Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

7 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Fofana and Castagne for the price of Chilwell, plus Cengiz Under with an option to buy. People were screaming we’d done nothing and weren’t going to spend. Given the current circumstances I think those at the top and the recruitment team have done a phenomenal job so far. In a perfect world you get another forward, but we’ve strengthened where needed. If we can move on Silva and Slimani as well, we’ve had a fantastic window

I think we will still be saying this in the 2025 transfer window.

• Haha 1

On 09/09/2020 at 13:26, TaggertvsWise said:

Wow. Fofana & Castagne for less than we sold Chillwell. Retained Mendy. I would be very happy with that before the season starts with one eye on improving our attacking options after a few games. Just before 7 this morning TalkSPORT dedicated a segment to our outstanding transfer policies in recent years and this window (despite a few short sighted gripes on this forum) would make for further proof that as club, top to bottom, LCFC has its shit together.

Just saying like...

55 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Loved this song back in its day

I met the fragrant Miss Cracknell at a signing session in 1993 at Ainleys Records by the Clocktower:-

18517.png?w=640&h=420&dpr=2&q=40&crop=fa

...She signed my "So Tough" CD:-

"To Adam xxx" ....sigh.

A month or two later I saw Saint Etienne play in London with an up and coming band called Pulp as support.

I told my pal:-

"Mark my words - this Jarvis Cocker fellow will be a star".

Interesting times, as our potential record signing does this mean he immediately walks straight into the starting XI (and will the transfer fee demand this) or will he have already accepted he’ll be introduced gradually? I suppose with FA Cup, Europa League, Premier League & times we decide to play 5 at the back, he’ll still get plenty of opportunities, I just can’t see how he dislodges Evans & Soyuncu at the minute when we play 433.

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner

1 hour ago, City1884 said:

Really hard for me to be excited by this signing.

It’s great that we have another CB, as we desperately needed one, but this is such a high risk, albeit high reward, signing.

At his age, and with that price tag, people will expect this guy to become a £60m+ player in the future.

Opinions will be formed after about 5 games, as they always seem to be, but if he isn’t seen as a world beater in the making, his signing will be massively questioned straight away.

I hope he does turn out to be a wonderful signing, but i do fear that he will be hung, drawn and quartered even quicker than usual, should he make a slow start.

We spent £20m on a 19 year old Ndidi. Wilf was playing in a much poorer league than the french league also. Not saying Fofana is going to be pulling up trees straight away but I trust the club know what they’re doing. Our recruitment is bang on 90% of the time.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

We'll go and lose to Fulham now.. it's the Leicester way

Well that's not until after we play Liverpool away so I'll take that.

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

But with everyone fit our bench could still be: Ward, Fofana, Justin, Mendy, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho. 

And thats not even counting decent players who don’t make the match day squad such as: Fuchs, Morgan, Thomas, Amartey, choudhury, KDH, Gray, and Albrighton.

Wouldn't be upset should we bring in an upgrade to Iheancho.

As for the players who don't make the bench, how many of them would be in the squad of any other top four team?

Strength in depth.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana Del Ray - Summertime Sadness for Claude

Do you remember that YouTube video of Mahrez with that summertime soundtrack when it was becoming apparent he was world class?

Pure bliss and always think of him when I hear it. 

39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Will he be introduced Cags style and eased into the squad do we reckon rather than thrown in at the deep end at an automatic starter?

When we play 3 at the back I'd expect him to start on the right. 

With a back 2, it'll be Soyuncu and Evans, with Fofana as backup and taking part in cup games for this year. 

59 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This doesn't even make sense until he kicks a ball. 

The kid has played a handful of games in an average league, is still a teenager and we're lumping thirty big ones on him. 

The test for Congerton and his team will be whether or not he actually turns out to be good. Getting the business side of it done was Rudkin's department which he's managed.

I don't think he's even gotten one for Castagne yet,lets all start with that

Just now, Verumex said:

When we play 3 at the back I'd expect him to start on the right. 

With a back 2, it'll be Soyuncu and Evans, with Fofana as backup and taking part in cup games for this year. 

I'd prefer not to have Soyuncu on the left, can he not play there? Left or right foot?

He'll be playing more than cup games.

I'm pretty sure it was Evans that some stats were dug out where he was the lowest in the league for things like last ditch tackles and recoveries etc... 

When analysed further it turned out it was because he was so bloody good he never found himself in the position where he needed to do those things.

From the videos of Fofana he looks the opposite, but that might be just the role he plays...

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Tried to do one to club Tropicana but it's not going to beat Flair's All of the Lights one so why embarrass myself

I was thinking of a coco cabana thing, like coco fofana but it’s a can of worms that one.

• Like 1