Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

24 minutes ago, Cleminem said:

"A club of our standing"... Should I remind you that you've been only 1 time champion? St-Étienne has been 10 times, which actually is the highest performance in France si may be you should reconsider your opinion about St-Étienne. 

By the way, we're deeply sorry if it hurts you that we refuse to sell our best player after having played less than 6 months with the professional group. Wesley has spent 6 years in the young classes of St-Étienne, so we believe he can play at least a complete season before he moves away. As fans, we all think that Wesley will cost much more than 30M€ with one or two more years of experience. So be patient, stay focused on your "high standing" expectations and perhaps we can make a deal next year... for hopefully much more than 30 Millions. :wave:

Think he was saying that in jest.

In all honesty, St-Etienne have every right to stick to their guns and reject bids... it's only what we've been doing when selling our players, would only be hypocritical of us to think badly of another club doing the same to us. That said, I like the sound of Wesley and would like to see him in a Leicester shirt, so I hope a deal can be done.. but I doubt it, I feel Puel has a grudge against us, and this is a way to get back at us.

What are your opinions of Claude and his play-style?

Right, Fofana can bollocks.

Schalke have also ruled out selling Kabak haven't they? Test them with 25m sods and see how their resolve is after losing 8 zip at Bayern.

Other targets i'd look at would be Milenkovic at Fiorentina, Badiashile at Monaco, Tomori, Vanheusden at Liege, Denayer at Lyon, Diakhaby at Valencia and Leite at Porto

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

They will refuse to sell him and then he will get a career ending injury . i can see it now.

a bit like aranguiz although he did come back and it wasn't the club but the player ………………… so nothing like him then ……..

i have said this too many times but the issue of work permits for Europeans post Brexit is relevant. i know many will say that the govt will make exceptions for elite athletes but nothing is certain and the player wants to get here this side of dec 31 to avoid any risks whatsoever 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

I can guarantee you sarcasm is hard to recognise when englsh isn't your 1st language. I speak both French and German and have lived in both countries and can assure you their humour is on a par with ours - no question. 😊

No one likes a show off....

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Out of interest Cleminem, how severe are the financial problems at ASSE? I think this is why our fans are getting very annoyed because we have been fed the line that a lot of French clubs (you being one of the worst hit) are needing to raise funds ASAP and that's why we got our hopes up that Fofana would be joining us imminently.

You have 2 high value assets in Fofana and Bouanga. Aouchiche will be a superstar too in another year or so, do you need to sell this window or are you all content to go with what you have? I read you cannot afford €4m for a transfer target you had on your radar.

PS Puel is a bell sniffer, I do like your club though. Always had a soft spot for them.

Actually, the most bankable players in St-Étienne are indeed Fofana, Bouanga (estimated at 15-20M€), Aouchiche will for sure get a high value soon as well as Macon (left back), Youssouf or Neyou (both mid players). 

Puel arrived a year ago with a clear project: to build a team around high talented young players and thankfully we have a lot this year. The result is already there as we lead the championship after the first 4 games with an average of 22 years old team on the pitch, and I can tell you that we play our best football since maybe 7 years. So no way to leave Wesley this year, he's definitely a key player ! 

Edited by Cleminem
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kent-Fox said:

Why are people concerned about the price? It’s not like your paying the money out your pocket. If he is good anuf pay the fee. 

the more we spend on this guy the less we’ll have for other signings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPH said:

the more we spend on this guy the less we’ll have for other signings.

If we sign him we will have signed a CB a LB and a much needed Winger... that was literally what we needed, why would we be getting other signings?

There's zero chance we get the striker we want in before Vardy goes. It'll be a straight swap once he/we decide he is only good enough for the bench... that person won't have the luxury of settling in for a year like some of our replacements, they'll have to hit the ground running.

