Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we managed to get the like of Lewis, McNeil, Watkins AND Trincao (on loan) all for roughly what we get for Chilwell..... That HAS to be considered outstanding business!

I like your list but not a chance in a million years that we get all those players for the amount we get for selling Chilwell.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I like your list but not a chance in a million years that we get all those players for the amount we get for selling Chilwell.

20 for Lewis
32 for McNeil
18 for Watkins (release clause)

0 for Trincao (loan)

Total 70

It's been said that Chilwell will go for 60+

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Pretty much what I was going to say has been said by this fella.... 

2 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

20 for Lewis
32 for McNeil

0 for Trincao (loan)

Total 70

5 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

20 for Lewis
32 for McNeil

0 for Trincao (loan)

Total 70

No chance of Burnley selling McNeil to us for as little as ÂŁ32m.

Edit: If Watkins £18m release clause is correct we should be all over that IMO.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Wouldn't you rather have a replacement and one or two other new players, instead? I know I would.

It depends who the replacement is? Not lewis or Alonso that's for sure! Another couple of players is not necessarily dependent on his sale either, that's speculation. Personally I'd rather he stay another season and give Thomas more time and JJ can then cover until Ricky is back. I would love to see both our full backs play a season in Europe for us!

11 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

20 for Lewis
32 for McNeil

0 for Trincao (loan)

Total 70

Watkins doesn't have a release clause (confirmed by John Percy) 

And Barca wouldn't loan someone out for free. 

Thst total is probably  closer to 130m

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Apart from trincao im not convinced of any of those players.

Fair enough. I'm curious though..... What convinces you about Trincao that doesn't with the rest of them?

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Fair enough. I'm curious though..... What convinces you about Trincao that doesn't with the rest of them?

Lewis looked good in the championship apparently hasnt been great this year, seems like a fairly substantial downgrade on chilwell, Mcneil has never played in an attacking posession based system so will need time to adjust, and he's slow, dont want anymore slow wingers after ghezzal, watkins looks good but hasnt been tested above championship level, not sure he's an upgrade on iheanacho. Trincao is exactly what we need on the rw, not a fan of the loan personally but if we do sell chilwell for 80m hopefully we can just buy him.

• Like 3

Can’t JJ play both sides?

Ricky P one side and JJ the other feels like a reasonable plan?

Fuchs/ Thomas as back up whilst Ricky recovers?

Dont see why we have to splash out on Lewis when we’ve got a very strong option in JJ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hales said:

It depends who the replacement is? Not lewis or Alonso that's for sure! Another couple of players is not necessarily dependent on his sale either, that's speculation. Personally I'd rather he stay another season and give Thomas more time and JJ can then cover until Ricky is back. I would love to see both our full backs play a season in Europe for us!

You know we haven't got unlimited funds, right? Whether another couple of players is dependent on his sale is neither here nor there, really. If we sell him for ÂŁ60m+ or whatever, we can replace him and use the change to improve another position. It's a net win. Lewis would be about ÂŁ20m. He might not be quite at Chilwell's level, but we'd have ÂŁ40m+ to get one or two more additions. The squad could be much stronger overall.

If you knew Chilwell wanted to go to Chelsea, would you still want to keep him here against his wishes?

• Like 1