Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea still need to be punished for being able to get Kante from us so cheap. It wasn't their fault as we had a release clause which they paid well over anyway, plus we ripped them off with Drinkwater. So £90m for Chilwell will have to do. 

I disagree re Drinkwater. They value they got for that £30m was awful but it was their fault he wasn't a success there, it wasn't that he was a bad footballer who wasn't worth it.

Similar to Slimani here really. Clearly there is a player there who was worth £20m odd at least, it just didn't work here. That was our fault - it just wasn't the transfer we needed at the time.

• Like 2

On 28/07/2020 at 22:45, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's no way they'll pay the fee IMO, especially if they're buying a new keeper. 4 years left on his contract, I think he'll stay another year then go next summer.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

£90m. And we’ll want a lot of it if not all of it up front. Couple of add-ons. I can’t see them paying it for him this summer especially with what they’ve already spent. 

I said last week I didn't think they'd pay it this summer, and that was 60-65m, if we want 90 then there's no chance surely?!

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is an interesting point you raise. JJ and Thomas are currently confident and play without fear. Would more time under Brendan actually make them worse players and stop their natural good game?

Most of the team got worse as the season went on.

It's a problem of hectoring players so they question themselves.   A good coach revises the automatic responses/inclinations of the players.  In a game situation they cant be thinking everything thru.  I am sure Rodgers would know this.  Imo chillwell got worse since his England call up.... this could be caused by him being more wary of mistakes... or something southgate did!

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It's a problem of hectoring players so they question themselves.   A good coach revises the automatic responses/inclinations of the players.  In a game situation they cant be thinking everything thru.  I am sure Rodgers would know this.  Imo chillwell got worse since his England call up.... this could be caused by him being more wary of mistakes... or something southgate did!

With the exception of goalkeepers all Leicester players get worse after England call ups  , or like Lineker they have to leave. Jamie retired quickly which enabled him to recover. It is some form of curse.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Why will we? People go on like we’ve not got a pot to piss in. There’s funds for transfers with or without player sales. 

Not saying that at all.

Was simply thinking if we need 4/5 players it may be in the region of 100 million... I did wonder if a proportion may come from a sale.

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

We're so much better at selling players than we used to be.

The players are on good long term contracts for themselves, but it seems with no get out clauses. Thus meet our Valuation or no sale policy. Since we won the league, players contracts are regularly reviewed and where deemed necessary improved.

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Would anyone take a straight swap Chilwell for Kante?

Well...Ndidi is the better option I'd say at DM right now in terms of value, but wasn't Chelsea using Kante in more of an attacking role? Could he play alongside Wilf?  

12 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Will say it again, chilwell is over rated, I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope we have their pants down for silly money.

If we are honest what is his strengths

Defending, not really  

Crossing, not really

Pace, yes

Getting into good attacking positions, yes but 9 time out of 10 makes a poor pass or decision.

I will be disappointed if he doesn’t go for £60 mil +, as there is better, more accomplished players out there for less 👍

If that last bit is true, why are teams going for Chilwell and not them? Think we will miss him when he is gone far more than we think. 

11 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Nah JJ on the left was quality him and barnes will do well together he played there for luton and he will do well keep faith like we did for soyuncu it paid off last time

He’s played 1 game at left back, against an awful Villa side

51 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If that last bit is true, why are teams going for Chilwell and not them? Think we will miss him when he is gone far more than we think. 

I thought the same about Harry .......... and until January, I thought I was wrong .......now I realised I was right ! 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I thought the same about Harry .......... and until January, I thought I was wrong .......now I realised I was right ! 

So you were right about being wrong?

Perhaps you were wrong in the first place and then just put it right?

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No you were definitely wrong we really don't miss Harry Maguire and you're the first person I've seen say that

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

So you were right about being wrong?

Perhaps you were wrong in the first place and then just put it right?

I was right in the first place but still wrong ....

now I’m right in both places !

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Forget Swapping for Kante (not what we need) how bout Zouma and say 50m.... I’d say that was more realistic plus he fits the mould

Zouma part of a defence that’s conceded way too many goals 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I was right in the first place but still wrong ....

now I’m right in both places !

Zouma part of a defence that’s conceded way too many goals 

That defence also had two full backs with no pace and a keeper who’s wrists were crafted from marshmallows 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

That defence also had two full backs with no pace and a keeper who’s wrists were crafted from marshmallows 

I can’t have my centre back passed as easily as auba did to him on Saturday ...... he turned slower than the Amoco Cadiz (one for the teenagers )

Edited by st albans fox