Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

12 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Puel is clearly making a very big issue over this and you suspect the relationship with the ex-employers is not the greatest

I think we have got sucked into this clearly we have an agreement with the player but are we seriously going to spend 30 odd million Euros on a player with barely a season at top level?  This is a lot more than other European clubs were offering

I am beginning to think at this price we should go for Tarkowski or another proven player such as the German international.

I agree he seems massively overpriced. He may develop into a top player but we need someone who can come and slot straight in.

if were only buying 1 centre back and tarkowski  is available at £35 million I think that is better value as your getting him for the best days of his career.

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Classic Foxestalk - so we want players who:

• are good enough for Leicester,
  • don't want to use us as a stepping stone,
  • don't want to play for a bigger club
  • wouldn't agitate to leave us
  • but also shouldn't agitate to come here

Leaves us with plenty of options!

Don’t forget they should also leave as soon as they get injured or we don’t like them any more.

They should be loyal, but not expect any loyalty in return.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would ESSE sell to Rennes at a lower price than they'd sell to us?

Surely it wouldnt make a diiference? If Fofana hs his mind set on us and the Premier League then he will just force the move and reject Rennes contract offer?

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Don’t forget they should also leave as soon as they get injured or we don’t like them any more.

They should be loyal, but not expect any loyalty in return.

Let's face it, unless their first name begins with J and then last name begins with V and they don't "chat sh1t get banged" then they will be slated no matter what

22 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Classic Foxestalk - so we want players who:

• are good enough for Leicester,
  • don't want to use us as a stepping stone,
  • don't want to play for a bigger club
  • wouldn't agitate to leave us
  • but also shouldn't agitate to come here

Leaves us with plenty of options!

I don't think that you've read it properly.  

Lot's of people airing misgivings about his agitating and many expect, or even hope that he moves on eventually because that will mean that he has become the player that we hope he will and we will bank another obscene payday to reinvest.

48 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

This transfer really is on a (non-literal) knife edge, you'd like to think that if we don't have any feel for whether they are going to accept today we'd look at alternatives.

https://www.butfootballclub.fr/asse/mercato/asse-mercato-la-bombe-fofana-peut-elle-faire-exploser-l-asse--436115

So the only question is, does the chairman stick with Puel who has a clear vision of developing their young talent, or do they accept this large offer on the table and use it to purchase new players and offer the club some economic stability for the future?

Let's just hope we get some clarity on this pretty sharpish.

The problem is that it's not that simple for the chairman, if he sticks with Puel and the player then downs tools (as did Mahrez to some extent) then they could potentially lose money in any future deal. Fofana does seem like the player would who do that aswell. This is where the chairman is basically stuck between a rock and a hard place, much like we were with Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and to a certain degree Maguire. It simply seems that they are just trying to squeeze as much as possible from their asset, again much like we did, which is fair enough.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't think that you've read it properly.  

Lot's of people airing misgivings about his agitating and many expect, or even hope that he moves on eventually because that will mean that he has become the player that we hope he will and we will bank another obscene payday to reinvest.

I read lots of comments saying "if he's agitating for a move to come here, then his attitude stinks and he'd soon want to leave us, therefore don't want him"

33 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I agree he seems massively overpriced. He may develop into a top player but we need someone who can come and slot straight in.

if were only buying 1 centre back and tarkowski  is available at £35 million I think that is better value as your getting him for the best days of his career.

I disagree. Evans hopefully back in October. 

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The problem is that it's not that simple for the chairman, if he sticks with Puel and the player then downs tools (as did Mahrez to some extent) then they could potentially lose money in any future deal. Fofana does seem like the player would who do that aswell. This is where the chairman is basically stuck between a rock and a hard place, much like we were with Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and to a certain degree Maguire. It simply seems that they are just trying to squeeze as much as possible from their asset, again much like we did, which is fair enough.

In his interview he said that he wouldn't down tools even if he weren't sold, he would continue to do his best for the club, although you'd assume it would be difficult now his head's been turned by THE AMAZING LEICESTER CITY.

I still think this will go ahead, just hope it's sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Yes I find this odd too, his signings transformed our team and he’s developed some of the best players in the world from youth level.

I never did understand the hatred people have for him, he’s flawed and not the best manager around but the hate isn’t justified in my mind.

hating him is utterly ridiculous and reflects badly on the haters. There is no doubt that he is a very stubborn and strange character and after he left  I recall some of the city players saying that there were some of the playing staff that he simply refused to engage with or speak to. Falling out with players and obstructing the normal commerce between clubs rarely ends well though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Yes I find this odd too, his signings transformed our team and he’s developed some of the best players in the world from youth level.

I never did understand the hatred people have for him, he’s flawed and not the best manager around but the hate isn’t justified in my mind.

Do not hate the guy but hated watching his team selections, press conferences and match tactics

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I read lots of comments saying "if he's agitating for a move to come here, then his attitude stinks and he'd soon want to leave us, therefore don't want him"

Ah - yes.  I misread your last bullet point, I take it back.  It's me that can't read.

Edited by murphy

12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeah, I can understand that many didn't like his playing style but the vitriol just seems completely out of proportion.

• Like 3