Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

why are people acting like hes rejected us or some shit? 

He didn't. Puel did. It's hard not to think that this him giving us a taste of our own medicine for sacking him.

Really can't see us stumping up the cash needed to persuade him to sell. Jonathan Tah is becoming a more realistic prospect by the day.

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

This OP seems so long ago and far away  :D  Now 150 pages … and it's practically a match thread in here ... and still two weeks of the window to run.

Well played, Wesley.  Well played, Claude.

Those were the days eh? Such a hopeful time 😅

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

If this news is being encouraged by St Etienne to suggest a bidding war, it’s not bad for us as shows there may be a deal to be done. They don’t appear to have outright said the player is not for sale yet. 

They are playing a game, trying to call our bluff. It’s all agent/ASSE led this West Ham ‘bid’

11 hours ago, DezFox said:

more from sky sports 

FOFANA KEEN ON WEST HAM MOVE

Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol tells The Transfer Show:

"What’s interesting about Fofana is he’s only 19, he’s only been a regular at Saint-Etienne for a season.

"He is very highly rated though, I’m being told lots of different agents are going to Saint-Etienne and saying ‘we can get you this much for Fofana from this club’. There’s not a bidding war, but people are beating down the door of the Saint-Etienne president, trying to do a deal.

"What we’re being told today is that West Ham have done everything by the book, put in their official offer, and I said to someone involved in the potential deal, would the player want to come to West Ham? I was told yes, of course, why not. He would love to move to London, play for West Ham and play in the Premier League.

"I’m being told Saint-Etienne need to sell someone to raise money by November, they’ve been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic as many other clubs have, and their most valuable asset is Fofana.

"The only thing I would say is we know David Moyes, in the transfer market, is very cautious. He likes to watch players before he signs them and know a lot about them, so I’m not sure how much he would be behind this move. We know they’ve put in big bids for James Tarkowski, someone older with experience in the Premier League, Fofana is young and raw.

"A lot of people in recruitment say he has a great future ahead of him, but is he what West Ham need at the moment? I’m not sure."

The annoying thing about that article is that we have been chasing that player for ages and no mention of us, if the player has any sense he would go to the club that has been very open about signing him and that ain’t West effing Ham.

11 hours ago, DezFox said:

more from sky sports 

FOFANA KEEN ON WEST HAM MOVE

Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol tells The Transfer Show:

"What’s interesting about Fofana is he’s only 19, he’s only been a regular at Saint-Etienne for a season.

"He is very highly rated though, I’m being told lots of different agents are going to Saint-Etienne and saying ‘we can get you this much for Fofana from this club’. There’s not a bidding war, but people are beating down the door of the Saint-Etienne president, trying to do a deal.

"What we’re being told today is that West Ham have done everything by the book, put in their official offer, and I said to someone involved in the potential deal, would the player want to come to West Ham? I was told yes, of course, why not. He would love to move to London, play for West Ham and play in the Premier League.

"I’m being told Saint-Etienne need to sell someone to raise money by November, they’ve been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic as many other clubs have, and their most valuable asset is Fofana.

"The only thing I would say is we know David Moyes, in the transfer market, is very cautious. He likes to watch players before he signs them and know a lot about them, so I’m not sure how much he would be behind this move. We know they’ve put in big bids for James Tarkowski, someone older with experience in the Premier League, Fofana is young and raw.

"A lot of people in recruitment say he has a great future ahead of him, but is he what West Ham need at the moment? I’m not sure."

That’s hilarious. No names, just hearsay and clickbait. All topped off with a generous dose of Kaveh. lol

Yet their next article publicises who skint West Ham are!!

Thinking about this, west ham would only make an offer if they had been encouraged to do so.  This would have been done by agents ....are these agents just chancing it or have they been encouraged by ASSE.   I cannot believe that West Ham would make an offer without having some communication with ASSE.  

it may be that ASSE have decided they will indeed sell but are now extracting the maximum fee by touting the player around the prem. who is the most desperate club with enough funds .....

if West Ham have offered £ 23m up front then that must mean we offered less in that regard. No one is interested in add ons at the moment. 

11 hours ago, Bagworthblue said:

To be fair i'm generallly full of it but on this occasion all true. Studied Gernan and French at Bangor Uni 1990 - 1994. I've spent time living in Avignon, Saarbrucken and Jena 😊. Somewhat rusty these days though. 

I was talking about the French and Germans having a sense of humour.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking about this, west ham would only make an offer if they had been encouraged to do so.  This would have been done by agents ....are these agents just chancing it or have they been encouraged by ASSE.   I cannot believe that West Ham would make an offer without having some communication with ASSE.  

it may be that ASSE have decided they will indeed sell but are now extracting the maximum fee by touting the player around the prem. who is the most desperate club with enough funds .....

if West Ham have offered £ 23m up front then that must mean we offered less in that regard. No one is interested in add ons at the moment. 

The weird thing is that Liverpool nabbed Thiago for £5m up front rising to £20m total + another £5m in potential add-ons. They also got Jota for just £4m up front with the deal totalling £45m overall when all instalments are paid.

Maybe it's just PL clubs and rich Champions League clubs that can afford to accept such deals and those like ASSE are trying to extract as much up front as they can.

I think this might die down a bit until nearer the deadline, by which time ASSE might have indicated what an acceptable fee will be for him. If the price is right, we'll then match it and try to persuade the player that we're the ones who really want him and have a great track record of developing young players.

He has liked another post on twitter about coming here

"You are proud to bring 30 million euros into your club, so it is obvious to me"

Coach @rollcourbis fully understands the desire to leave Wesley Fofana to Leicester and believes that Saint-Etienne has no valid reason to retain him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The weird thing is that Liverpool nabbed Thiago for £5m up front rising to £20m total + another £5m in potential add-ons. They also got Jota for just £4m up front with the deal totalling £45m overall when all instalments are paid.

Maybe it's just PL clubs and rich Champions League clubs that can afford to accept such deals and those like ASSE are trying to extract as much up front as they can.

I think this might die down a bit until nearer the deadline, by which time ASSE might have indicated what an acceptable fee will be for him. If the price is right, we'll then match it and try to persuade the player that we're the ones who really want him and have a great track record of developing young players.

Premier league clubs can deal with cash flow better than most but still need funds. Bayern are a big club and they weren’t in a good place to bargain over Thiago 

wolves got more for jota by stretching out the deal - clubs can borrow against guaranteed income and with interest rates so low it probably pays them to do this. 

the add ons are the issue as they cannot be loaned against as they are not guaranteed income 

• Like 1