Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, Jack1993 said:

I absolutely hate it when players try to force a move away from us and I think they are scum when they do it 

I absolutely love it when players try to force a move to us and I think they are legends when they do it 

I like to have the best of both worlds, I like to have my cake and eat it too, I like to make my bed and then lay wherever I feel like laying when somebody forces a move to us

I AM FICKLE 

There I said it 

Every Footbal fan ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Why do we want this kid? He’s got a terrible attitude. If he’s willing to publicly state that he wants to leave ASSE to join us, he WILL do the same to us in a couple of years when Man U or Chelsea come knocking. Perhaps he’ll even sit in an Airport in Paris waiting for a move. 

The kid seems toxic to me. Talented maybe but toxic certainly. Walk away from the deal please LCFC. We have to protect ourselves long term.

Yeah don’t worry, when that happens I have a plan to stop it.

I’m going to push his little sister over in playground, that’ll learn him.

• Haha 3

Mahrez didn’t throw Le Harve under the bus when he joined us. 

Not quite thrown under the bus, but he definitely seemed to be talking about having joined us before anything was agreed:

Not quite the same, but let's have some balance please.

Spoke to a French guy at work who follows Ligue 1 closely, he said Fofana has a lot of potential but is very raw. Said a move to Milan was on previously but the price tag too high and that €29m is a gamble however he could turn out to be class given his age and potential. I appreciate our scouts will know more than a lad from work mind!

42 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I absolutely hate it when players try to force a move away from us and I think they are scum when they do it 

I absolutely love it when players try to force a move to us and I think they are legends when they do it 

I like to have the best of both worlds, I like to have my cake and eat it too, I like to make my bed and then lay wherever I feel like laying when somebody forces a move to us

I AM FICKLE 

There I said it 

Tbh, what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it?  :dunno:

Stupid saying.  A bit like 'cheap at half the price'.  Of course it is.  It's half the price.

Also, I wouldn't say you were 'fickle'.  Not unless you like cake eating one day, but not the next.

As you were.

Edited by murphy

2 minutes ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

Yes, he recently got mom against PSG didnt he?

In the cup final no less, which is why his price increased massively and alerted scouts everywhere.

The player is ready to make an impact now with a view to taking over first team very shortly. Very similar I would say to Soyuncu's impact for us, though it must be said that Cags was a regular first team player for Freiburg when we signed him. 

He's the sort that I expect would make a number of errors over the course of a season but would also stand out and impress. And over time would get better and better. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

4 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

He is ready now.

I'd be very surprised if he was based on 10 games at Saint-Etienne.

Central defence is the position which experience and consistentcy matters the most.

Even the elite central defenders in the game rarely become good consistent regulars until 21-23 years old and tend to look panicky, inconsistent and mistake-ridden before that, even if they have all the attributes going for them.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Fair comment. We have to accept when it happens to us, and by and large, we do (a few ramblings on here doesn't change that imo) 

This feels like a step in the right direction in terms of moving up to that much fabled next level. Players are now doing that to force a move to us. 

However this one plays out, happy days. (I'm going to concentrate on the positives to my circumstances) 

I can't say I like the behaviour - I didn't like it when Mahrez agitated and I don't like it that this guy is doing it....but... but I can also see the players perspective. This would be life changing and not just for him, but also his family. I guess my point is that if he performs fantastically for three years and then agitates for a bigger move then at least we have had a great player for those three years. If we accept that agitation now then we must accept it when it works against us as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, murphy said:

Stupid saying.  A bit like 'cheap at half the price'.  Of course it is.  It's half the price.

As you were.

It took me far too long to make sense of it, but it's saying once you eat your cake, you no longer have it. Your question is the point of the saying - you can't own a cake and have eaten that cake at the same time. Wanting that is asking for something impossible.

I agree re: 'cheap at half the price.' I'd also add, 'cheer up. Might never happen.' What if it just did happen, you knobhead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jacnah said:

I can't say I like the behaviour - I didn't like it when Mahrez agitated and I don't like it that this guy is doing it....but... but I can also see the players perspective. This would be life changing and not just for him, but also his family. I guess my point is that if he performs fantastically for three years and then agitates for a bigger move then at least we have had a great player for those three years. If we accept that agitation now then we must accept it when it works against us as well. 

It didn't sit well for a moment, then I realised it is proof that we are now massive. 

Like I said, happy days 🤣🤔

12 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What happened to @MattP too?

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It would appear his profile has been discontinued.

Asked for his account to be deleted, I think arguing on here every day was taking its toll on him tbf.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's still about reading threads every so often.

Have one for me Matt:beer:

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

That's not the only name that sounded good this summer. Fofana needs to down tools now if Puel keeps up. Seen Rodgers go through this many times. Some you win some you lose. Ultimately the player always wins. Always a few bruised egos.

...can't agree with this!!!

Absolute double standards should the scenario be reversed. He is a professional footballer, this is part of what he signed up to, if his club does not want to release him in this window then it does not happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Also, I wouldn't say you were 'fickle'.  Not unless you like cake eating one day, but not the next.

As you were.

It's like the saying "back of the net"...

Surely the back of the net is the one facing behind the goal? You certainly wouldn't celebrate a striker hitting that regularly!

You may as well start supporting Southampton if you’re happy to see us just sell everyone. How are we going to progress if this is our model. 

I didn't suggest t I was happy to sell everyone. I did simply suggest that when one of the big clubs comes calling and is willing to spend what is required we WILL sell. Leicester are not the alpha predator in this jungle so a dose of realism and adoption of strategies that sustain improvement whilst meeting reality is necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It took me far too long to make sense of it, but it's saying once you eat your cake, you no longer have it. Your question is the point of the saying - you can't own a cake and have eaten that cake at the same time. Wanting that is asking for something impossible.

I agree re: 'cheap at half the price.' I'd also add, 'cheer up. Might never happen.' What if it just did happen, you knobhead?

Then it should be 'you can't have a cake after you've eaten it'.  

I see it as someone's got a cake, but being able to eat?  No that's too much to ask you greedy so and so.  Just look at it and be grateful you have any baked goods at all.

I dunno.