Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

You've mentioned Benko twice now but he's surpless to requirements it seems.

I don't disagree with anything you've said there but in your original post you just listed all our players as if they'd all of a sudden come of age. 

No mate, you’ve missed the point entirely. I probably should’ve used the word “potentially” in my final sentence to make it easier to understand. However, the point is we look stronger now then we did a year ago. That’s potential progress. A club our size, attracting the level of player we do, it’s always a risk as to how it turns out. 

On 28/09/2020 at 15:10, UHDrive said:

This is all insane. Tielemans fee £32mil (22yrs), Praet £24mil (24yrs), Castagna £22.5mil (24yrs), Cags £18mil (22yrs), Madders £22mil (21yrs)...and on and on.

Now we are potentially considering a £40mil bid for a 27yr old or a £35+add ons for a 19 year old with 20 odd first team games to his name. Neither of these 2 players are remotely as yet proven or capable for the fees mentioned in relation to the above players and the results they bring.

I hope city have an ace in their pack of cards.

Why would a 27 year old be any less effective than a 22 year old?  Man City's oldest player went off and they collapsed after.  Dont underestimate experienced wise heads, and how old is Vardy again?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Yes, it appears his price has doubled in the last few weeks.

To be fair its still the same, we massively lowballed, they told us from the start 40m.

We wasted weeks to end up paying what they asked :appl:

The seller sets the price, its up to the buyer to meet, it same as what we were saying with Maguire, it works both ways.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Happy with the ambition shown with this signing, but where does this leave Benko and Amartey? I wonder what has been the problem with Benko. I thought Rodgers rated him at Celtic? 

£32+ seems not our style and a bit risky for a 19 year old, but we need to trust our recruitment team.

Also is this to pave way for Evans to leave as he has yet to sign a new contract ... Evans probably has another two or three years in him and we need to keep someone like him to keep the ship steady at the back.

It seems Morgan and Fuchs would likely not play anymore.

Our B team can probably end up mid table if they are allowed to compete in the EPL!

Edited by Tom12345

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Happy with the ambition shown with this signing, but where does this leave Benko and Amartey? I wonder what has been the problem with Benko. I thought Rodgers rated him at Celtic? 

Also is this to pave way for Evans to leave as he has yet to sign a new contract ... Evans probably has another two or three years in him and we need to keep someone like him to keep the ship steady at the back.

Our B team can probably end up mid table if they are allowed to compete in the EPL!

Benkovic just can’t seem to get fit,hopefully with this signing he’ll now go out on load and get a full season under his belt.Amartey will continue to be a good squad player on the showing last week a more than able 4th choice CB.

I don’t think big Wes will start for us again, good option for the last 15, but I think that’s all you’ll see from him.

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Benkovic to be loaned out. 4 cbs is fine. 

Soyuncu evans then fofana and then amartey. Fine by me

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

£32+ seems not our style and a bit risky for a 19 year old, but we need to trust our recruitment team.

Amartey will be kept for his versatility especially with the injuries to Ricky P & Wilf. That’s without mentioning the lack of depth we have at centre back.

As for Benko I think he gets one more chance with a loan for the season. The club will basically say show us you can stay fit for a season, with high performances. If not I think we will try recouping some of our money next summer.

(Will Griggs on fire)

WESLEY FOFANA

CLAUDE PUEL IS DEAD INSIDE 

WESLEY FOFANA 

PLAYS FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE AND WHITE

WESLEY FOFANA 
CLAUDE PUEL IS DEAD INSIDE

WESLEY FOFANA... NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH. 

Get it right ****ing up ya Puel!

Edited by papajdog
Was a different lyric for the 3rd time round but decided it was better to just re-emphasise how dead Puel is on the inside.
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4c3ee91bfc035bce257e975b949368c3.jpeg

What do footballers think of these photoshopped images? They are everywhere these days. Personally, I’d find it a bit weird if my photo was going around with my head on a different body (not that I couldn’t do with a different body!). From the legs, I thought this might be Wes Sr although the long sleeves look like Gray - is this three players?!!

Can we paste the next new signing into Gary Taylor-Fletcher?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

So the deal could actually be up to 30m that’s a hell of a lot better than 40m. Hopefully he’ll be good for us after the players we’ve got in lately you’ve got to have faith in the recruitment team 👌🏻

It will be difficult to gauge how much we've actually paid for him, as the fee will be partly made up by add-ons and will be officially announced as undisclosed.