Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

19 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

My thoughts exactly typical Chelsea wanting a player on the cheap mind you Rogers should call their bluff be as arrogant as them and say ok £50m plus Alonso !

16 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Yes please 

😁

No way. On 100k a week, is slow and they want rid of him because he can't defend!

13 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

55m probably gets it done it's sounding like.

I'll be very disappointed if we sold him for that, I can't see it happening, we're pretty savvy at selling players now.

Reckon it'll end up being between £60-70m. Probably dependent on who Chelsea sell to be honest. They've got a lot of money from Hazard and Morata sales they're using up but still need to sell players to fund purchases like this.

I can't see Chilwell being here for the start of the season.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'll be very disappointed if we sold him for that, I can't see it happening, we're pretty savvy at selling players now.

Do you not think future agreements on a range of issues may play a part in current negotiations?

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Horse trading.

Funny how people think its so emotional. Anything but. If 50 is on offer then 60 it will be. You have one week left before the opportunity is closed Chelsea. Then the price goes up because of the hardship of finding another LB. If Chilwell wants to fight us give him a trainer and let him train by himself. See you in January.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

We barely have a back up to chillwell at the moment. I cant see BR letting him go this year, next year maybe. 

It might not be up to BR. Its not his asset to sell. BR is an employee of the club.

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

if he goes we are screwed at LB

The window has been open less than a week 😂

I hope, if we do sell him that we do it quickly and give us the maximum amount of time to recruit a new one and see if Thomas is able deputy or whether we also need someone like Malang Sarr on a free to cover both LB and LCB.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

In terms of with Chelsea? As in loaning their players in future etc.?

Would imagine all sorts of agreements on both sides may well feature in discussions.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would imagine all sorts of agreements on both sides may well feature in discussions.

You might be right, but it's not like we're a team at the bottom of the league who needs feeder players from them or something. Only way I'd take 50m is if it includes someone like Zouma with it, then we can spend the 50m on a LB and Eduoard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Whats changed? Yesterday we were holding out for a record fee, chelsea aren't gonna pay that.

Kind of funny that last week people were crowdfunding his taxi, this week they are starting a petition on change.org to prevent him from leaving.

50m + add ons ain’t too bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

We signed his replacement a year before?? 

And we signed his replacements replacement at the same time. Planning masterclass.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

We signed his replacement a year before?? 

Yet we still finished the season with Ryan Bennett. 

I don't think it's any secret that we would have preferred to get another CB in that summer but since we had £80m sitting in the bank, teams tried to rinse us. 

3 hours ago, dayday said:

News now Leicester saying Chilwell could be off to Chelsea for £50 million 

That will get them plenty of clicks from west London 

there was an article in the athletic today on the anniversary of maguire’s transfer about how we quoted 80m in may and almost three months later, yanited paid 80m 

we won’t be a push over and if we were to sell for lower than 70/80m, then it probably reveals the reality of our current financial position ....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I heavily doubt our recruitment team have been sat there twiddling their thumbs wondering what to do and then suddenly realise they need to get working to find a LB. We'd have been scouting for best part of 12-18 months. Not a chance we don't have some targets lined up.

We had how many years to plan for Mahrez’s exit and we still haven’t replaced him lol 

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That will get them plenty of clicks from west London 

there was an article in the athletic today on the anniversary of maguire’s transfer about how we quoted 80m in may and almost three months later, yanited paid 80m 

we won’t be a push over and if we were to sell for lower than 70/80m, then it probably reveals the reality of our current financial position ....

Also he has four years left on his contract and will still be worth a huge amount of money this time next year. We have no need to sell unless it's totally in our interests to do so. 

• Like 1