Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly pretty disgusted by some of the people defending him. Absolutely bunch of hypocrites. The state of the abuse Mahrez gets, even though Riyad gave us years, gave us a title win, was forced to stay window after window being promised he could leave in the next one. 

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's most wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

And you're cooing over him because he trots out some bullshit excuse for his greed? Oh, isn't he so sweet, he wants to buy mum a house. He'll get to buy every member of his family a house before he's done and half of ours will still be living in a council bungalow. 

He's acting like an absolute twat and a diva and not for a "once in a lifetime opportunity!" but for a pretty standard, regulation football transfer that he'll have plenty more opportunities for in his life. He's clearly not shit at football, it'll be some other big European club next summer if he keeps it up. 

Well that's if you're wrongly associating people 'defending'him to people that then gave Mahrez abuse. Bit of a blind leap to say that's true.

We as a club never seem to stand in a player's way.

You could also argue he's maybe frustrated and let down by his clubs stance rather than how you've elegantly put it, acting like a 'twat'. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Why do we want this kid? He’s got a terrible attitude. If he’s willing to publicly state that he wants to leave ASSE to join us, he WILL do the same to us in a couple of years when Man U or Chelsea come knocking. Perhaps he’ll even sit in an Airport in Paris waiting for a move. 

The kid seems toxic to me. Talented maybe but toxic certainly. Walk away from the deal please LCFC. We have to protect ourselves long term.

So you wish Mahrez had never joined us?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jacnah said:

I'll take three years of Mahrez like toxicity if he has the same impact and it results in the best clubs in the world coming calling in a few years

Fair comment. We have to accept when it happens to us, and by and large, we do (a few ramblings on here doesn't change that imo) 

This feels like a step in the right direction in terms of moving up to that much fabled next level. Players are now doing that to force a move to us. 

However this one plays out, happy days. (I'm going to concentrate on the positives to my circumstances) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Well that's if you're wrongly associating people 'defending'him to people that then gave Mahrez abuse. Bit of a blind leap to say that's true.

We as a club never seem to stand in a player's way.

You could also argue he maybe frustrated and let down by his clubs stance rather than how you've elegantly put it, acting like a 'twat'. 

Not always the wrong association. I'm embracing it. As a boss once told me, people are inconsistent, and the quicker I accepted that, the easier life became, and now I'm the boss, I can use the same excuse 🤣

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly pretty disgusted by some of the people defending his behaviour. Absolute bunch of hypocrites. The state of the abuse Mahrez gets, even though Riyad gave us years, gave us a title win, was forced to stay window after window being promised he could leave in the next one. 

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's most wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

And you're cooing over him because he trots out some bullshit excuse for his greed? Oh, isn't he so sweet, he wants to buy mum a house. He'll get to buy every member of his family a house before he's done and half of ours will still be living in a council bungalow. 

He's acting like an absolute twat and a diva and not for a "once in a lifetime opportunity!" but for a pretty standard, regulation football transfer that he'll have plenty more opportunities for in his life. He's clearly not shit at football, it'll be some other big European club next summer if he keeps it up. 

He can also suffer a career-ending injury tomorrow.

Personally, I think that he should have taken his agents' apparent advice to stay away from the press (albeit I am contradictorily selfishly satisfied that we have some insight on his thinking), but please do not presume to know a person's individual circumstances until you've walked a mile in his proverbial shoes. I know a little bit about the neighbourhoods and lives of many of these African immigrant kids in France (most would bite your hand off for "a council bungalow"), and therefore can fully relate to his professions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

That is the way football is now, you get what you can whilst you can, money talks, that is how the rich clubs work. It is nice to bring player through your own system but some need to be bought in and probably sold on if required, if we want to play with the big boys you have to play at their games as well, else fall to the wayside, football has changed for good or bad, so we have the ability to turn heads now.

It absolutely isn't the way football works now. Greed and money might talk but players throwing their toys out of the pram to try and force transfers at the age of 19 still isn't exactly the average move is it? There's a reason guys like Ravell Morrison cultivate the reputation they do. 

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

You could also argue he maybe frustrated and let down by his clubs stance rather than how you've elegantly put it, acting like a 'twat'. 

His clubs stance!?! He's 19, has only just broken in to the first team and his club don't want to immediately sell him, while he's under contract, for a fee they consider to be lower than his worth!?

WTH is wrong with that? 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly pretty disgusted by some of the people defending his behaviour. Absolute bunch of hypocrites. The state of the abuse Mahrez gets, even though Riyad gave us years, gave us a title win, was forced to stay window after window being promised he could leave in the next one. 

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

You've all just been seduced by some kid pretending his dream is to play for Leicester. He's just tapped nicely at our vanity. 

It’s football. Happened all over the world, he will probably do it to us in three years or so. Frankly I don’t give shit, the kid is sauce and if he gives us a few good seasons and makes us a profit I’m all for it. 

Fofana knows the reputation that our club can offer him to develop his overall game as a footballer and in the toughest and most technical league in the world.

I can't condone the way he is leaving his club but if the club were negotiating his sale the year before then I can sympathise with his predicament in both reversing thier stance and him feeling he needs to go over his agents head at this time to move his predicament forward.

At the end of the day he has not put in a transfer request and has been denied the chance by his club to talk about his move. The club also set a marker price on him so from his point of view it was their stance to accept his wishes. But yes, legally he has a contract with his club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It absolutely isn't the way football works now. Greed and money might talk but players throwing their toys out of the pram to try and force transfers at the age of 19 still isn't exactly the average move is it? There's a reason guys like Ravell Morrison cultivate the reputation they do. 

But he's not throwing his toys out of the pram 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/wesley-fofana-i-would-be-crazy-to-reject-leicester/

Are you willing to go on strike to get this done

No. St Étienne is my club. I hold them in my heart and I will respect them until the end. I owe the club that. But I am entering my sixth year, I am not a mercenary who signed for them yesterday. I rejected an offer abroad at the end of my youth contract and my agents fought for me to sign a professional deal here, when only Julien Sablé believed in me. I even extended my contract to protect the club’s interests. I have done kilometres by bus, I have won the Coupe Gambardella with my friends so I think I have the right to embrace the club’s colours but also to say: it’s my job and I want to do it elsewhere. I don’t want a clash and I don’t want this to go into crazy territory… In actual fact, I wouldn’t ask to leave if I thought that this was messing the club up. My wish is for everyone to be happy. And we all can be.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This kid is 19 and already a senior squad member at a top flight football club in one of the world's wealthiest countries. No matter where he goes, this kid is going to make more money for himself and his family in his life than any of us ever will. 

You've all just been seduced by some kid pretending his dream is to play for Leicester. He's just tapped nicely at our vanity. 

A bungalow you say? Cor!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His clubs stance!?! He's 19, has only just broken in to the first team and his club don't want to immediately sell him, while he's under contract, for a fee they consider to be lower than his worth!?

WTH is wrong with that? 

We are the predator now and smaller clubs like Saint-Etienne are the prey, like we used to be, we lost a lot of talented players to the bigger richer clubs, players are bound to want to try for the best, there will still be player like Izzet, King, Walsh etc. but the club has to move with the times or we go back to the bad old days.

• Like 1