Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I was reading that whilst trying to fit it in to the tune of an Elton Fuching John song. People need to stop with these songs. It's messing up the way I read!

Glad it wasn't just me...look it's early I'm not properly awake yet and all I saw was song, song, song

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Why would a 27 year old be any less effective than a 22 year old?  Man City's oldest player went off and they collapsed after.  Dont underestimate experienced wise heads, and how old is Vardy again?

Age in our defence with Morgan (1 Yr left), Fuchs (1yr left), Evans (1yr left). 

All of these are over 30. Getting a 27 (28 in November) for that price is a gamble that is too far especially with zero sell on fee. 

Fofana is a gamble id take. He is clearly talented enough. However as I've mentioned above and in relation to our senior defenders and with Morgan and Fuchs certainly to depart then I think it would be useful and wise to tie down evans for another year minimum so as to coach this new player.

Whilst you mention Vardy you are correct in what you say, but at the moment and as opposed to our back line, we don't even have 1 player let alone 2 for him to develop himself. Swings and roundabouts.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Age in our defence with Morgan (1 Yr left), Fuchs (1yr left), Evans (1yr left). 

All of these are over 30. Getting a 27 (28 in November) for that price is a gamble that is too far especially with zero sell on fee. 

Fofana is a gamble id take. He is clearly talented enough. However as I've mentioned above and in relation to our senior defenders and with Morgan and Fuchs certainly to depart then I think it would be useful and wise to tie down evans for another year minimum so as to coach this new player.

Whilst you mention Vardy you are correct in what you say, but at the moment and as opposed to our back line, we don't even have 1 player let alone 2 for him to develop himself. Swings and roundabouts.

I see it like this.

If the player bombs, then the gamble is lost whether they old or young, as a player who under performs is not going to sell for big money.  As an example where are the 50 million bids for gray.

If the player is young then yeah a profit can be made, but if the player is older and does well, it doesnt mean we have lost 40 million, instead we paid for probably 4-5 years of a good player (the age likely prevent him moving on).  Age needs to be balanced, problem of last season was too many young players.  You could counter well we only get 3 years till he is 30, if we buy a 22 year old and turns out great, it also could only be 2 years as then he gets sold.  Defenders dont stop playing just because they 30 though, so for me they both equal risk, although with a the older defender, his experience makes it more likely he can fit in quickly, but on the flip side he likely will demand game time at this point of his career, I expect Fofana wont be a first choice this season, surprised we refused the loan back for a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

What is this obsession with songs?  Will people really be singing in front of TV's and Lap Tops with their partners and children peering out of the lounge window waiting for the men in white coats to turn-up? 

They'll be singing along, if they know what's good for them. 

25 minutes ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

Me and the Fofana get on fine
Through stormy weather and bottles of wine
If I pull my weight he'll treat me well
But if I'm late he'll give me hell

I like it a lot. If I was being picky I might suggest it would scan better if you dropped the word ‘the’ so that it went “Me and Fofana get on fine...”. But perhaps I’m being overly pedantic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

That surely isn't right. Why are they exempt? The virus doesn't know they are elite sportsmen. In fact, it appears quite prevalent in elite sportsmen..

I think it's because they are tested every few days. 

4 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

That surely isn't right. Why are they exempt? The virus doesn't know they are elite sportsmen. In fact, it appears quite prevalent in elite sportsmen..

Tested every week for now in England.

We will be tested twice every week in the coming weeks due to Europa League commitments.