Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

42 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The problem is that it's not that simple for the chairman, if he sticks with Puel and the player then downs tools (as did Mahrez to some extent) then they could potentially lose money in any future deal. Fofana does seem like the player would who do that aswell. This is where the chairman is basically stuck between a rock and a hard place, much like we were with Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and to a certain degree Maguire. It simply seems that they are just trying to squeeze as much as possible from their asset, again much like we did, which is fair enough.

I agree with most of this other than I don't think kante would have downed tools not that sort of player

Edited by lcfcbluearmy

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree with most of this other than I don't think kanye would have downed tools not that sort of player

I agree he's not that type of player but when a player has his heart set on a move and then it doesn't happen, no matter what the type of player surely it effects the form and how much they give to the club

Just now, hejammy said:

I agree he's not that type of player but when a player has his heart set on a move and then it doesn't happen, no matter what the type of player surely it effects the form and how much they give to the club

Yes to a certain extent it probably does I just wouldn't have put him in the same category as mahrez and drinkwater who did demand moves and down tools.

But I agree with your main point.

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Can't Sky Sports help this one along, You know how they do when someone wants one of our players, perhaps a picture of him photo shopped in a Leicester shirt or some of their pundits explaining how he's too good for St Etienne, that kind of thing.

Sky only get interested when our key assets leave, so they can look down on us like small fries being ripped apart by the big dogs... 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, murphy said:

A lot of lingering anti-Claude sentiment or abuse in this thread which is a bit unnecessary.  He did move us forward and now he's just doing his best for St. Etienne.

You're always banging on about Claude Puel, let it go Murphy, you're never gonna meet him

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Well bloody said. Some of the “hatred” towards him is on Peter Taylor levels. Not needed.

Did we play the best and most entertaining football ? Probably not. Did his management skills warrant a new DVD being sold in the club shop named the “Great Puel Era” ? No. 

However....

Did he improve the squad ? Yes. Did we stabilise in the Premier League as a result of his tenure ? Absolutely. Do we still benefit from some of his preferences, picks and decisions ? See Chilwell the £50 plus million player. Did he trust and progress young players from our youth team (something every football fan wants to see) ? Yes. 

We will never know the true impact of his time here as the alternative was to slowly fall out of the division but overall he played a positive part in our history. 

Claude out!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:
11 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree with most of this other than I don't think kanye would have downed tools not that sort of player

Although perhaps Kanye is the type of "player" to down tools :D

I see your edit! ;)

Kanye West Wears Bullet Proof Vest Breaks Down Crying During 1st  Presidential Campaign Rally

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Classic Foxestalk - so we want players who:

• are good enough for Leicester,
  • don't want to use us as a stepping stone,
  • don't want to play for a bigger club
  • wouldn't agitate to leave us
  • but also shouldn't agitate to come here

Leaves us with plenty of options!

We all know that FT can be like a six year old.  It’s the collective id of City fans.  With occasional, tentative signs of more mature governance of emotions and desires.

With parents e.g.  @HighPeakFox trying to teach you finer points of impulse control and morality.  Stuff you would take on board … if you weren’t six.

And grandparents @fuchsntf trying to remember what they are trying to teach you.

And an all-knowing uncle @Finnegan who pretends he still lets his id run the show, so you like him, even though he tends to agree with the parents.

Anyhow, as to Fofana … the more a 6-year-old hears he cannot have something, the more he wants it and wants it now.  And ten minutes from now doesn’t really exist does it?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Well bloody said. Some of the “hatred” towards him is on Peter Taylor levels. Not needed.

Did we play the best and most entertaining football ? Probably not. Did his management skills warrant a new DVD being sold in the club shop named the “Great Puel Era” ? No. 

However....

Did he improve the squad ? Yes. Did we stabilise in the Premier League as a result of his tenure ? Absolutely. Do we still benefit from some of his preferences, picks and decisions ? See Chilwell the £50 plus million player. Did he trust and progress young players from our youth team (something every football fan wants to see) ? Yes. 

We will never know the true impact of his time here as the alternative was to slowly fall out of the division but overall he played a positive part in our history. 

I think some of the anti-Puel nonsense does overstep it a little but I dare say the people at the very top deserve as much credit as he does for the youth promotion that seems synonymous only with Claude. 

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think some of the anti-Puel nonsense does overstep it a little but I dare say the people at the very top deserve as much credit as he does for the youth promotion that seems synonymous only with Claude. 

Without doubt. However he played his part. The point is Claude wasn’t in our top (or should I say bottom) 5 of managers. He did us ok. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Wouldn’t he just have a test before deciding if isolation is required?

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

No they will tested to the max no quarantine needed.

Quarantine is only for the average Joe.

I'm not sure that this is valid to be honest, otherwise even the average Joe could take a test and then not self isolate if it's negative. The point of self isolation is that you could get coronavirus upto 14 days after contact with someone who has it. So for the 1st 13 days you could test negative and then positive on the 14th potentially.