I think it'll be Ings next summer personally after we've seen what another full season out of Vardy gets us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

I can guarantee you sarcasm is hard to recognise when englsh isn't your 1st language. I speak both French and German and have lived in both countries and can assure you their humour is on a par with ours - no question. 😊

Are you C3PO?

Edited by foxpleasure
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If we sign him we will have signed a CB a LB and a much needed Winger... that was literally what we needed, why would we be getting other signings?

There's zero chance we get the striker we want in before Vardy goes. It'll be a straight swap once he/we decide he is only good enough for the bench... that person won't have the luxury of settling in for a year like some of our replacements, they'll have to hit the ground running.

I think it'll be Ings next summer personally after we've seen what another full season out of Vardy gets us. 

It won't be Ings.

The deal is all wrong for us.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We have 4 squad members who will be going for next to nothing in transfer fees. with the added games coming this year we’d be foolish not to bring in another squad member or two.. we will have money in the wages budget but the belt seems to be a little bit tighter on transfer fees...

11 minutes ago, Cleminem said:

Actually, the most bankable players in St-Étienne are indeed Fofana, Bouanga (estimated at 15-20M€), Aouchiche will for sure get a high value soon as well as Macon (left back), Youssouf or Neyou (both mid players). 

Puel arrived a year ago with a clear project: to build a team around high talented young players and thankfully we have a lot this year. The result is already there as we lead the championship after the first 4 games and I can tell you that we play our best football since maybe 7 years. So no way to leave Wesley this year, he's definitely a key player ! 

Are you as a club under pressure to raise funds this transfer window though, or are you " banking " on getting more next summer and delaying any short term need to raise funds due to covid?

36 minutes ago, Cleminem said:

Sorry guys, but Puel has been clear since end of last season: we definitely won't sell Wesley this year, what ever the risk we take to see his value declining this year. 

If there was no indication to sell at all, then I doubt we'd have spent about 2 months trying to get him. You'll sell, but only if the price is right, which is fair enough. I could be totally wrong thoughlol

14 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Why are people concerned about the price? It’s not like your paying the money out your pocket. If he is good anuf pay the fee. 

Because some of us lived through this club going through administration. Some of us recall Mandaric being desperate to find a buyer or risking this club going through a second administration. 

It may not be my money but it won’t be the owner or current board members who suffer long term if we don’t take a sensible approach. They’ll all move onto new jobs/ventures. It will be the fans picking up the pieces. I always want this club to be sensible and not overpay because a few bad seasons and we’re back to hoping Kevin Harper and Luigi Glombard on loan are hidden gems. Shit times.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

St Etienne have probably the best active support in France, but Wesley is obviously desperate to hear the deafening noise of the clapper army ringing in his ears. 

I know you dont really believe any player gives a toss about fan support,  the sound of banknotes going into an account maybe.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

If there was no indication to sell at all, then I doubt we'd have spent about 2 months trying to get him. You'll sell, but only if the price is right, which is fair enough. I could be totally wrong thoughlol

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you as a club under pressure to raise funds this transfer window though, or are you " banking " on getting more next summer and delaying any short term need to raise funds due to covid?

No we don't necessarly need to sale today in St-Étienne. Our first target during this transfer door was to massively reduce our payroll by selling our "high" salary players, what we did quite successfully. 

Today we don't have any capacity of investment, but I would say we don't even need as we built a new team with exclusively young home players. 

But for sure, 30M€ is not an insignificant amount for our club, and I'm pretty sure we'll sell Wesley next summer the latest. 

1 minute ago, Cleminem said:

No we don't necessarly need to sale today in St-Étienne. Our first target during this transfer door was to massively reduce our payroll by selling our "high" salary players, what we did quite successfully. 

Today we don't have any capacity of investment, but I would say we don't even need as we built a new team with exclusively young home players. 

But for sure, 30M€ is not an insignificant amount for our club, and I'm pretty sure we'll sell Wesley next summer the latest. 

How good is he in your opinion?  How much do you think you would accept this window?