Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Well, Lewis knocks a sizeable % off our team strength. He's no even close to Chilly.

It isn't easy, but it is possible to replace quality. Wilf replaced Kante. If we filled that hole literally anything is possible. Indirectly Maddison filled a skills void left by Mahrez. And Rodgers fluked it with Soyuncu (who he no way rated that highly , proved by scrambling around after Ake and Tarkowski once Maguire was gone)

We've known for a whole season that Chilly was likely to go. Surely Someone should've been identified rather than just a flick through the Rothman's directory (one for the oldies)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Can’t JJ play both sides?

Ricky P one side and JJ the other feels like a reasonable plan?

Fuchs/ Thomas as back up whilst Ricky recovers?

Dont see why we have to splash out on Lewis when we’ve got a very strong option in JJ?

This 

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You know we haven't got unlimited funds, right? Whether another couple of players is dependent on his sale is neither here nor there, really. If we sell him for £60m+ or whatever, we can replace him and use the change to improve another position. It's a net win. Lewis would be about £20m. He might not be quite at Chilwell's level, but we'd have £40m+ to get one or two more additions. The squad could be much stronger overall.

If you knew Chilwell wanted to go to Chelsea, would you still want to keep him here against his wishes?

Slightly patronising! Of course I know we do not have unlimited funds - but none of us actually know what the budget is either hence why I said its all speculation.  As for keeping him here that's entirely different if he wants to go but again none of us know if this is the case either. It's all speculation and guess work at the moment! 

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

Slightly patronising! Of course I know we do not have unlimited funds - but none of us actually know what the budget is either hence why I said its all speculation.  As for keeping him here that's entirely different if he wants to go but again none of us know if this is the case either. It's all speculation and guess work at the moment! 

I apologise. It just seemed like you thought money was no object. In fairness, we don't need to know what the budget is. My point is, whatever the budget is, it will be a lot bigger if we sell Chilwell.

Edited by Raw Dykes

23 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Can’t JJ play both sides?

Ricky P one side and JJ the other feels like a reasonable plan?

Fuchs/ Thomas as back up whilst Ricky recovers?

Dont see why we have to splash out on Lewis when we’ve got a very strong option in JJ?

I’m a huge JJ fan but I don’t think he did enough post-restart to win a place for the full season. 

Especially with Ricardo likely out for the first few weeks. 

That being said, do totally agree that Lewis isn’t much of an upgrade on JJ. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Lewis looked good in the championship apparently hasnt been great this year, seems like a fairly substantial downgrade on chilwell, Mcneil has never played in an attacking posession based system so will need time to adjust, and he's slow, dont want anymore slow wingers after ghezzal, watkins looks good but hasnt been tested above championship level, not sure he's an upgrade on iheanacho. Trincao is exactly what we need on the rw, not a fan of the loan personally but if we do sell chilwell for 80m hopefully we can just buy him.

Did you watch us in our last 9 games?  We created about 5 chances.  

1 minute ago, SmuelMartin said:

I’m a huge JJ fan but I don’t think he did enough post-restart to win a place for the full season. 

He seemed to be learning with every match for me. I think his main struggle was with going forwards, but defensively seemed to be becoming more assured 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Did you watch us in our last 9 games?  We created about 5 chances.  

Wasn’t our Achilles - creating chances. We had bucketloads in the last five games. Outside of Vardy, we struggled to find someone who’d hit the net. 

We all sort of know that the club sells one expensive player a year to reinvest in the team, I'm just bored of the weeks/months of speculation before he eventually goes!  Although I'm not too convinced of some of Rodgers signings for other clubs, unless it is Joe 'world class' Allen.

7 hours ago, Ricey said:

I’m not going to link to it, because they’re the worst, but the Express have an article online stating that the Chilwell has cleared out his locker and will have a medical soon. The source they quote... LCFCHQ and the FPL guy.

Journalism is officially dead.

Don't worry, their 'impeding snow storm doom' stories will start soon and football will be long forgotten... 

Edited by Collymore

42 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

He stood out as one of the few positive points of the restart for me…. Looked very good indeed….

He has potential to play in back three too for sure…. There were some great recovery tackles….

Not as dynamic as Ricky P going forward, but, not many are!

Enough to get a nod for a starting birth?

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He stood out as one of the few positive points of the restart for me…. Looked very good indeed….

He has potential to play in back three too for sure…. There were some great recovery tackles….

Haha, is that due to the lack of other even remotely positive points! 

I do like him! Would just be worried if our fullbacks were RP, JJ, LT and CF on the first day of next season. 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

Not anti chilwell at all but if we sell a so called "big name" i would lose less sleep over him than 3 or 4 others.

On 11/08/2020 at 09:11, majaco said:

Sadly, you have a point.  Why would a class player like Chilwell want to play in front of some people who attend Leicester matches.  People in the crowd make mistakes for him by barracking him and getting into his head.

If he goes, we will see hi  do really well for another team and be appreciated by their supporters.

I suggest you watch the sunderland documentary on netflix if you think players been booed is some kind of weird phenomenon limited to LCFC.

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I suggest you watch the sunderland documentary on netflix if you think players been booed is some kind of weird phenomenon limited to LCFC.

I don’t see the comparison??  Chilwell was playing for a team in 3rd place of the prem league and England’s 1st choice left back. Sunderland well they were losing game after game and dropping down at a rapid pace, not sure they would have booed England’s left back that came through the academy and was 23 and if they were sat 3rd in the prem 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Perhaps we should model booing our players on how the Sunderland players boo theirs.  I think your suggestion is a strange one.

1 hour ago, SmuelMartin said:

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Just want a pose a question to you both.

Are you expecting too much?

Young player, playing his first games, in a team struggling for form and goals, deputising for an arguably world class player.

After all, the only way he learns and increases his level is through playing time.

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Nothings changed.

No contact

No talks

No bids

Im confident you will see him in a leicester shirt this season.

I'm sorry, but you're either in serious denial, or your sources are lying to you. Absolutely no way talks aren't advanced here - do you think everyone reporting it is having us on?

Much as I rate BC, I think we unfortunately have to accept that he probably wants to go to Chelsea, and we would probably quite like £60m or whatever it is. Missing out on CL has put us in this situation. 

But, we can replace him IMO. Lewis, Tagliafico, Telles, all look like viable options. Plus we'll have extra ££ left to strengthen in other areas. McNeil would be a great signing, and we really need more creativity in wide areas. 

Huge season for us coming up!