Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Telles for me.

Porto are desperate to sell him as he refuses to sign a contract and has one year left on his deal. I also remember Porto fans rating him much higher than Ricardo when they sold him to us. Just had a quick google of him and he doesn't appear to have a move lined up.

With Justin and Thomas potential heirs to the LB position I'd prefer us to get in a top established player if possible rather than potential. 

I think Telles might prefer to hold on another year and leave on a Bosman than come to us but that doesn't come without risks. He's 28 in December and hasn't earned top money in his career and a bad injury might ruin his pension. A 75k a week five year deal here will give him a lot of security and be hard to turn down.

https://www.90min.com/posts/porto-drop-alex-telles-asking-price-to-encourage-premier-league-bids

I would love him here 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Telles for me.

Porto are desperate to sell him as he refuses to sign a contract and has one year left on his deal. I also remember Porto fans rating him much higher than Ricardo when they sold him to us. Just had a quick google of him and he doesn't appear to have a move lined up.

With Justin and Thomas potential heirs to the LB position I'd prefer us to get in a top established player if possible rather than potential. 

I think Telles might prefer to hold on another year and leave on a Bosman than come to us but that doesn't come without risks. He's 28 in December and hasn't earned top money in his career and a bad injury might ruin his pension. A 75k a week five year deal here will give him a lot of security and be hard to turn down.

https://www.90min.com/posts/porto-drop-alex-telles-asking-price-to-encourage-premier-league-bids

Not our type of signing.

Sky high wages, no resale value.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It’s always worth remembering that comments on social media are generally outliers. 

Even for massive subjects that go viral, the number of people that just view the headline tweet and reserve passing judgement far out weigh those that feel the need to comment in whatever form.

That said, there is a traverse issue here in that whilst visible comments may not actually reflect public opinion at that given time, given the ease of visibility of them and the general feeling they give off of reflecting public opinion - they can shape what is considered to be public opinion moving forward, especially as they tend to be viewed within an individuals own echo chamber.

Ergo social media comments do not represent public opinion BUT can influence it moving forward.

Thus concludes my short thought piece on the real value and impact of social media comments. Counter points and further discussion welcome.

Oh and on Chilwell - my sense is these reports feel about right. The timing and muted fee makes sense - I’d be surprised if it’s not confirmed by the middle of the week if not earlier.

Written far better than I could, and perfectly put. Couldn’t agree more 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Except the new narrative is that we are getting around 50m which isn’t 80m .......

Times says a world record for a left back, so that’s at least £68m. 

Not Chilwell’s biggest fan, think he has a couple of technical flaws. After October, he had his best performances for England this season. 

It’s our model isn’t it? To keep the club sustainable and that still requires a hefty bank loan for cash flow. 

We must be advanced with replacement talks. Ironically the best I saw Lewis play was for Norn Iron against Germany and Holland. Meaning we signing one of Evans defensive partners - so we will have the inside track on the lads personality. 

I am looking forward to Ricky P chopping into and attack Chilwell’s very weak right hand side. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Times says a world record for a left back, so that’s at least £68m

Not Chilwell’s biggest fan, think he has a couple of technical flaws. After October, he had his best performances for England this season. 

It’s our model isn’t it? To keep the club sustainable and that still requires a hefty bank loan for cash flow. 

We must be advanced with replacement talks. Ironically the best I saw Lewis play was for Norn Iron against Germany and Holland. Meaning we signing one of Evans defensive partners - so we will have the inside track on the lads personality. 

I am looking forward to Ricky P chopping into and attack Chilwell’s very weak right hand side. 

it might be with all the add ons but Chelsea aren’t going to win the rugby World Cup .......

maguire was 80m up front plus some add ons ......... that was a good deal !

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

A bit off topic but how good was this lad last night?! Unreal performance.

He was quality going forwards and ripped Barca to pieces. I'll be interested to see how he copes defensively against Man City in the semis (providing they get through). If he can defend as well as he attacks he's some talent. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A bit off topic but how good was this lad last night?! Unreal performance.

