harsh.....on us.

Similar to Schmeichel's assertion we were in the game against Liverpool at home before the penalty- yes, technically at 1-0 you've got a good chance but Villa offered nothing after the 8th minute. We'd have still won that without the penalty (and probably got another one when Maddison was shoved over).

They've got far bigger problems than one decision in a 4-0 thrashing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wilfred Ndidi is the most important player to put on a Leicester shirt since NG. What a player. The amount of times he won the ball back or broke up their play was just immense. They started the game well but his constant break up just broke them down.

Neil Grewcock? 

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

VAR obviously felt sorry for us with the cough splutter “hand ball” crazy decision considering the ones we’ve had turned down of late, not complaining though 😝

About bloody time I say. Hearing villa fans moan and spiffy say it was a big moment in the game that went against them has conveniently forgotten the blatant handball not given against the foxes when they played Villa. 

• Like 2

At Last Vardy is back scoring and a classy display from Barnes to grab 2 himself first was quality still had loads to do after rounding the keeper to slot it in Cooley as you like !!

9 games to go I’d like to see us get at least 20 points is it c possible ?

Of course it is now Vardy has found his scoring and Barnes is knocking them in for fun !!

COME ON YOU GORGEOUS FOXES ARMY “FNQ” 💙🦊💙🦊💙

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

About bloody time I say. Hearing villa fans moan and spiffy say it was a big moment in the game that went against them has conveniently forgotten the blatant handball not given against the foxes when they played Villa. 

Fuch them it’s about time VAR gave us something rather than screw us over now they know how we felt !!

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

**** me, we needed that.

Took a bit of luck to drop our way with the first goal but you could see an instant improvement straight after- forward players buzzing around finding space, wanting the ball.

Hopefully that gives the confidence a massive lift and we can kick on.

I'd say Justin and Albrighton more than deserve a run in the side at the expense of Chilwell and Perez now.

Barnes shone too on that left hand side tonight without Chilwell... when they play together they look on totally different wavelengths!

Justin was different gravy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Villa didn't create anything tonight. They were damn lucky we hadn't taken a 2-0 lead before that.

The calls against us of late have been more harsh on us as they have cost us a lot of points (Wolves aside)

Obviously we were just better in general than we have been of late.

But so many players won their battles, and that's what I loved to see most.

It was refreshing to see the opposition limping off the pitch for once.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

VAR obviously felt sorry for us with the cough splutter “hand ball” crazy decision considering the ones we’ve had turned down of late, not complaining though 😝

It was the dick in the VAR box who reffed the Man City match not giving a KDB Handball and the Nacho Assault !

he needed to give us a bit of payback 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lanefox said:

At rb and ricardo rw 

... believe we would not be getting the best from Ricardo should we do that. More easier to mark out of the game, he is not a  natural winger. 

Justin stays left side, the freshening up of the team that the squad had long required. He bought a different perspective to the team and released the pressure from the usual front and attacking players. 

Dissapointed with the speculative shots and wasted positions at the end and would like to see more disciplined attitude in the last ten minutes. 

I maybe asking too much, but we kept it together when winning 9-0 and our composure on the night did not waver. Let's cut out the Hollywood stuff and do the basics right. After all, that is what has got us to where we are!! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

**** me, we needed that.

Took a bit of luck to drop our way with the first goal but you could see an instant improvement straight after- forward players buzzing around finding space, wanting the ball.

Hopefully that gives the confidence a massive lift and we can kick on.

I'd say Justin and Albrighton more than deserve a run in the side at the expense of Chilwell and Perez now.

Agree on justin getting a run in the team. But I thought albrighton was quite predictable tbh. Dnt get me wrong he played well but so many times he could have turned the opposition player but decided to try his usual hit it into the box routine. I was shouting at the tv for him to turn the player before crossing. Great player for us but just too predictable. Not sure he's due a run in the team but that just depends on who we are playing.

• Like 1