Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

The more I think about this transfer, the more I feel it won’t work out well.

If Evans and Soyuncu stay fit, he’ll get rotated in for games, which won’t necessarily give him a solid run of games to aid his settling in / development.

If one of the main 2 do get injured, he’ll have to play most of the games, possibly 2/3 a week, which is good for him, but he will be under pressure to hit the ground running, which for a 19 year old centre back, against some of the best strikers in the world, won’t come easy.

Thinking about it, how many centre backs are there that even play regular games in the premier league, that are 22 or younger?.......

If this was a “signing for the future” that we could loan out to gain first team experience, then fair enough, but that isn’t the case for us at £30M+.........

We need someone who can slot in pretty seamlessly this season as third choice (which I know will be very hard to find), and I honestly don’t think a 19 year old’s chances of doing that are even remotely realistic.

If we do eventually sign him, I personally think it is destined to end badly.

• Like 1

Said on here the other day that ASSE are trying to drive up the price, sounds like they are trying to eek out a few extra million € by using the biggest bullshitter Sky have to do it. Who else has been named as in the market for a centre back other than us? West Ham! If he goes anywhere, he comes to us. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Imagine you have a cake.

You then eat a quarter slice.  You have three quarters of a cake left.

Now if you take two slices of the same size you only have half a cake left.

Next week - Stay tuned for how to tie your shoelaces.

You greedy cùnt, gimme some cake.

• Haha 1

We have spent too long messing around with these incremental offers and now it appears we are makeweights in a bidding war. Puel has played a brilliant hand for his club to be fair.

Although there is no footballing reason to go to West Ham money and London might make a difference and of course the manager may have the final say

Don't think Brendan will be too impressed if this is another blind alley centre back has been number one priority for months

Edited by Edingleyfox

7 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

We have spent too long messing around with these incremental offers and now it appears we are makeweights in a bidding war. Puel has played a brilliant hand for his club to be fair.

Although there is no footballing reason to go to West Ham money and London might make a difference and of course the manager may have the final say

Don't think Brendan will be too impressed if this is another blind alley centre back has been number one priority for months

Why are people assuming London is a big pull factor? Prior to the pandemic maybe, but the big attractions, the clubs and the shows, are all closed now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cleminem said:

"A club of our standing"... Should I remind you that you've been only 1 time champion? St-Étienne has been 10 times, which actually is the highest performance in France si may be you should reconsider your opinion about St-Étienne. 

By the way, we're deeply sorry if it hurts you that we refuse to sell our best player after having played less than 6 months with the professional group. Wesley has spent 6 years in the young classes of St-Étienne, so we believe he can play at least a complete season before he moves away. As fans, we all think that Wesley will cost much more than 30M€ with one or two more years of experience. So be patient, stay focused on your "high standing" expectations and perhaps we can make a deal next year... for hopefully much more than 30 Millions. :wave:

C'est un blague Cleminem, l'humour anglais est vraiment sarcastique et ironique. Il y a plusieurs années, mon contrat n'a pas été renouvelé en France à cause de mon humour sarcastique/ironique, j'ai appris que les Français ne comprennent pas les subtilités de l'humour anglais.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

C'est un blague Cleminem, l'humour anglais est vraiment sarcastique et ironique. Il y a plusieurs années, mon contrat n'a pas été renouvelé en France à cause de mon humour sarcastique/ironique, j'ai appris que les Français ne comprennent pas les subtilités de l'humour anglais.

Chamois leather.

4 hours ago, Cleminem said:

"A club of our standing"... Should I remind you that you've been only 1 time champion? St-Étienne has been 10 times, which actually is the highest performance in France si may be you should reconsider your opinion about St-Étienne. 

By the way, we're deeply sorry if it hurts you that we refuse to sell our best player after having played less than 6 months with the professional group. Wesley has spent 6 years in the young classes of St-Étienne, so we believe he can play at least a complete season before he moves away. As fans, we all think that Wesley will cost much more than 30M€ with one or two more years of experience. So be patient, stay focused on your "high standing" expectations and perhaps we can make a deal next year... for hopefully much more than 30 Millions. :wave:

I was joking, Cleminem. Sorry for the confusion!  

• Haha 1