Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Holy shit. We’ve actually done the deal. Have no clue how could this guy is but our scouts know how to pick a young player. Imagine if Benko gets over his injury problems; that’s soy, Evans, Fofana and Benko as CB choice. A central midfield choice of Praet, Youri and Madders. A DM choice of Wilf, Mendy and Hamza. Full backs choice of Riccy, Tim, Justin and Thomas developing. All of a sudden we look like a good squad not just a good team.

Preach :) 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm pretty sure it was Evans that some stats were dug out where he was the lowest in the league for things like last ditch tackles and recoveries etc... 

When analysed further it turned out it was because he was so bloody good he never found himself in the position where he needed to do those things.

From the videos of Fofana he looks the opposite, but that might be just he role he plays...

I think that is very typical of young defenders. 

They rely on strength or pace to dig them out of trouble but as they mature they start to realise that physical attributes fade so the need to be smarter and learn to read the game better resulting in them not relying on these things. 

19 is young for any player but for a CB..... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Holy shit. We’ve actually done the deal. Have no clue how could this guy is but our scouts know how to pick a young player. Imagine if Benko gets over his injury problems; that’s soy, Evans, Fofana and Benko as CB choice. A central midfield choice of Praet, Youri and Madders. A DM choice of Wilf, Mendy and Hamza. Full backs choice of Riccy, Tim, Justin and Thomas developing. All of a sudden we look like a good squad not just a good team.

Hate to burst your bubble but it does feel like quite a few of our players have all hit form at the same time. Take Mendy for example, he's looking like one of the top midfielders in the league at the moment... 

There's many mentioned above that if the wind changes could be capable of utter dog muck for a while. 

I know having more players means you're more likely to have at least one in form player though. 

8 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

He still has a little problem of passing a medical when he has a knee injury which has kept him out of the last two games apparently. Sorry to be a downer. But wow, what an amazing three signings we've made so far:scarf:

He played at the weekend didn't he? Off the bench?

Terrific signing. This kids going to be a jet. The squad is looking better now than 4 weeks ago. Still got some to come back from injuries too. Much more confident going forward to build on our good start. 

Oh, and Faark you Puel. 

35 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I'd prefer not to have Soyuncu on the left, can he not play there? Left or right foot?

He'll be playing more than cup games.

Did you not see the games where they swapped and Soyuncu played on the right? It was not particularly impressive. Soyuncu plays best on the left. 

As for Fofana, if what I read earlier is correct, he typically plays on the right of a back 3.

And yes, more than cup games. When I say backup to the other two, I mean we can now afford to rest and rotate them, which is fantastic for everyone involved. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Fofana

Has anyone else pointed out that there's a French Rugby Union player with the same name?

Imagine the meltdown in here if the media have had this all wrong from the start and its actually the Tigers signing the Clermont player lol

Or, Rudkin’s had a mare and signed the Clermont player, and puel is reading all this stroking his cat. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Too much for the amount of risk involved, IMHO. Still other needs that will be harder to fill now, this season and after this season.  But it’s a done deal so just have to hope Fofana lives up to his potential.

What other needs do you think we have to fill? I would say now we have at least 2 capable options for every position.

Whilst we can always improve and should always look to, I think CB was the glaring area we needed to spend a bit of cash and we’ve done it.

We now I believe have a squad capable of  competing in Europe and PL. 

46 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Hate to burst your bubble but it does feel like quite a few of our players have all hit form at the same time. Take Mendy for example, he's looking like one of the top midfielders in the league at the moment... 

There's many mentioned above that if the wind changes could be capable of utter dog muck for a while. 

I know having more players means you're more likely to have at least one in form player though. 

No bubble burst. You and I have very different definition on “dog muck”. Every player goes up and down in form - even the best players. Each experienced player listed (I say experienced but we do have a very young squad so that’s arguable) is very capable in the Premier League, each one has proven it. The younger ones (Fofana, Thomas and Benko) probably need a bit of patience to develop. It’s why the club have spent millions on a training facility and millions per year on a very highly regarded coach/manager. 

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What other needs do you think we have to fill? I would say now we have at least 2 capable options for every position.

Whilst we can always improve and should always look to, I think CB was the glaring area we needed to spend a bit of cash and we’ve done it.

We now I believe have a squad capable of  competing in Europe and PL. 

Striker is a need now, or if not now certainly in the offseason.  Vardy is still locked on as a starter but he’s old, and we need options besides Kelechi and Perez, who are both decent players but not at their best as a lone 9.  I also think we’re one wide attacker short, even after adding Ünder.

I like little Wes, don’t get me wrong, but 36.5 million for a guy with his pedigree is an overspend more appropriate for Chelski or Man U..  If he turns out to be another Cags we look like geniuses but he could very easily bust, too.  He has flaws and minimal experience against top level competition.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No bubble burst. You and I have very different definition on “dog muck”. Every player goes up and down in form - even the best players. Each experienced player listed (I say experienced but we do have a very young squad so that’s arguable) is very capable in the Premier League, each one has proven it. The younger ones (Fofana, Thomas and Benko) probably need a bit of patience to develop. It’s why the club have spent millions on a training facility and millions per year on a very highly regarded coach/manager. 

You've mentioned Benko twice now but he's surpless to requirements it seems.

I don't disagree with anything you've said there but in your original post you just listed all our players as if they'd all of a sudden come of age.