Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

We will get a decent replacement. We attracted Maddison and Soyuncu as Mahrez/Maguire replacements with Puel. Silva and Iborra were captains at big European clubs to come in to replace Drinkwater under Shakespeare.

We are a significantly more attractive proposition now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

All that may be true but will those "better options" want to come to Leicester, especially now we're not in the CL? If you're thinking of Tagliafico or Telles then I'm not sure they will.

As for Drinkwater being on a "scouting mission" for Chilwell on behalf of Chelsea, I'm not sure he is going to be the best salesman after his terrible experience there!!

I’m sure with europa league football and a high profile manager, and the wages we pay, we can attract better in my opinion, but I’m far from scared of losing him, Ricardo, wilf and a few others I am.

I agree, drinkwater ruined his career going to Chelsea, and I can see the same with chilwel, he gets groans here, but he’s not Chelsea level, the fans are more expectant, they will linch him.

Not like drinkwater to be on piss on the picture 😂 

26 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Used to love Drinky but he's turned into a right dickhead. **** him.

Turned into a dickhead? Hes always been a ****. Arrogant when he was here considering his very average ability and and all his antics off the pitch this season shows the blokes true colours. Always makes me laugh how people give Mahrez such a rough ride when Drinkwater did exactly the same (forcing a move) yet some of our fans are sympathetic to him. 😂 

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

As predicted:

On 29/07/2020 at 19:55, urban.spaceman said:

We should just close the thread and pin the Maguire one from last summer to the top to be honest. The papers, bloggers and magazine sites are going to be posting all sorts of drivel all summer - that the deal is done for £50m; the deal has been done for £60m; Leicester might take £70m plus add ons for winning the Carabao Cup; Chelsea are now pursuing other players in that position; LEICESTER are now pursuing other players in that position; "he's only worth about £40m" says retired Chelsea legend; Leicester want a world record fee but will have to be more realistic and accept a lower offer; Chelsea hope Chilwell will help lower the asking price by handing in a transfer request - (this one has already happened today) - none of them know anything, it's all clickbait bollocks and I won't believe a thing until Percy says it.

We should all know the deal by now.

Leicester don't want to sell.

Leicester don't need the money.

So either give us a world record fee or stop wasting our time.

Noted that they have put N’Golo up for sale so how about a swap + we receive £50m in Cash.

Kante come back and help us secure Top 4 with cash for a replacement!!

take it or leave it Chelsea or maybe throw Alonso in as well and give us £60m + N’Golo 

👅 in cheek!!

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

All this testing has given these footballers a false sense of security. Seeing loads of pics of them not adhering to social distancing recently 

Especially when there’s 22 of them playing a contact sport in the middle of a field...

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He is one of the Immortals. He can do what he likes. 

He is one of the Most compete twats this club has had. Regardless of the title winning season. Guy appears to be one obnoxious twat legend in his own head 

Since the club had their pants pulled down by Chelsea nicking Kante (which was their own fault) it’s great to see that they’ve learnt from that mistake and won’t be taking for a fool again. I would expect a big fee for Chilwell as we don’t necessarily need to sell but we know it will happen.

26 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Turned into a dickhead? Hes always been a ****. Arrogant when he was here considering his very average ability and and all his antics off the pitch this season shows the blokes true colours. Always makes me laugh how people give Mahrez such a rough ride when Drinkwater did exactly the same (forcing a move) yet some of our fans are sympathetic to him. 😂 

mahrez was forced to stay, DD wasn't. mahrez doesn't drink drive and get into stupid fights outside of football either lol 

15 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

mahrez was forced to stay, DD wasn't. mahrez doesn't drink drive and get into stupid fights outside of football either lol 

Well he is hardly likely to get into fights when is wife likes partying with heavy weight Boxers...

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

However, Mahrez did constantly park illegally outside his apartment and teated the many many parking tickets he received with contempt, leaving them unpaid until he was eventually summoned to court.

Admittedly not the biggest crime but it does show his arrogance.

21 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

Mahrez kept a Filipino house keeper as pretty much a slave, he’s no saint 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Nah JJ on the left was quality him and barnes will do well together he played there for luton and he will do well keep faith like we did for soyuncu it paid off last time

Not for me unlike Cags he’s had 10 games in a row to cement a place or at least prove he’s capable of replacing Chilwell... he’s not done that for me, decent defensively but woeful going forward! Of course that’s something he can work on as he’s still young and I’m by no means writing him off but it says it all that I’d sooner Luke Thomas was given a chance to replace Chilwell as I thought he showed a lot more promise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Not for me unlike Cags he’s had 10 games in a row to cement a place or at least prove he’s capable of replacing Chilwell... he’s not done that for me, decent defensively but woeful going forward! Of course that’s something he can work on as he’s still young and I’m by no means writing him off but it says it all that I’d sooner Luke Thomas was given a chance to replace Chilwell as I thought he showed a lot more promise

Thats the good thing about our club we have the options.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Chillwell used to be good going forward... but now he puts it on the deck and assesses the situation..... awful.   Both Thomas and justin are positive going forward.  Thomas puts in very good crosses... justin is positive going forward. Both are great... i fear chilly has turnout of steam. We should cash out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

..interesting!!!

I am not aware of any misdemeanors or disruptive actions in his tenure at the club.

Would like to have him back in our current team as the style is exactly the environment for him to excel.

His main problem was, he was not a leader on the pitch, an opportunity he should have grown into but lacked the maturity to utilise the chance offered to him.

He has obviously lost his way and his subsequent antics are more a cry for help, such as a child would act out for attention from his parent.

It appears there very well could be deep underlying problems that he is unable to address, but continuing in the manner that he has can only lead to a negative outcome.