Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Doubt it - I think a name would have been touted by now if we were interested in a player coming the other way, because let’s face it the speculation has been going on for over a year on this one.

Equally - who in the Chelsea first team would be likely be wanting and able to recruit? I don’t see any obvious candidates? 

And finally - there’s really no point in us looking to add a fringe player outside of Chelsea’s main squad to the deal even if we wanted them - you’d think if this scenario there would be no immediacy for us to conclude a deal and Chelsea would only look to inflate the price to reduce the cash outlay of the transfer. It would be much more sensible in this case to look at the transfer situation separately.

Not sure but we’re never linked with anybody we sign the majority of the time.  Would take Ethan Ampadu as part of the deal 

29 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I would be shocked if we don't hold out for the full 80, it's not how we do business. 

Post covid we need to be a little more realistic .....if we had made CL then we could have called their bluff a bit. We sort of need to sell Ben to do the business we want to do (and the player wants to go)

13 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

When did the word of ‘LCFC HQ’ become gospel lol I cannot believe the times have sunk to writing an article based on a tweet from a virgin on twitter

There are some ‘connected’ Chelsea sources saying that it’s now happening. I doubt that anyone knows any details so numbers are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks ......

Just now, peach0000 said:

I've changed it. But it is worth remembering he was driving drunk at 70 in a 30 zone and a young woman lost her life. If that had happened in any European country other than Spain he would have been sent to prison for a long time. I feel sorry for the young woman family watching him having such a successful life when she will never get that chance herself because of his actions. 

Absolutely. He's frankly lucky to be alive himself, too.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Post covid we need to be a little more realistic .....if we had made CL then we could have called their bluff a bit. We sort of need to sell Ben to do the business we want to do (and the player wants to go)

I'm not sure that's strictly true. We have presumably lost some income from not having fans at games etc but we still have tv money (more than ever before) plus Europa League money coming in the future. I'm not sure we would have to sell to invest.  

12 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not sure but we’re never linked with anybody we sign the majority of the time.  Would take Ethan Ampadu as part of the deal 

Not sure that’s strictly true, the links may not come from the club but there have been a fair number of transfers where it’s become clear we’d been tracking the player for 12 months +

It’s also worth remembering that a transfer leak essentially has two potential sources.

I can make an educated guess that Chelsea are most likely to be the party amplifying the press reports on this one for obvious reasons - so had we been really interested in a Chelsea player as part of the deal, that would have been leaked too.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

59 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What if we get to November and it becomes apparent that Thomas isn't up to the required level yet? That's a massive risk to take with our season. 

There's no way we wouldn't bring another left back in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turkish14 said:

This aspect of life really insults me. The notion that anyone can talk disgustingly about another human I find deplorable.

same on here at times, the level of abuse goes way to far.

yes discuss, criticise, praise et cetera, but personal stuff? Gets me so mad 

I both hate and love twitter, because of how ridiculous people are on it. One day they're harassing and sending rape threats to JK Rowling for stating biological sex is real, the next they're trawling through the history books for something to be offended about. For example, today they're trying to "cancel" Genghis Khan. He's been dead for 800 years.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Jamal Lewis his replacement?

Highly rated but is he really much more of a prospect than Luke Thomas? I'd not be against it but the hype qasn't matched by much last season, going forward very mediocre bar that goal vs us 😂

Jamal Lewis is good enough to play Premier League football and I think it’s a positive bringing in a younger player to help bring Luke Thomas on rather than getting someone like Telles who may stagnate his development. If we get north of £60 million for Chilwell and replace him with Jamal Lewis I’d say that’s a job well done. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

As much as I think Chilwell has the potential to become world class full back - the money being touted (if invested wisely, i.e on two wingers) allows us to become a more complete side. We can cope with Fuchs, Thomas and Justin for next season and look to reinvest at LB in a years time (depending on Thomas’ development).

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Highly rated but is he really much more of a prospect than Luke Thomas? I'd not be against it but the hype qasn't matched by much last season, going forward very mediocre bar that goal vs us 😂

No but luke needs to play a full season first - he'll go on loan to the championship id imagine. Have heard decent stuff about Lewis, very much fits our model too.

• Like 1