Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Playing safe didn’t get us Ricky P, who imo is a top 3 right back in the premier league.

Not playing safe got us quite a list too. :D

• Ghezzal
  • Musa
  • Slim i
  • Silva
  • etc

But yes,  Ricky is crazy good (how the hell is he still here???? Soooo glad he is mind) so some you lose, some you win :dunno:

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Jake is a Leicester fan and has done a lot of media work in Norwich, think he used to live there too.

Didn't we get our money back, or most of it, on Musa?

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

But can you answer the question from @urban.spaceman please Geoff? Is Lewis to Leicester legit?

YES GEOFF ANSWER THE QUESTION!

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not playing safe got us quite a list too. :D

• Ghezzal
  • Musa
  • Slim i
  • Silva
  • etc

But yes,  Ricky is crazy good (how the hell is he still here???? Soooo glad he is mind) so some you lose, some you win :dunno:

I think the difference is the list of flops seemed like panic buys. Ricky was lined up in advance. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Telles would be my No.1 target. For the sake of the debate on the chat at the moment, this would be my ranking for a Chilly replacement.

1) Telles

2) Reguilon 

3) Tagliafico

4) Grimaldo

5) Angelino 

6) Zinchenko

7) Lewis

8) Alonso

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Owen Wijndal at AZ

Completely forgot about Gaya off the list too. So many options who seem to be available this summer. I would argue a lot of them would potentially upgrade our defence too. 

would be massively underwhelmed if we do get Lewis. Like I say I’m not saying he’s a bad player or isn’t talented. Just feel we could do so much better.

I think this is all a little bit of Chelsea stirring things up and un-settling things just as pre-season starts. I'm sure he is their main target but I think they are desperately trying to get that fee down and fend off man utd!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Alex Telles would be my first choice by a long way. Just can’t see him wanting to leave Porto and Champions League, for little Leicester unfortunately 

I’m sure you would of said the same about Ricky P. We persuaded him here without European football.

The pull of playing in the premier league & earning more money is a lot more attractive than I think you realise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Alex Telles would be my first choice by a long way. Just can’t see him wanting to leave Porto and Champions League, for little Leicester unfortunately 

Silva did though, didn't he? Apologies if I'm incorrect. I know he came from Sporting Lisbon, but I thought they were in the Champions League.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Due to Premier league money we are a much more attractive proposition to players in the potugese league see Silva and Ricardo. Don't get me wrong befica and sporting are bigger clubs with richer histories but money talks (just don't tell Chris Sutton) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m sure you would of said the same about Ricky P. We persuaded him here without European football.

The pull of playing in the premier league & earning more money is a lot more attractive than I think you realise.

True. I wasn’t aware of Ricardo before we signed him. Telles has been on my radar for ages, for some reason.

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Silva did though, didn't he? Apologies if I'm incorrect.

Fair comment. In this post Covid world, I also wonder how this will affect the psychology of players and the thought of playing in front of limited crowds at home and in Europe, and how that might affect their choices

The fact is that none of us know who is available and at what price, let alone whether they're interested in Leicester or even to England. Also, it seems increasingly as though it's less about the player and more about who the agent wants to do business with. 

Just now, Steve Earle said:

If Luke Thomas is going to be as good as the club appears to think he will be, then he’ll be our starting LB in ‘22 if not ‘21.

It makes some sense to me to be looking at older, more experienced LBs  to cover the position until then, possibly even on loan, aided by Fuchs for a while and JJ? Lewis potentially blocks Luke’s path to the first team - unless of course the plan is to sell Lewis in ‘22?!?

^ This was my thought process when mentioning Alonso earlier. Two year contract. His stats are as good if not better than Chilwells anyhow. I just think things have gone a bit stagnant for him at Chelsea

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d take £60m and Marcos Alonso. Get the replacement sorted in one transaction 

the player want Chilwell to replace who it notably a woeful defender? Great ****ing idea!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Be good if someone could put up one of those stat comparison graphics of Chilwell, Alonso, Lewis and Telles, to aid the debate 🤔

Obviously stats can be a bit misleading like... my Wife’s uncle is a Norwich fan and really rates the lad though

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I've no idea why he'd want to leave Porto and his £25k a week wages.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We should get someone in before we sell

And if we don't sell?

Well then we've blown our budget and have two LB's who aren't happy at the club. Or do Chelsea just sit tight waiting for us to break?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We should get someone in before we sell

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And if we don't sell?

Well then we've blown our budget and have two LB's who aren't happy at the club. Or do Chelsea just sit tight waiting for us to break?

Exactly. And Chelsea would undoubtedly slash their offer knowing we need to sell.

30 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That’s true I may be wrong but for footballing standards I’m pretty sure in Portugal the wage bill is so much lower than premier league standard

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

^ This was my thought process when mentioning Alonso earlier. Two year contract. His stats are as good if not better than Chilwells anyhow. I just think things have gone a bit stagnant for him at Chelsea

I don’t rate Alonso not because of the last few years when he’s not been great just I’ve always not thought he’s that good