Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Watford away Pre-Match

29 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Well at the minute there’s 3 suspected cases so we’ll have 3 missing in my book that’s enough evidence.

If there is covid-19 in the squad then a postponement is certain 

it’s up to the club to show this. - it’s not difficult to organise test results by tomorrow 

if the results are negative then you don’t get a postponement cos a few players have a cold 

3 minutes ago, bart said:

Daily mail reporting that a clubs in & around the bottom 6 are very unhappy that we may play Watford 3 players short and want the match postponed.

I’d put any money on it bring West Ham.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Cancel the ****ing match for christ's sake. No point putting people's lives at risk.

I for one won't be attending.

I think its important than coronavirus is taken in context as to what it is when taking into account footballing related activities. Deaths from the virus, peoples ages, circumstances and all of this in association with today's government media briefing would suggest that comments like this are OTT and not necessary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think its important than coronavirus is taken in context as to what it is when taking into account footballing related activities. Deaths from the virus, peoples ages, circumstances and all of this in association with today's government media briefing would suggest that comments like this are OTT and not necessary.

I call BS on that.  For the Nth time, this isn't about protecting individuals - it's about protecting society.  This is a virus which allows asymptomatic people to walk around spreading it for days at a time.  Every young healthy person who gets infected and recovers is a risk to dozens of at-risk people who might not.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I call BS on that.  For the Nth time, this isn't about protecting individuals - it's about protecting society.  This is a virus which allows asymptomatic people to walk around spreading it for days at a time.  Every young healthy person who gets infected and recovers is a risk to dozens of at-risk people who might not.

Then I'd suggest you find an online re-run of the briefing today, because you are emphatically wrong.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Then I'd suggest you find an online re-run of the briefing today, because you are emphatically wrong.

No he's not - it can take up to 11 days (usually ~5) for people to develop symptoms, during which time they can spread it easily.

One Watford player awaiting test results

71f70083-a93c-4e04-b1ba-fe67a1a4595b.jpg

Watford

Watford now say one player is awaiting test results on his symptoms.

Training at the Hornets was cancelled yesterday after a number of players reported feeling unwell.

“We've had players who have had symptoms of not being well," manager Nigel Pearson said.

"We've got one player awaiting tests results on his symptoms.

"We are trying to be proactive and hopefully the Premier League will make a strong decision based on what is good for everybody.”

19 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

At this rate it will be down to Matty James, Leshbela and a sweepstake for 9 fans to play, I'll give it a go, I have the full kit and everything. 

gettyimages-527616254-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.dbac8867d671d995e3e67fafd9006373.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sly1 said:

Is the game still on  :whistle:

As it stands.
Although the word is that the PL meeting will suggest that the league is suspended for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

At this rate it will be down to Matty James, Leshbela and a sweepstake for 9 fans to play, I'll give it a go, I have the full kit and everything. 

You just know that Matty James will 100% be one of the 3 with the virus already. 

• Haha 1