Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Getting £60 million does suit us a lot, we will be able to improve the squad a lot with that money.

It would only potentially improve the squad 'if' it was spent on the correct replacement players.   I am hoping the public activity we are witnessing for us is polar opposite to what the recruitment Team are actually up to.   

41 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

With Fuchs injured until late October and with less than a year on his deal, and Thomas potentially going out on loan, it's plausible we might be signing Tsimikas without Chilwell leaving this year.

Fuchs shouldn't even be part of the conversation is we're serious about even being a mid table club

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Fuchs shouldn't even be part of the conversation is we're serious about even being a mid table club

Fuchs is absolutely ideal for the league cup (if it happens) and early rounds of the FA cup. He is more than capable of playing in the prem to. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Both Chelsea and Manchester United have turned the attention to Alex Telles, as he’s available for £40,000,000 .......

No chance Porto get £40m for him with one year left on his contract and Telles isn't signing another. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Fuchs is absolutely ideal for the league cup (if it happens) and early rounds of the FA cup. He is more than capable of playing in the prem to. 

If we intend to rely on Christian and Wes for any Premier League games, then forget any aspirations of top 5.    They have had their day now and Wes will be 37 next January!  They may both be good to have around for another year to help with a younger squad or take over the Under 23's.  However, with money being tight, I assume the Club (like everyone else) needs to cut it's cloth and therein lies the big problem with handing out sentimental contracts in these difficult times.  Surely deals like this must not be to the detriment of preventing betterment elsewhere?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If we intend to rely on Christian and Wes for any Premier League games, then forget any aspirations of top 5.    They have had their day now and Wes will be 37 next January!  They may both be good to have around for another year to help with a younger squad or take over the Under 23's.  However, with money being tight, I assume the Club (like everyone else) needs to cut it's cloth and therein lies the big problem with handing out sentimental contracts in these difficult times.  Surely deals like this must not be to the detriment of preventing betterment elsewhere?

At no point did I Mention Morgan. I said Fuchs will be fine for the cups to and could step up if required. 

If we sell Chilwell I'm sure we will have a plan in place and if we end up making a profit from selling and signing a replacement then I'm sure the club will be happy. 

22 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

At no point did I Mention Morgan. I said Fuchs will be fine for the cups to and could step up if required. 

If we sell Chilwell I'm sure we will have a plan in place and if we end up making a profit from selling and signing a replacement then I'm sure the club will be happy. 

Certain poster is obsessed with Wes, for a couple years now half his posts somehow manage to bring Morgan into the topic.

I thought Wes did very well in the run in, not only for his leadership and commanding qualities but he surprised me with how fresh he looked. Admittedly he is past the 'getting on' stage now, we have to phase him out but I don't see the point in slagging him off whenever possible.

Fuchs though, he's a great character but against Bournemouth he lost all his energy in the second half. We can't even rely on him to fill in so we do need more appropriate back-up.

Tsimikas has looked very good in the Europa League this season and is infinitely better than Chilwell at crossing. He's quick too, but what we probably will miss if we lose Chilwell is the way he carries the ball up pitch so effortlessly. We all get frustrated with Chilwell's lack of end product but I do think because of how good he is getting the ball up pitch we create more openings in the final phase of play, but this happens when we are able to be more direct and don't allow teams to sit back and camp in their own half against us. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Fair point and apologies. But - my opinion for both as posted remains i.e. this is my take on this scenario.

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Certain poster is obsessed with Wes, for a couple years now half his posts somehow manage to bring Morgan into the topic.

I thought Wes did very well in the run in, not only for his leadership and commanding qualities but he surprised me with how fresh he looked. Admittedly he is past the 'getting on' stage now, we have to phase him out but I don't see the point in slagging him off whenever possible.

Fuchs though, he's a great character but against Bournemouth he lost all his energy in the second half. We can't even rely on him to fill in so we do need more appropriate back-up.

Not slagging off Pal.  Just stating an opinion. Playing slow and immobile defenders in the EPL against the majority of EPL teams, bar say Burnley and the Blades is not going to earn you many points - if you disagree then fine.  Leicester need to move on from the best season ever, it is in the past.  Re-build or fail.

Just now, mozartfox said:

Not slagging off Pal.  Just stating an opinion. Playing slow and immobile defenders in the EPL against the majority of EPL teams, bar say Burnley and the Blades is not going to earn you many points - if you disagree then fine.  Leicester need to move on from the best season ever, it is in the past.  Re-build or fail.

Yeah fair enough, I just roll my eyes half the time you mention Wes because it's whenever he's on the bench and even way before that a couple of years ago. I don't think he deserves it, even on here, he's our greatest ever Captain.

Just saying he did alright in the run in too, he looked better than Jonny boy anyway.

• Like 1