Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

It would make sense to fix up the buys before announcing that we have taken down Roman’s trusted lady’s silkies.  After all,  if you are selling a Ferrari and looking to replace with a couple of Skodas (or Reliant Robin in the case of Vestergaard) it would not be wise to let the Skoda sellers know how much folding you are holding.  Given King Power are a clever Company, there might be a couple of low key buys before Chelski announce Chilly is theirs?

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Be really suprised if we did. Lewis make much more sense to me and has been tweeted by someone who's got a fair idea of Norwich goings on. 

I'm not saying what I think will happen but what I would like to happen.

No one wants to see us signing young talented players with huge potential more than me but we shouldn't rule out a whole subset of players just because they're over the age of 26.

I like the Telles signing because he's good enough for an elite club and wouldn't cost a fortune. It's also a position that is nailed down for a good few years like Vardy or Evans because elite clubs may be put off buying them for their age but they are elite players. If we're going to compete for trophies or a CL spot we need a signing like this every now again rather than bringing in potential. Bottom line if you get the chance to fill a position you need filiing with a player like Telles's profile then take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

What if we get to November and it becomes apparent that Thomas isn't up to the required level yet? That's a massive risk to take with our season. 

2 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Worked with Soyuncu. I'd rather just splooge the money on a quality right winger than buy a Chilly replacement. 

It's a risk definitely, but one I'd be tempted to take. 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

He might get injured. If Chilwell goes we're going to have to get cover at least. 

I’ll stick my neck out and say we maybe just need to loan a top class LB for a season and spend the money elsewhere. I agree Thomas isn’t rdy just yet to take on the full responsibility But one season of playing a few more games and learning From a top class LB and I think he would be fine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Lets be honest, we got extremely lucky with Soyuncu.

The only worrying thing about Soyuncu was that he looked seriously out of sorts after lock down, let's just hope it was a blip.

Worryingly Evans will miss the first matches which means that Soyuncu will be the main man, this worries me as I think Evans is so important for Soyuncu's game. With the potential that Chilwell has also gone we could be a shambles in defence purely with people not being used to each others game. 

Not even sure if we will be playing wingbacks or a back 4 at the start next season.

I can't remember there being so much uncertainty around the playing side for quite some time.

Edited by Collymore

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This guy works for TalkSport... @UpTheLeagueFox any idea if it’s legit?

Jake is a Leicester fan and has done a lot of media work in Norwich, think he used to live there too.

51 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Slimani, Silva, Gezzal, Musa, Mendy, Inler

We've had loads of players with no resale value. 

Didn't we get our money back, or most of it, on Musa?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d take £60m and Marcos Alonso. Get the replacement sorted in one transaction 

I’ve said this from the outset but I think £40m is more likely. Bring in a player who is a lot better going forward and proven in Europe while Thomas goes on loan for a season until he is ready to take over as our first choice LB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Telles goals and assists are obscene for a left back, if we want to increase our end product a player like him would be very useful.

Telles has been my dream ever since the chilwell rumours started!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Well thats who its going to be probably

Would be slightly disappointed if this is the case. I’m not saying Lewis isn’t a good player, however you could get the likes of Tagliafico, Telles, Reguilon, Grimaldo, Zinchenko or Angelino. You could get any of these for £30m or less.

I get what your saying regarding resale value but Thomas is going to be ready in 2/3 years. So if we can get an upgrade for 2/3 years then I say do it. Can’t sign every player for a resale value, sometimes you need to improve now.

Imo Lewis is not an upgrade or even as good of a replacement. If you are right on how highly the club rate Thomas, then I would rather us give him a chance.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Telles goals and assists are obscene for a left back, if we want to increase our end product a player like him would be very useful.

Telles would be my No.1 target. For the sake of the debate on the chat at the moment, this would be my ranking for a Chilly replacement.

1) Telles

2) Reguilon 

3) Tagliafico

4) Grimaldo

5) Angelino 

6) Zinchenko

7) Lewis

8) Alonso

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Telles would be my No.1 target. For the sake of the debate on the chat at the moment, this would be my ranking for a Chilly replacement.

1) Telles

2) Reguilon 

3) Tagliafico

4) Grimaldo

5) Angelino 

6) Zinchenko

7) Lewis

8) Alonso

Owen Wijndal at AZ

• Like 3

Just now, Fosse93 said:

Quiet like the Angelino shout actually, not sure about him in a flat back 4 but as a LWB he'd be perfect. 

Always been impressed with him, just seems short on confidence. Every time he gets playing to a good standard, the first choice left back came back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

This guy works for TalkSport... @UpTheLeagueFox any idea if it’s legit?

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Jake is a Leicester fan and has done a lot of media work in Norwich, think he used to live there too.

But can you answer the question from @urban.spaceman please Geoff? Is Lewis to Leicester legit?