Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Aston Villa (H) 4-0 // Post Match Thread

Great to see some confidence oozing back last night and a comprehensive win.

Regarding the 2 polar camps and some of the comments in the thread, I obviously cannot speak for others, I stated in previous threads that it was obviously concerning and noone likes losing, yet it was no surprise that with a young squad and very key personnel missing in Wilf and Vards a downturn was no real shock.

One Swallow doesn't make a summer but it's an extremely timely boost to our UCL chances.

Let's try to get behind the lads and push them on and as posters on here drop the pointless and negative bickering.

COYB 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Not only did Kelechi make the initial crucial interception, but he then set off like a hare to add support to the attack and was square with Barnes, available for a sideways pass, should he be needed.

He put himself in perfect position for Barnes to square it to him for a free shot at the empty net, but was not needed.

Yes, he did miss one or two chances, but was unlucky rather than inept (e.g. one of the balls to him was over-strong and was difficult to control, but if he'd got full confidence he might have been able to react in time and just hit it) but I thought his performance was good and selfless.

Take the point, though, that Vardy is in a different class as a sharp and ruthless goalscorer.

I did feel for Kelechi, he got into all the right positions and got himself involved when necessary. The Norwich goal being disallowed might have affected his confidence to just trust his instincts and hit it first time. 

There’s lots of ‘Kelechi-love’ on here at the moment

Can’t see it personally. 
I’m well happy he’s putting in a shift but he’s not going to score us enough goals when Vardy is out. 
I believe a second, top rated striker to be imperative if we finally make it to the Champs league.

7 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

People being a bit quick to wish to see the back of Chilwell. Justin was great last night and deserves to keep his place, but it’s just one game, and Chilwell has hit those heights for us before not too long ago too. I’m hoping a little break and some competition for his place will do Chilwell the world of good and he’ll be back with a bang soon.

Not sure Chilwell had ever defended as well as Justin did last night. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Blows my mind that Reina gets in ahead of Nyland. 

I agree, crazy decision to drop Nyland for him.

Watching Reina in goal for Villa reminds me of times when we have had old goalkeepers as first choice...Schwarzer/Pressman spring to mind... slow to react to everything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

Watching Reina in goal for Villa reminds me of times when we have had old goalkeepers as first choice...Schwarzer/Pressman spring to mind... slow to react to everything. 

Pity he wasnt in fotr the semi final

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

Reina sniffed out the danger leading to the first goal pretty quickly!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Barnes has taken to the top flight quicker than Vardy did.

Did you know Vardy would score close to 100 PL goals when he was on the bench before the great escape started?

Obviously not about vardy scoring goals. 

Just re-watched the match.  Really struck by the divergence between Maddison’s performance and many FT comments on it.

He had considerably more of than ball than any of our other mids, and kept it moving forward.  80% passing including completing ten or a dozen long balls, which is exceptional.  Several deliveries resulting in open attempts on goal (or wastes of same by Iheanacho).  Pressed hard for the entire 90’.

He’s improved his physicality (a little) and his stamina (a lot).  He needs to improve more, but what young player doesn’t?  He and Evans were near the top of our Whoscored ratings, behind only the brilliant performances from Barnes, Albrighton and Vardy.

914981353_LCFCAVFCratings.JPG.fc9ccd65b706fa7c5123529aec3b3f81.JPG

Some folks seem so focused on what he does wrong.  Yesterday that was almost nothing.  I do not want this boy gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Just re-watched the match.  Really struck by the divergence between Maddison’s performance and many FT comments on it.

He had considerably more of than ball than any of our other mids, and kept it moving forward.  80% passing including completing ten or a dozen long balls, which is exceptional.  Several deliveries resulting in open attempts on goal (or wastes of same by Iheanacho).  Pressed hard for the entire 90’.

He’s improved his physicality (a little) and his stamina (a lot).  He needs to improve more, but what young player doesn’t?  He and Evans were near the top of our Whoscored ratings, behind only the brilliant performances from Barnes, Albrighton and Vardy.

Some folks seem so focused on what he does wrong.  Yesterday that was almost nothing.  I do not want this boy gone.

Thank you! 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Not sure Chilwell had ever defended as well as Justin did last night. 

Short memories...!!  Plus he has often defended well,when in avg form,but in same game lost concentration/or lost his player...

Ricardo is well liked,but makes many Errors that fans turn a blind eye, because Hes Not on the Hunted list... 

Fbs lot,..they get beaten,they fail to prevent crosses,just like Justin last night...

Chilwell got into and stayed in the England Set up,because HE IS GOOD,but like other City players,has found indifferent form...

Ie..Maguire  Now of Manutd,started below avg...Now Finding some form....!!!

But..Like many have mentioed,Justin deserves a  Now longer run even at the cost of Chilwell....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Still sore over the cup exit

How did ‘The Villa’ shit-house their way to Wembley?

They are a woeful side...

To be fair,their form in the cup,was better,also against us,got the Run of the green,because they shown more commitment,attacking the ball...

Last Night After 2 x 10 minutes,je half,they shower less interest & Grealish was forced deep,or Made runs from too deep...

This season,as have seen,Mount,Grealish,Maddison, they all deserve a Run out for England....All 3 will,still have the odd below average game,but over the next 2 seasons,I would Hope they will Pick up on their consistently & improve on their strengths...

.All still young and learning.( One Never stops)

Then Add the young Scot, Gilmore or is it Gilmour..??   The PL has some decent Brits,for the future....D.Ali Wont have it so easy...

Then throw in our own Winger/Striker. Barnes...Maybe We (England) wont be so sterile...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

55 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Apart from his set pieces first half i struggle to remember how he effected play also didn't look like he wanted the ball for most of it but 2nd half couldn't really fault him still the 2nd worst performer on the pitch imo. Also i've never used whoscored but the fact they've got Ndidi with a lower score than him says something surely?