I still don't know what to make of last nights game. Were Bayern just that good or were Barca just bloody awful? They could barely get out of their own half 

Bayern's high line was insane 

Edited by foxfanazer

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I both hate and love twitter, because of how ridiculous people are on it. One day they're harassing and sending rape threats to JK Rowling for stating biological sex is real, the next they're trawling through the history books for something to be offended about. For example, today they're trying to "cancel" Genghis Khan. He's been dead for 800 years.

To be honest I don’t use Twitter. Only really FB owing to being self employed, but starting to finally expand into Twitter, Instagram at the others.

It’s more for me, the vile and personal abuse towards anyone whether celebrity’s or the person next door, that I find hard. As others have said it can be driven by ones own bitterness, and entitled view that we can behave online however we like. Without any due care to how it may impact the person involved.

I see many “influencers” as the same. These people can have a positive role to play in society but Some wish to spread (at times) fake news, Causing Hatred and division.

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

The key word for me is “entitled”

I said in another thread, that too many people in all walks of live, feel like we/I/they owe them something.

a bit like the classic.... “X owns 100k per year, they should be playing better” 

...I really wish people would take the word entitled out of their post!!!

It always comes across as pompous and condescending!!!

Posters may be over zealous, aspirational or prone to overreact but this constant bleating of so called "entitlement" just has no place on this forum.

I really do not look at the price of players and how much they earn, it comes down to the fact that they continue to repeat the same errors and decision making week in an week out and fail to address it.

Players have been known to go away from their club and utilise a personal coach to work on aspects of their game. It might be good if more players seek to work on the weaker areas of their game in order to attain the standards they aspire to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not our type of signing.

Sky high wages, no resale value.

He's 27yo, we signed Perez for £30m last year who was only 18 months younger at the time of signing.

He'll reportedly cost £23m which isn't a huge outlay for a top player at the peak of his powers. 

A google of his wages suggests he earns £25k a week at Porto. He's been linked with clubs like PSG, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs but if none of those materialise this summer then I'm sure he would seriously consider coming here to triple his wages. Granted we aren't going to be his first choice but he would seriously consider us if his options were another year at Porto or here.

• Like 1

These last 15 pages sum up everything wrong with modern day transfers windows.

Everyone getting their knickers in a twist because of one lad that’s got a few things right and they take it as gospel.

Following that you get a barrage of abuse from the football twitter nonces that have never actually been to Stamford Bridge all whilst absolutely **** all has happened and Ben Chilwell is just sat at home, having done nothing wrong.

Papers want clicks on their website so they blindly try to back up what a Leicester fan has written on Twitter.

You should know better by now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I really wish people would take the word entitled out of their post!!!

It always comes across as pompous and condescending!!!

Posters may be over zealous, aspirational or prone to overreact but this constant bleating of so called "entitlement" just has no place on this forum.

I really do not look at the price of players and how much they earn, it comes down to the fact that they continue to repeat the same errors and decision making week in an week out and fail to address it.

Players have been known to go away from their club and utilise a personal coach to work on aspects of their game. It might be good if more players seek to work on the weaker areas of their game in order to attain the standards they aspire to.

Agree with the majority. And in no way am I trying to seem pompous or condescending.

you as an individual may not be the “E” word, but many many are. I used possibly not the best example To make me point. 

Maybe “expectations” is the better word, or someone with a better vocabulary can input.

I just see lots of examples in humans not just on football forums, but people in general, expecting things to just happen for them or that they are owed success in some way. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's 27yo, we signed Perez for £30m last year who was only 18 months younger at the time of signing.

He'll reportedly cost £23m which isn't a huge outlay for a top player at the peak of his powers. 

A google of his wages suggests he earns £25k a week at Porto. He's been linked with clubs like PSG, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs but if none of those materialise this summer then I'm sure he would seriously consider coming here to triple his wages. Granted we aren't going to be his first choice but he would seriously consider us if his options were another year at Porto or here.

Be really suprised if we did. Lewis make much more sense to me and has been tweeted by someone who's got a fair idea of Norwich goings on.