Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Watford away Pre-Match

Well I hope the players are more confident than most on here although obviously I doubt many of them have the same cult like fear and devotion to an opposition manager. If Pearson and Watford were as good as most are making out they'd be midtable. They're not and as likely as anyone bar Norwich to go down. If confidence is back after last night and we play well we should really bury them. Freak result against Liverpool aside they're about the same level as Villa and Norwich.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

They are playing much better with Deeney back , they will be physical so good to have Wilf fit. I would expect a hard fought draw but could snatch an odd goal victory. No way will we thrash them like we did to Villa.

Edited by An Sionnach

The simplistic and realistic approach would be to start last with last nights formula,

~ starting 11 ^ Iheanacho ∑ Vardy = Good. 

But it's been tricky to predict Rodger's line-up's, so I'll leave that to the experts. 

I don't think he'll use it again. 

They are a bit brutish, so this feels like a game where Maddison will be on his butt all game, perhaps give him a rest for the less Bambi'esque Tielemans. 

So keen to see Justin continue his Villa form, but I reckon Chilwell will be back, bit like having a lovely hot supply teacher for the day and then the normal teacher returns back to class the next day. 

Best bit is seeing us back against Sir Nigel Pearson and Shakeh, sure there'll be some great moments in this game.

Hopefully Vardy's 100, 101 and 102 all come in this game. 

10 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Bet he’s had that 100 goal shirt under his City top for a few games now before that dreaded injury, but how Brilliant it would be to show it off against his former boss !

It will feel strange. Vardy races towards the golden boot, scoring against the manager who made him believe he could succeed at the highest level.

Edited by Foxxed

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

but I reckon Chilwell will be back

Watford will be praying for that.

Depending on when the Brighton game is rearranged, we could be playing 4 of the next 5 away, with the sole home game being against Palace, who have a great record at the KP. Given that there is no room for sentiment on Saturday, even though I'm desperate for Big Nige to keep Watford up at the end of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Delofeu could be a big miss for them though 

True. He is by far Watford's most creative and skilful player when playing well. I can see an open game as City willw ant to expose Watford defence, which despite tightening up since NP took over, is still fragile, and Foster has made a few mistakes of late. We will need to have plan for Sarr whose pace can cause trouble for any team.

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Would feel quite bad if we won this, really want Nige to keep them up. Maybe we could shake hands on a draw beforehand and just spend the 90 minutes doing a big meet and greet?

Good plan -  apart from the hand-shaking :unsure:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Well I hope the players are more confident than most on here although obviously I doubt many of them have the same cult like fear and devotion to an opposition manager. If Pearson and Watford were as good as most are making out they'd be midtable. They're not and as likely as anyone bar Norwich to go down. If confidence is back after last night and we play well we should really bury them. Freak result against Liverpool aside they're about the same level as Villa and Norwich.

Since Pearson arrived they've taken 20pts in 12 games.  They were adrift beforehand on 7 points.  Villa are about half of that over the same period and Watford's form is comfortably mid table if not higher.  Better than ours.

They are a physical team and will be scrapping for their lives.  I think it will be tough.  I reckon 1-1,

• Like 1

It is all about results now. We really need to win any way we can. Doesn't matter if it is a filthy and lucky 1-0. 3 points at this stage of the season are more important than style. We need somewhere between 12 and 16 points to make top 4 and the sooner we get them the better.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Perez 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why on earth would you do that?

Albrighton deserves to keep his place after last nights performance, in aspects both with and without the ball.

A battle, away against this Watford side, and you would bring in Perez? 

The worlds softest footballer who looks like a rag doll without the stitching to hold him up right.

That my good man, for so many reasons would not be a sensible decision. Leave him out, he simply doesn’t put the requisite amount of effort into the game.

I agree that Chilwell should not  play, and I’ll go further, he should be lined up for sale to the highest bidder on the Summer.

Sorry Brendan

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dynamark said:

For me Sarr is the difference for Watford and to an extent Delafeu .Keep them quiet

Move it quick and get stuck in we should get a couple in the bag/Liverpool were poor at them .Good work from small Nige and Craig though.

Deulofeu is out for the season 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Since Pearson arrived they've taken 20pts in 12 games.  They were adrift beforehand on 7 points.  Villa are about half of that over the same period and Watford's form is comfortably mid table if not higher.  Better than ours.

They are a physical team and will be scrapping for their lives.  I think it will be tough.  I reckon 1-1,

All that first paragraph may be true but a large portion of those points will have been through the new manager bounce phenomenon and that ran out a while ago now. The near freakish Liverpool game aside they've not looked particularly great since and will probably finish somewhere in the bottom five. They should prove a lot tougher than Villa last night but they are not really anything special and plenty on here acting like it's Arsenal away purely because Pearson's their manager. We've got far better teams still to come and we really need to look at this as one of our best chances for 3 points left. 

• Like 2

On 09/03/2020 at 23:18, Shane said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Justin

Praet, Ndidi, Maddison

Albrighton, Vardy, Barnes

I agree with this..Lets see if they can Keep this new  Fresh ball rolling.

Though for One game more,maybe Vardy Coming from the Bench might be prudent..

Albrighton and Justin have to keep their places.

I say it seemingly every third post I make, but Albrighton is massively underrated. Apart from Barnes he is our best winger, he's a Premier League winner, Champions League goal scorer, and just needs a run in the team. He is leagues ahead of Perez and Gray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tend to find these early games tend to be a draw or pretty low scoring..

Palace did a job on us which Liverpool couldn't do in stopping Sarr and whilst we weren't too bad didn't really look like scoring.

Vardy is bound to score - and you'll get chances from set plays too.

Cannot see many changes for us.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Already said there is no plans for any UK based sporting event to be played behind closed doors. So i would say absolutly no chance this changes within 4 days. 

Hmm, that is basically a guess, so I'll guess too...

Game postponed due to Deeneys mum snogging Nadine Dorris last week. :thumbup:

15 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Already said there is no plans for any UK based sporting event to be played behind closed doors. So i would say absolutly no chance this changes within 4 days. 

:ph34r:

To be fair that’s probably exactly what will happen, looking at the current trajectory of cases, unless the numbers drastically worsen in the next few days.

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

All that first paragraph may be true but a large portion of those points will have been through the new manager bounce phenomenon and that ran out a while ago now. The near freakish Liverpool game aside they've not looked particularly great since and will probably finish somewhere in the bottom five. They should prove a lot tougher than Villa last night but they are not really anything special and plenty on here acting like it's Arsenal away purely because Pearson's their manager. We've got far better teams still to come and we really need to look at this as one of our best chances for 3 points left. 

Pearson is Watford's third manager this season, so they didn't get much of a new manager bounce last time.

I'm not saying they're Real Madrid but neither are they the canon fodder that you suggested.  They have a top ten squad and always did have but they are now playing like it.  I think it's a tricky one and all three outcomes, win,lose or draw are just as likely as each other imo.

Very tough game and NP will have them well drilled, I do hope our travelling fans don't have a Nige spaff fest because despite the utmost respect and gratitude a lot of us have for him, he's the opposition manager and let's not forget that.

Fancy Vards to get his 100th PL goal in a narrow win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1