Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southfox66

Get voting for KP as best Premier Staduim

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s not though lol. Our ground is fine but there’s nothing interesting about it really, it’s basically St Mary’s.

Villa Park, Old Trafford, Stamford bridge, Carrow Riad and Goodison etc have loads more character. They might be “worse matchday experiences” because they’re older but our ground is hardly luxurious.

Villa park... wash your mouth out! 

Our ground is ok, but no more than that. 

Anfield, Goodison Park, Villa Park etc are all better football grounds

Our ground is like a Barratt house. It's nice, it's home, but it lacks character and there are much better houses around. In fact, nearly all of them that aren't also Barratt houses

58 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s not though lol. Our ground is fine but there’s nothing interesting about it really, it’s basically St Mary’s.

Villa Park, Old Trafford, Stamford bridge, Carrow Riad and Goodison etc have loads more character. They might be “worse matchday experiences” because they’re older but our ground is hardly luxurious.

Would be funny if we were paired with Soton in this thing, basically just a question of what colour you prefer our of red and blue lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's a bland stadium but at least it's not miles out of town like some of them. 

It says a lot about a ground when the best thing is it’s location. I’m glad it’s close to where Filbo was too.

I wonder how many people voting for the KP has actually been to St James Park.

In terms of the area it's in and the impressiveness of the actual building it's one of the best I've ever been too. It could do with a lick of paint these days and the atmosphere has been nothing to shout about in recent years but if we are being honest with ourselves it craps all over the KP.

Its not just about architecture though is it? We have numerous buildings in this country with Blue Plaques, not because the structure is outstanding but relates to who lived there and historical significance. 

Only a handful of grounds can favourably compare with what has happened in less than 20 years at Freeman's Wharf. St Mary's may be architecturally similar but has nothing approaching ours historically. Although it does have the honour of hosting the highest away victory in the history of English top flight football. 

• Haha 2

Let's face it - our ground is bland, formulaic, generic. Basically bought from a catalogue and entirely lacking in character or interest.

As such, it's a pretty decent metaphor for 21st Century sensibility which is why, I imagine, it's even considered in this 'competition'.

But it does the job I guess and it's location is fine. Let's just hope any future expansion is done with some thought and imagination.

Kind of doubt it will be, though.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

All it needs is the expansion on one stand and that’d make a load of difference to the plain structure, especially with how good the atmosphere can be at times. 

I think 15/16 has made it a place in football folklore so other fans hold it in higher regard as a ground than we do when we go there every week. 

And to lose the majority of the "King Power" brand stuff. Get some actual LCFC stuff up.

On 24/04/2020 at 20:51, Stadt said:

It says a lot about a ground when the best thing is it’s location. I’m glad it’s close to where Filbo was too.

Except (depending on your direction of travel I suppose) you have to walk past where Filbert Street used to be and have your heart drop like a stone that it isn't there every time you go past. 

Edited by Toddybad

3 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Except (depending on your direction of travel I suppose) you have to walk past where Filbert Street used to be and have your heart drop like a stone that it isn't there every time you go past. 

I’m not old enough to remember it, it’s frustrating that it’s a car park and wasteland though. There’s a mediocre housing development going up but at least it’s better than nothing 

You would barely know football happened 300 yards from the current ground for over a century, bar the mural on the side of the house on Burnmoor St there is nothing to commemorate it and that's not even a refence to Filbert St.

We were in a fortunate position to move grounds literally just down the road and missed the chance to create a link from past to present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I’m not old enough to remember it, it’s frustrating that it’s a car park and wasteland though. There’s a mediocre housing development going up but at least it’s better than nothing 

It's a shame they didn't keep something there from the stadium. I don't know what it could have been tbf but something kept in an arty way to remain behind as a reminder.