Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I see it like this.

If the player bombs, then the gamble is lost whether they old or young, as a player who under performs is not going to sell for big money.  As an example where are the 50 million bids for gray.

If the player is young then yeah a profit can be made, but if the player is older and does well, it doesnt mean we have lost 40 million, instead we paid for probably 4-5 years of a good player (the age likely prevent him moving on).  Age needs to be balanced, problem of last season was too many young players.  You could counter well we only get 3 years till he is 30, if we buy a 22 year old and turns out great, it also could only be 2 years as then he gets sold.  Defenders dont stop playing just because they 30 though, so for me they both equal risk, although with a the older defender, his experience makes it more likely he can fit in quickly, but on the flip side he likely will demand game time at this point of his career, I expect Fofana wont be a first choice this season, surprised we refused the loan back for a year.

The obsession with sell on fees on here man. 

"Why are we selling our best players"

"Why aren't we buying players with sell on value"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I see it like this.

If the player bombs, then the gamble is lost whether they old or young, as a player who under performs is not going to sell for big money.  As an example where are the 50 million bids for gray.

If the player is young then yeah a profit can be made, but if the player is older and does well, it doesnt mean we have lost 40 million, instead we paid for probably 4-5 years of a good player (the age likely prevent him moving on).  Age needs to be balanced, problem of last season was too many young players.  You could counter well we only get 3 years till he is 30, if we buy a 22 year old and turns out great, it also could only be 2 years as then he gets sold.  Defenders dont stop playing just because they 30 though, so for me they both equal risk, although with a the older defender, his experience makes it more likely he can fit in quickly, but on the flip side he likely will demand game time at this point of his career, I expect Fofana wont be a first choice this season, surprised we refused the loan back for a year.

I agree with what you are saying. Costs could equal themselves out in time whether this is the transfef fee, sign on fee, add ons, wages or sell on value. The sell on value is the first to consider. The second is that we were going into this seeason with our back line effectively too old aside from Evans. If we don't sort an existing senior CB or a 2/3 Yr contract for someone like Tarkowski for next season (without the high fee) then we’ll start to look out of sync with our CB recruitment. 

Who knows, maybe Cags will act like the new senior CB and put the fear of god into new younger players with his vice like superman head locks 💪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think it's because they are tested every few days. 

I understand that, but as he is arriving from a country with high infection rates, surely he would have to self isolate. When someone has tested positive, they are already passing the infection on by then, I am led to believe.

14 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I understand that, but as he is arriving from a country with high infection rates, surely he would have to self isolate. When someone has tested positive, they are already passing the infection on by then, I am led to believe.

Arriving from a country with high infection rates yes but not in the team bubble that they will have been confined to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Deal should be completed today as per reports from yesterday?

Knowing the way we handle our transfer dealings there is absolutely no way we'll have this done in time for West Ham, Rudders will be wanting to show off his stamp collection which will eat into precious player registration time.

Just now, Rusko187 said:

Knowing the way we handle our transfer dealings there is absolutely no way we'll have this done in time for West Ham, Rudders will be wanting to show off his stamp collection which will eat into precious player registration time.

We don't need him in time to play against West Ham. 

Let him play after a couple of weeks training in the international break.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'd suggest chucking him in when he's not trained or taken part in our sessions is the very last resort. 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Leicester of shit, city of shit and shit food, team of shit. Fofana you deserve this, shit."

This guy is a Milan fan lol. This is how entitled big clubs are it genuinely ****s em up this bad when a club like little leicester can pull better players than them 😂

Edited by JamesfromlondonLCFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Talking last night to a French journalist I know and he gave me a lot more background on Fofana - and a very interesting fact, which could well have led to him coming to us.  Apparently, Fofana's ancestry is not Malian, as reported in some newspapers, but Ivorian.  His parents moved to France (Marseille) from the Ivory Coast in 1999, just before he was born.  His father played football for ASEC Mimosas in Abidjan in the late 1990's - a Centre Back (any clues yet?).  Fofana has Ivory Coast citizenship, as well as French (and that is confirmed by Transfermarkt).

Now, we also have an Ivory Coast citizen at the KP, a Coach, a defensive Coach.  He played for ASEC Mimosas from 1999 to 2002 - a Centre Back.  Yep, Kolo Toure!  My contact is confident that Toure's connections, his knowledge of Fofana (not Congerton's scouting network), were the reason we started looking at him - and a big reason he wanted to come to Leicester. 

All that might come out soon. 

So Wesley is Kolo's secret love child? Straight from the cobbles of Weatherfield this is! Keep the crazy shit coming in this thread, I love it 🎉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Talking last night to a French journalist I know and he gave me a lot more background on Fofana - and a very interesting fact, which could well have led to him coming to us.  Apparently, Fofana's ancestry is not Malian, as reported in some newspapers, but Ivorian.  His parents moved to France (Marseille) from the Ivory Coast in 1999, just before he was born.  His father played football for ASEC Mimosas in Abidjan in the late 1990's - a Centre Back (any clues yet?).  Fofana has Ivory Coast citizenship, as well as French (and that is confirmed by Transfermarkt).

Now, we also have an Ivory Coast citizen at the KP, a Coach, a defensive Coach.  He played for ASEC Mimosas from 1999 to 2002 - a Centre Back.  Yep, Kolo Toure!  My contact is confident that Toure's connections, his knowledge of Fofana (not Congerton's scouting network), were the reason we started looking at him - and a big reason he wanted to come to Leicester. 

All that might come out soon. 

Fairly widely reported that toure has spoken to him several times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

This guy is a Milan fan lol. This is how entitled big clubs are it genuinely ****s em up this bad when a club like little leicester can pull better players than them 😂

He's literally got a Rick and Morty profile picture, it's an Internet 12 year old. They're idiots whoever they support. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Pretty sure the whole of the Foxes Talk massive went and dumped their junk on Villa when Veretout went to them instead of us...:ph34r:

Edited by Dahnsouff

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's literally got a Rick and Morty profile picture, it's an Internet 12 year old. They're idiots whoever they support. 

Oi :ph34r:

PS. I doubt there's any 12 year old that actually understand the concepts and humour behind Rock and Morty 

• Like 1