Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

To be fair, Drinky has the relaxed demeanour of a man who has earned £15m+ for around 1500 mins of work over the last 3 years.

more known for drink driving, get his head kicked in,

less we forget his embarrassing Villa debut causing the first 3 goals against Man City after flopping at Burnley 

The test results show You are a wasteman - Jeremy Kyle | Meme ...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Chillwell used to be good going forward... but now he puts it on the deck and assesses the situation..... awful.   Both Thomas and justin are positive going forward.  Thomas puts in very good crosses... justin is positive going forward. Both are great... i fear chilly has turnout of steam. We should cash out.

I’m not so sure I personally think Chilwell will thrive at a team like Chelsea as he puts the ball into decent areas quite regularly but the problem is 9/10 we have 1 person in the box lol 

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Even more ridiculous when you consider the only player we have sold in recent years that we haven’t replaced is Mahrez. The guy, alongside Vardy, despite his desire to leave, was our best player each season. 

He gets tagged with a stupid stigma of being lazy. A lazy person doesn’t have his stats from Ligue 2, the championship, the prem and in his second season at Man City. He is also the leader of many mediocre and poor players at national level and dragged them to an international win.

Sorry, I just love Riyad as a player

I’ve always thought this, Mahrez was the most talented player i’ve ever seen for Leicester. Any fan who wasn’t resigned to losing him to a more successful side was deluded. 

How we kept him for two full seasons after the title win i’ll never know, he was unplayable that year!

• Like 1

On 29/07/2020 at 19:55, urban.spaceman said:

We should just close the thread and pin the Maguire one from last summer to the top to be honest. The papers, bloggers and magazine sites are going to be posting all sorts of drivel all summer - that the deal is done for £50m; the deal has been done for £60m; Leicester might take £70m plus add ons for winning the Carabao Cup; Chelsea are now pursuing other players in that position; LEICESTER are now pursuing other players in that position; "he's only worth about £40m" says retired Chelsea legend; Leicester want a world record fee but will have to be more realistic and accept a lower offer; Chelsea hope Chilwell will help lower the asking price by handing in a transfer request - (this one has already happened today) - none of them know anything, it's all clickbait bollocks and I won't believe a thing until Percy says it.

We should all know the deal by now.

Leicester don't want to sell.

Leicester don't need the money.

So either give us a world record fee or stop wasting our time.

I hope this does turn out like the Maguire sale. It does seem eerily similar so far.

I am a little bit concerned that we do have a bit more need to sell this time, though. I think we will have to expand the squad a bit to cope with the extra fixtures crammed into a shorter season, and I think selling Chilwell is almost certainly key to raising the necessary funds.

So, we have to act like we don't need to sell to get the right fee, but we need to not push our luck so much that we miss out on clinching the deal.

Would be great if we have Chelsea's kecks down and get another record amount. I thought we might get around £60m tops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OadbyBlue said:

Especially when there’s 22 of them playing a contact sport in the middle of a field...

No I mean when they are together surrounded by unknowns on holiday. Totally different risk level as I’m sure you will know 

19 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m not so sure I personally think Chilwell will thrive at a team like Chelsea as he puts the ball into decent areas quite regularly but the problem is 9/10 we have 1 person in the box lol 

He really doesn’t 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Since the club had their pants pulled down by Chelsea nicking Kante (which was their own fault) it’s great to see that they’ve learnt from that mistake and won’t be taking for a fool again. I would expect a big fee for Chilwell as we don’t necessarily need to sell but we know it will happen.

To be fair, I think it's a bit of a misnomer that Chelsea had our pants down. Wasn't it the case that N'Golo didn't actually want to join us and so we had to agree to that clause to get him in in the first place? Happy to hold my hands up if wrong. Better to have had him for one season of ultimate glory and lost him for a pittance than not have him at all I suppose.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

To be fair, I think it's a bit of a misnomer that Chelsea had our pants down. Wasn't it the case that N'Golo didn't actually want to join us and so we had to agree to that clause to get him in in the first place? Happy to hold my hands up if wrong. Better to have had him for one season of ultimate glory and lost him for a pittance than not have him at all I suppose.

I think you're right. I don't think signing Kante without the min. release clause was an option. We wouldn't have a PL trophy without him, and he didn't owe us anything. Just glad to have seen such a great player play in our colours for a year. And what a year.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The  narrative I buy into  was that he wanted to join Marseille, rather than an unknown team in the English Midlands in a language he couldn't speak. 

Money talked. Particularly to his brothers, who I believe we're his 'advisors' 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I hope this does turn out like the Maguire sale. It does seem eerily similar so far.

I am a little bit concerned that we do have a bit more need to sell this time, though. I think we will have to expand the squad a bit to cope with the extra fixtures crammed into a shorter season, and I think selling Chilwell is almost certainly key to raising the necessary funds.

So, we have to act like we don't need to sell to get the right fee, but we need to not push our luck so much that we miss out on clinching the deal.

Would be great if we have Chelsea's kecks down and get another record amount. I thought we might get around £60m tops.

If we'd made the CL we absolutely would not have had to sell. I still feel we can keep him and I think it would make an even bigger statement to do so as if we sold him for a world record fee. 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

£90m. And we’ll want a lot of it if not all of it up front. Couple of add-ons. I can’t see them paying it for him this summer especially with what they’ve already spent. 

He’s staying then and we’ll need to find a different way of finding our transfer window!

Surely Chelsea won’t pay that!

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’s staying then and we’ll need to find a different way of finding our transfer window!

Why will we? People go on like we’ve not got a pot to piss in. There’s funds for transfers with or without player sales. 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Chelsea still need to be punished for being able to get Kante from us so cheap. It wasn't their fault as we had a release clause which they paid well over anyway, plus we ripped them off with Drinkwater. So £90m for Chilwell will have to do. 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Chillwell used to be good going forward... but now he puts it on the deck and assesses the situation..... awful.   Both Thomas and justin are positive going forward.  Thomas puts in very good crosses... justin is positive going forward. Both are great... i fear chilly has turnout of steam. We should cash out.

This is an interesting point you raise. JJ and Thomas are currently confident and play without fear. Would more time under Brendan actually make them worse players and stop their natural good game?

Most of the team got worse as the season went on.

• Like 1