Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

"Disrespect", ROFL.

Fuchs is a great guy, but he's useless against any serious opposition.  He's slow at the opening whistle and gets worse as he tires.  Just not a real option for anything but cup matches against non-league sides at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Fuchs shouldn't even be part of the conversation is we're serious about even being a mid table club

Could you even name me the third choice left back for many top half clubs (without having a google)? 

Fuchs really is not that much of a bad “last resort” compared to most.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

if we get someone nearly as good as ricardo for the left.. we are going to be doing well.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Someone like that Chilwell lad ...   what a cracking back 4 that would be ...  top 6 every season ...   :)

my point wasn't to slag off Chilwell it was at the prospect of selling and replacing him ..... But on that note if you think Chilwell is anywhere near the level and consistency of Ricardo and has as much influence on our game as ricardo i cannot agree with that 1 bit.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

So why don't we bring back Gary Lineker and Gordon Banks? It's not disrespectful, players decline as they get older it's a fact of life.

Yes, a corpse in goal. 

The disrespect. ×2

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

my point wasn't to slag off Chilwell it was at the prospect of selling and replacing him ..... But on that note if you think Chilwell is anywhere near the level and consistency of Ricardo and has as much influence on our game as ricardo i cannot agree with that 1 bit.

Just don’t want to lose him ...  it would just be nice to put an end to this ‘hand over one of our best players a season’ malarkey,  which seems to be the norm ...   and tell the big boys to do one.    And there are other areas that need strengthening instead of having to find a replacement for him ...   and I’m sure we can do that without the money we get for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just don’t want to lose him ...  it would just be nice to put an end to this ‘hand over one of our best players a season’ malarkey,  which seems to be the norm ...   and tell the big boys to do one.    And there are other areas that need strengthening instead of having to find a replacement for him ...   and I’m sure we can do that without the money we get for him.

Cannot see that happening any time soon tbh. We don`t have the financial power of an established or (excessively bankrolled) club.

The upside is that any victories we take are so much sweeter  :)

53 minutes ago, sdb said:

Yes, a corpse in goal. 

The disrespect. ×2

He does make a valid point though.  We have to look forward if we are going to move on.  Take Kompany at ManC.  Won a lot more than Wes (all be it surrounded by greater resources) but the Club, Pep and he himself knew it was time to move out of the EPL.  This is my take on Wes and Fuchs and nothing to do with lack of respect.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think Fuchs looked decent when he played last season, maybe just me. 

He's not capable of being the attacking FB demanded anymore... age has caught up with him.

..in 2016 though he was mustard!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Based on nothing other than a hunch, I wouldn't be surprised to see Man City come in for him and hijack the deal if Chelsea managed to agree a fee they felt was realistic

Definitely could see Man City showing an interest....would you take cash plus zinchenko exchange if they did? Probably past his best but could do a job for us.

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Definitely could see Man City showing an interest....would you take cash plus zinchenko exchange if they did? Probably past his best but could do a job for us.

Zinchenko is about the same age , honestly don't see Ben going anywhere , we want too much for him. However he has some competition for his place now with Justin and Thomas . I want to see him in more consistent form next season 

Edited by An Sionnach

2 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

He’s 23 😂 Thought  he was older But meant I have read some Man C fans think he has declined and they want to replace. I think he could do well for us.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Zinchenko is about the same age , honestly don't see Ben going anywhere , we want too much for him. However he has some competition for his place now with Justin and Thomas . I want to see him in more consistent form next season 

Happy if he stays ...tho wouldn’t be surprised if he moved. agree the other lads will give some competition. Main thing other areas of team more of a priority to improve.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Based on nothing other than a hunch, I wouldn't be surprised to see Man City come in for him and hijack the deal if Chelsea managed to agree a fee they felt was realistic

I thought this, watching them last night. Mendy is so unreliable for them and they've wanted Chilwell in the past. I think he'd fit in well there as Pep doesn't need his full backs to score or assist much, they just need to be able to get up and down the pitch well, which is what Chilwell excels at.

• Like 4

Can’t see Man City paying what we want to be honest. Yes they’re big spenders, bigger than anyone, but they seem to try to push a narrative that they’re not the sort of club to spend Maguire/Pogba, Allison/VVD kind of money. Instead they tend to spend at a lower lever but on multiple players and growing that year on year. For example, since 15/16: Sterling, KDB, Stones, Sane, Walker, Mendy, Laporte all signed for £45m-£55m each. Since 2018 they’ve signed Mahrez, Rodri and Cancelo for £60m-£65m each. Same reason they’ve gone for Ake at £40m - they can afford to just pay it for a quick deal but we’d be trying to negotiate it down for weeks. 

So I can’t see them going for Chilwell if we’re truly after £90m. Nor Cags, Wilf, Ricardo or Maddison, who I personally believe won’t go for anything less than £100m each. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

As I have said before I would be surprised if he goes , too expensive , we need academy players in the squad and some doubts about his defensive capabilities . He remains a very good footballer though and Rodgers has got to find the best way of using him. If we go 3-5-2 he will become our principal wide left attacker with Ricci doing the same on the right. I personally prefer that, but our back three have got to be totally comfortable with that and develop a proper understanding. If we play back four , we really need two holding midfielders (as Liverpool do) to cover any disposession upfield. He needs to be given the freedom to attack though , as does Ricci. Luke Thomas shows a lot of promise but he needs a season as bench player along with Justin before I would make him a starter.

Edited by An Sionnach