Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Quite alot of famous people are like that unfortunately but wouldnt have expected it of him. I retract my previous statement. All men are disgusting including David Attenborough 

Same, I was quite surprised when I heard. Maybe he was a lovely bloke and then did that thing that 50% of all old blokes do and just became a grumpy bastard

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Quite alot of famous people are like that unfortunately but wouldnt have expected it of him. I retract my previous statement. All men are disgusting including David Attenborough 

Same with someone like Lineker. Comes across as likeable enough on screen, but think it's well documented he's an arse off it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Same, I was quite surprised when I heard. Maybe he was a lovely bloke and then did that thing that 50% of all old blokes do and just became a grumpy bastard

Yeh that sounds like me and I'm only 34

• Like 1

If the club and our scouting team rate this guy enough to spend big money on him then I trust them. They get it right more often than not.

My question to those doubters, 

where were the reservations when we spent £20m on Soyuncu (relative unknown at the time to most)? to be 4th or even 5th choice at the time. 

As the market has moved on since 2018, £30-5m for Fofana isn’t too far from where you’d expect to be. Especially as we pretty much set the precedent for the price of central defenders by selling Harry at such an inflated cost.

Edited by Foxandfolly

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

"And as fools give all that they have to dig up a mighty tree the wiseman chooses to invest in the finest of seeds"  (fazzyfox 2020)

That's a very good analogy. UTD, City, and Chelsea buy the finished article while we but the young talent and develop it further.

I suspect he'll be blended in slowly over this season while being backup to Evans and Cags.

I just hope the Fans give the lad a chance to mature and develop before slating him when he lets Mane or similar out muscle him in a game.

5 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Your apologies to Congerton better be disgracefully good

This doesn't even make sense until he kicks a ball. 

The kid has played a handful of games in an average league, is still a teenager and we're lumping thirty big ones on him. 

The test for Congerton and his team will be whether or not he actually turns out to be good. Getting the business side of it done was Rudkin's department which he's managed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Your apologies to Congerton better be disgracefully good

For once I dont have to apologise. I never wrote Congerton off or slagged him off. I did however write off Ricardo after we got smashed by Bournemouth not long after he joined and I wrote off Vardy after he gave a pen away against Middlesbrough in his first season. So I dont have a great record to be fair. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't doubt he's a great guy and has done fantastic things for the environment and has had an outstanding career, but I have it on very good authority that off camera he has very little time for people he deems unimportant and can be quite arrogant. Richard however was by all accounts a lovely bloke

I wonder if he realises his Blue Planet series Blu Ray comes in a cellophane sealed plastic box, the hippocrite!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Will he be introduced Cags style and eased into the squad do we reckon rather than thrown in at the deep end at an automatic starter?

Doubt he will be an automatic starter but I'd imagine he'll get a fair amount of game time with the amount of matches we have. Evans seems to pick up niggly injuries so I'd imagine he'll play quite a bit but Cags and Evans will still be our 1st choice for now I reckon. 

• Like 1