Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Red Squirrel

Jamie Vardy - best player outside of top 6... EVER

18 hours ago, FIF said:

Big 6 is a media construct.

better arguments could be had for having a big 7 (with someone like Everton) or a big 8. Total media hogwash that some people WANT to believe.

Back that up with some actual facts instead of continually trying to bait an argument and someone might actually listen to you for a change. Because I can read the last three season’s PL tables just fine by myself without the media reading it for me, you should perhaps try it. And not only look at who’s in the top six, but gap back down to 7th in all three cases.

Everton have failed to finish inside  the top seven four out of the last five seasons and were about to make it five out of six.  

To put that into perspective the the big six, between all six clubs, have finished outside the top six six times in the last ten years. The facts are unarguable. Although as it’s you and you’ve betrayed your own political beliefs and mocked minority groups purely in the name of disagreeing with me such is the level that I currently occupy your head it is hardly a surprise you are trying. 

The big six are not something I want and certainly don’t like and it’s a been a fantastic season in terms of signs that it could be broken up but 10 years of hard evidence does not lie, all I’ve seen in this thread to back up the fact it’s a media construct is cynical bluster and the miss conception you need to win things in order to considered one of the six most consistently competitive clubs in the country which is obviously not the case.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

I’m genuinely grateful that I’ve seen him play. When he retires, he’ll be spoken about for years. I would struggle to find a player who is anything like Vardy.

For that reason, it worries me that when he does hang his boots up, it’ll be a massive ask to replace him. He’s been pivotal to Leicester’s City’s success over the past 8 years. 

16 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

just watched the lcfc vids of all his prem goals, remarkable that literally every goal he scored under puel was celebrated by him getting the ball out the net and running back to the centre circle cos we were already 2-0 down 

Pedantry corner - literally untrue.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

He is a genuine football superstar. One of the biggest names in the PL. The fact that he's here and he's chosen to stay here is beyond the realms of fantasy for those of us who watched us struggle in the lower leagues.

And yet he's never been voted our Player of the Season- it is astonishing, really.

A good point you make about him being ours- our other legends of the game in Banks, Lineker, Shilton are all better known for other clubs and England. People will always associate Jamie Vardy with Leicester first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

And yet he's never been voted our Player of the Season- it is astonishing, really.

A good point you make about him being ours- our other legends of the game in Banks, Lineker, Shilton are all better known for other clubs and England. People will always associate Jamie Vardy with Leicester first.

In the dictionary, the definition of 'synonymous' reads thus: Jamie Vardy & Leicester City.

8 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I’m genuinely grateful that I’ve seen him play. When he retires, he’ll be spoken about for years. I would struggle to find a player who is anything like Vardy.

For that reason, it worries me that when he does hang his boots up, it’ll be a massive ask to replace him. He’s been pivotal to Leicester’s City’s success over the past 8 years. 

Hopefully Slimani will have settled in by then.

• Haha 1

We are the club with the greatest story of all time. 

Vardy’s story from rags to riches is one of the greatest of all time. 

I feel so privileged to have watched us achieve so much over the last decade or so, and Jamie has been the catalyst for much of this. 

GOAT💙💙

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

We are the club with the greatest story of all time. 

Vardy’s story from rags to riches is one of the greatest of all time. 

I feel so privileged to have watched us achieve so much over the last decade or so, and Jamie has been the catalyst for much of this. 

GOAT💙💙

Totally agree Hollyfox.

Its such a shame for us and Jamie that we have missed the last few months and with him on 99 league goals!

We probably won't see him in the flesh until later this year at the earliest

He'll get No 100 and we'll be consigned to watching it the telly :(

The better news is I don't see him slackening off for at least another 3 years and who knows what he'll achieve - someone should make a film !!

• Like 1

Love the guy and watching the part 1 and 2 of all his premier league goals has been great. Two things I’ve noticed and love are 

1/ the number of fantastic goals he gets with what is his first touch....eg lob home to Spurs, similar Bournemouth at home this year, volley against Liverpool and West Brom away that won him goal of the season...honestly can’t think of another striker who score as many one touch worldlys 

2/ As discussed in previos threads his goal celebrations and goading of opposition fans are a joy to watch with Palace away this season my favorite ....will miss that when games are behind closed doors 😡

• Like 1