Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think @Aus Fox is referring to the Coriolis effect, but as someone who believes brown sauce belongs on bacon

....slight pause whilst I retch....

I cannot  be too sure.

:D

edit: Anyway back to Fofana, I have it on good authority he prefers both brown sauce on sausages and red on bacon :thumbup:

Deal off!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Puel is a big deal in French football in general. He probably has the kind of status and role at st Étienne that Wenger had at Arsenal tbf. Basically he runs tings

Mandem runs tings 

Edited by LCFCABC

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A bid has gone in and been rejected....

No wait a bid has gone in and not been rejected....

No actually Claude puel is waging a one man war upon leicester City and they have absolutely no interest in selling....

I dont believe any of it other than there probably have been talks.

This. 

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Puel is a big deal in French football in general. He probably has the kind of status and role at st Étienne that Wenger had at Arsenal tbf. Basically he runs tings

Article in May by GFFN about his role there

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/feature-claude-puel-has-been-given-the-power-he-wants-at-st-etienne-now-there-is-nowhere-to-hide/

“Unusually for a manager, upon signing Puel, he was added to Les Verts’ executive board alongside co-presidents Bernard Caïazzo and Roland Romeyer.”

He has much more influence at Saint Etienne than he or any other manager including Brendan has had for us, which is why he is able to personally dictate the decisions about this or any other deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest when I put Hamza there I wasn't thinking of directly replacing Ndidi from the bench, I was thinking of having the ability to tactically close out a game by replacing Tielemans or Maddison with him. Mendy is obviously better as the lone DM, but I think Hamza would offer us more options from the bench if that makes any sense. Either way, it's personal preference.

Oh no, please don't think I was attacking your squad suggestion, I just fail to see the reasoning for anyone putting him in the team at the moment as he just doesn't look cut out for where we're meant to be heading.

Youve explained the reason why, I feel that if, God forbid Ndidi ever gets injured in a game the player to replace him effortlessly would be Mendy not Hamza. I know we've not played the most technical or even best midfield this year but Mendy has proved some doubters wrong, who knows he may be very poor against better opposition and we may be better off with Hamza. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just paper talk when it comes to Chilwell and Brendan's desire to keep him. Brendan is savvy enough it is unwise to both suggest he could be sold or even remain silent, as it potentially decreases the cost of any sale. (The case of Gray is not at all the same case as he is worth not much and we probably want rid)

In the case of Fofana, Puel probably does have some say as he was brought in to oversee a project for ASSE, it will of course get to a point where the board say tough luck Claude

(A point the fans seem to mostly have reached and are at peace with 32m)

Yes, I see your point, but you could argue that Rodgers was brought in under the same guidelines, that is to oversee a project, so does he have some say in transfer negotiations ?

Edited by MGLCFC

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes, I see your point, but you could argue that Rodgers was brought in under the same guidelines, that is to oversee a project, so does he have some say in transfer negotiations ?

See my post above, Puel was brought in as a general manager and added to the executive board at Saint-Etienne, he has much more influence on decisions at the club than Rodgers has with us

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

But as @moore_94 just made clear in his recent post, Puel's role at ASSE seems to be way beyond what Rodgers' is here. But hey, who knows, not I that for sure!! lol

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/feature-claude-puel-has-been-given-the-power-he-wants-at-st-etienne-now-there-is-nowhere-to-hide/

“Unusually for a manager, upon signing Puel, he was added to Les Verts’ executive board alongside co-presidents Bernard Caïazzo and Roland Romeyer.”

He has much more influence at Saint Etienne than he or any other manager including Brendan has had for us, which is why he is able to personally dictate the decisions about this or any other deal

Interesting. 

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Dictate is a strong word, at the end of that day the guy who writes the cheques to pay the bills, has the final say. 

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - fofana has put in a transfer request. It may not have been official but his article in l’equipe amounted to as much. All he will miss out on is a loyalty bonus which will be negligible compared to the deal on offer from us........an official request would not make ASSE agree to sell to us any more straightforward.....plenty of chatter about ac Milan’s interest in him too but I can’t see how they would pay €32m.  maybe our increased offer now is to ensure that other clubs aren’t tempted in to ‘muddy the waters’ any further .....

I believe many players contracts include loyalty payments that are paid unless the player puts in a (formal) transfer request. If Fofana is serious he should make it official.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Puel ignored Mahrez and let him disappear for 2 weeks 

Puel had no more influence on transfers at Leicester than any of the managers before or after him. We never sell our assets in January, we wanted £85m for him in that window knowing it was never going to be matched and then sold for £65m in the summer.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Benko is never fit. That realistically leaves us with Evans and Soyuncu! We need to buy a centre back. Just get on with it Leicester ffs

Are you Benko's GP?   He played a fair number of games for the mighty Celtic until buggered by a shite plastic pitch.  He is too easily written off by some.

Is Fofana Actually worth £50m as the report says they’re holding out for after we’ve tabled an improved £29m it’s a hell of a lot to spend on a 19yr old unproven  with just a handful of good games, are we being far too hasty on the upping of his price or do we walk away and go for Tah or is this Sportlens report just far from the truth Journalistic BS ?

Edited by justfoxes

10 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

I wonder who these Clubs are that can afford to pay 50m Euros next summer, other than Chelski, ManC and may be PSG?   With Corona looking like the death knell to Football Finances at the virus spreads again, I really do wonder if 32M in the hand is worth a gamble on a vaccine making things return to normal any time soon?  Even Manure need, it appears, need to sell now before than can buy.

But Puel knows best...........

He is really playing poker here and for ASSE the stakes are very high.