Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, Grey Fox said:

How good is he in your opinion?  How much do you think you would accept this window?

Honestly, Fofana is a fantastic player as a defender. This kind of players with a high sense of positionning, very strong on duals and no slow at all. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

How good is he in your opinion?  How much do you think you would accept this window?

Last year, the Board would have accepted before even reading the contract.

It's a different story today... Saliba's story is in everyone's mind. The club has said it would not repeat the same mistake. But everyone has a price, we can only hope it's fairly higher than what Leicester City can offer :)

Edited by teddybear

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Right, Fofana can bollocks.

Schalke have also ruled out selling Kabak haven't they? Test them with 25m sods and see how their resolve is after losing 8 zip at Bayern.

Other targets i'd look at would be Milenkovic at Fiorentina, Badiashile at Monaco, Tomori, Vanheusden at Liege, Denayer at Lyon, Diakhaby at Valencia and Leite at Porto

Denayer would be my pick all day long. Was so impressed with how much he’s came on, when I watched the champions league game against Man City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleminem said:

Actually, the most bankable players in St-Étienne are indeed Fofana, Bouanga (estimated at 15-20M€), Aouchiche will for sure get a high value soon as well as Macon (left back), Youssouf or Neyou (both mid players). 

Puel arrived a year ago with a clear project: to build a team around high talented young players and thankfully we have a lot this year. The result is already there as we lead the championship after the first 4 games with an average of 22 years old team on the pitch, and I can tell you that we play our best football since maybe 7 years. So no way to leave Wesley this year, he's definitely a key player ! 

If you as a Club have enough money to survive through this season, even if Corona causes another shut down resulting in repayment of TV revenues etc. and stadium closures, then great news for ASSE and all their fans.  Makes hanging on to Wesley perfect sense.

However, I just wonder how you will feel about Puel if say in few months time you find your Club facing bankruptcy? 

In the UK all Clubs below the Premier League (and even some in the Premier League) are going to struggle to survive financially if games are played behind closed doors for the whole season.  50m transfer fees may be confined to history for a year or so, if the virus continues to disrupt football.  There are not many 50M+ transfers taking place this window except from Chelsea.

Good luck for the rest of the Season and thank you for your in put.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Says who? You assume this!

Imagine you have a cake.

You then eat a quarter slice.  You have three quarters of a cake left.

Now if you take two slices of the same size you only have half a cake left.

Next week - Stay tuned for how to tie your shoelaces.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagworthblue said:

I can guarantee you sarcasm is hard to recognise when englsh isn't your 1st language. I speak both French and German and have lived in both countries and can assure you their humour is on a par with ours - no question. 😊

i can smell bullsh**

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Summary of the L’Equipe article

The Foxes’ first offer of €25m and a second proposal worth €28.5m (including €3.5m in bonuses) were rejected by Saint-Étienne.

According to L’Equipe, the Premier League side made a ‘third offer’ on Monday, worth €32m, and it includes a 10 percent sell-on clause.

Brendan Rodgers’ side are now waiting for the Ligue 1 side to give the ‘green light’ for the transfer.

Saint-Étienne general manager of services Xavier Thuilot is working on downsizing the squad and also trying to raise funds through player sales. However, there’s only one player receiving offers, and that’s Fofana.

Leicester’s latest offer is ‘tempting’, and should the French club accept it, it will be their record sale, surpassing the €25m plus €5m bonuses Arsenal agreed to take William Saliba last summer.

The Foxes’ offers looks like a ‘jackpot’, more so if you take into account the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on the club’s finances. However, this thinking isn’t shared by everyone internally at Saint-Étienne.

Claude Puel doesn’t want to hear about the centre-back leaving until next summer, something which was agreed when the 19-year-old signed a new contract in April.

Saint-Étienne president Bernard Caïazzo and vice-president Roland Romeyer chaired a meeting with Puel and Thuilot on Monday evening.

After the meeting, the club’s management decided to go with Puel’s stance, which is to retain the player beyond the ongoing transfer window.

Therefore, they have rejected Leicester’s third offer for Fofana.

Sounds like we’ve done the ‘best’ we can. Time to move on.

Reasonably certain that the overwhelming majority of us had never heard of Wesley Fofana until a few weeks ago, and thus we should quit acting as if life would be less than without him. Meanwhile, the more money we throw at ASSE, the more money prospective alternatives will view us as being willing to spend. Bin this one!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Footballwipe said:

Too lazy to read the 146 pages of drivel. But I assume most of it has been spent hypocritically disrespecting Saint Etienne for trying to keep hold of their asset, whom they have under contract, until a valuation they feel is acceptable has been made?

Nope! You’re missing some enlightening insight from ASSE fan @Cleminem.

Albeit half of page of enlightenment. 

• Like 1