Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And if we don't sell?

Well then we've blown our budget and have two LB's who aren't happy at the club. Or do Chelsea just sit tight waiting for us to break?

And on the other hand, if we sell Chilwell first then the cost of a replacement increases cos the selling club knows we've got the cash.  I think we lose out a bit whichever way we go about it.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nothings changed.

No contact

No talks

No bids

Im confident you will see him in a leicester shirt this season.

So. You are saying, just to be clear, to avoid all chance of doubt or confusion, Ben Chilwell is staying at Leicester City for the 20/21 season?

14 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nothings changed.

No contact

No talks

No bids

I’m sorry but there’s just no smoke without firelol not a chance there’s no “talks, contacts or bids”. 

• Like 1

I agree need replacement lined up before Chilwell goes. I think the lad from Norwich is decent Liverpool were supposed to have offered about £10 million for him that was rejected but should not be too expensive.Important that if we have £40 plus million left over we do invest in a winger striker etc so that overall the team is stronger.

We will miss Chiwell's work rate he is a very good player but I think this is probably the right time to sell.

Telles has put up great numbers for Porto for years yet nobody has gone near him, despite a lot of clubs needing a left back.

Must be something we're missing. Does he stat pad with set pieces and penalties?

1 hour ago, Fosse93 said:

Quiet like the Angelino shout actually, not sure about him in a flat back 4 but as a LWB he'd be perfect. 

1 hour ago, SmuelMartin said:

As a LWB, Angelino would be magic for us. 

There was a superb piece from Michael Cox in The Athletic about Leipzig's shape in the Atletico game.

It mainly focused on Sabitzer and Laimer's positions as Leipzig transitioned from 4-2-3-1 while defending to 3-1-5-1 while attacking. But in terms of Angelino, he went from LB defending to LWB attacking. Fascinating stuff and well recommended if you can get it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Nothings changed.

No contact

No talks

No bids

So why did he clear his locker out on Friday was he making room for new gear on Monday 🤪

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be slightly disappointed if this is the case. I’m not saying Lewis isn’t a good player, however you could get the likes of Tagliafico, Telles, Reguilon, Grimaldo, Zinchenko or Angelino. You could get any of these for £30m or less.

I get what your saying regarding resale value but Thomas is going to be ready in 2/3 years. So if we can get an upgrade for 2/3 years then I say do it. Can’t sign every player for a resale value, sometimes you need to improve now.

Imo Lewis is not an upgrade or even as good of a replacement. If you are right on how highly the club rate Thomas, then I would rather us give him a chance.

May be you should write to the Recruitment Team and Congers and inform them they do not know what they are doing?

(Mind you if they sign either of Vestergaard or Twakowski- I will be writing to them😳)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we managed to get the like of Lewis, McNeil, Watkins AND Trincao (on loan) all for roughly what we get for Chilwell..... That HAS to be considered outstanding business!

I’d agree. Bags of potential and the only thing our squad would be lacking is one or two experienced heads, however there’s very few of them who are of high quality around these days! 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would be slightly disappointed if this is the case. I’m not saying Lewis isn’t a good player, however you could get the likes of Tagliafico, Telles, Reguilon, Grimaldo, Zinchenko or Angelino. You could get any of these for £30m or less.

I get what your saying regarding resale value but Thomas is going to be ready in 2/3 years. So if we can get an upgrade for 2/3 years then I say do it. Can’t sign every player for a resale value, sometimes you need to improve now.

Imo Lewis is not an upgrade or even as good of a replacement. If you are right on how highly the club rate Thomas, then I would rather us give him a chance.

None of those players you mentioned would come to us though.

Of course there's loads of great players around that we could afford, we're one of the richest clubs in the world, convincing then to come is another thing.

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

None of those players you mentioned would come to us though.

Of course there's loads of great players around that we could afford, we're one of the richest clubs in the world, convincing then to come is another thing.

Telles wants a move to a big league and has 1 year on his contract. Only two clubs seemingly interested in him were chelsea and psg and theyve both moved on. Think it's actually quite realistic we can get him.