Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I hope we've learned from the Maguire fiasco and get his replacement in BEFORE we sell him. 

Swings and roundabouts though.

If we sign a 25m LB who's expecting to start most games, then Chelsea will play hard ball knowing we have to sell. Unless we tell the new LB he may be a squad player for the first season or something.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I can see us getting £60m rising to £65m with addons. 

with the pandemic I don’t think as much money will be thrown about and Chelsea have spent a fair amount already.

My heart bleeds for them. 

If they've done their nuts already then they'll have to find more or offer players + cash which suits us. 

The deal must suit Leicester City more than any other party. 

If not, f off and get one of your fantastic young academy players that you keep going on about. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Swings and roundabouts though.

If we sign a 25m LB who's expecting to start most games, then Chelsea will play hard ball knowing we have to sell. Unless we tell the new LB he may be a squad player for the first season or something.

I see your point but tbh, I very much doubt we promise anyone a first team spot as they walk through the door. 

At this level, you would expect players to know they will have to work for their place in the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Everyone talking about replacements?

We have Fuchs who is better anyway and 3 weeks ago our 19yo youth prospect Luke Thomas was the best LB in the world!?

The best outcome is to keep our best left back (who is also England’s left back) for at least another year .....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The best outcome is to keep our best left back (who is also England’s left back) for at least another year .....

What we waiting another year for? Never gonnna get more than 60m for a left back may as well sell when he’s at a premium before he turns in the next Danny Rose

Thankfully none of you are responsible for our transfer dealings !  Chelsea have the money and they will be expected to pay. Just like yanited this time last year ...... lampard wants chilwell and I can’t see the owner wanting to disappoint him after the good season he has had ......

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I heavily doubt our recruitment team have been sat there twiddling their thumbs wondering what to do and then suddenly realise they need to get working to find a LB. We'd have been scouting for best part of 12-18 months. Not a chance we don't have some targets lined up.

Ordinarily I'd agree but when we sold Maguire the 3 CB's we immediately turned to were all obvious targets such as Tarkowski, Dunk and Ake. It was as if we hadn't done any proper due diligence and thankfully didn't bother.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ordinarily I'd agree but when we sold Maguire the 3 CB's we immediately turned to were all obvious targets such as Tarkowski, Dunk and Ake. It was as if we hadn't done any proper due diligence and thankfully didn't bother.

We were apparently scouting Ben White early on in the year and this Fofana guy looks exciting too, not to mention Demiral who everyone on here is crazy about for some reason. I am confident about our centreback possibilities. The right wing, which we haven't replaced properly in years, is what I'm tired about. I hope whoever we get in can finally replace Mahrez. Or just forget about wingers entirely.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

My heart bleeds for them. 

If they've done their nuts already then they'll have to find more or offer players + cash which suits us. 

The deal must suit Leicester City more than any other party. 

If not, f off and get one of your fantastic young academy players that you keep going on about. 

Getting £60 million does suit us a lot, we will be able to improve the squad a lot with that money.