Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Be interesting to see if the ASSE board over rule Claude.. If fofana plays then it tells me that we aren’t close to a deal. If their board are desperate for the deal re money then they simply wouldn’t allow the player to be risked 

I sense Brendan’s mood today reflected his frustration that deals like this have dragged on.  imo, if we see this kid playing over the weekend then we aren’t buying him 

Quite right. No way would they let him play if a deal was anywhere near. The shambles continues

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They probably have?

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

They don’t have to reject it, they can just ignore it.

According to the French press, we are waiting to hear if they will accept or not. I wonder if the fact we have spoken to him without their consent is whats going to scupper this. Annoying.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

According to the French press, we are waiting to hear if they will accept or not. I wonder if the fact we have spoken to him without their consent is whats going to scupper this. Annoying.

I doubt that would be the cause, they've probably done the exact same with numerous targets 

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

What options do etienne really have? they could hold him hostage, but he could also threaten to score own goals like ashley cole. if he decides to not play, his value will go down, and  they will sell for less. 

He's already said in an interview he'll play his best and not hold a grudge if they don't grant the move.

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We let maguire play right up untill he left

1) in friendlies 

2) we were squeezing yanited to meet our price (and we knew they could afford it)

3) once it looked like it would get done we pulled him out of the Atalanta game 

the only possibility is that the prices quoted in the press are a bit off and we haven’t gone much above Milan’s bid. hence they are pushing us on fee. Obvs, we aren’t privy to that amount of detail but the noises from ASSE are not about the money but the fact the lad isn’t for sale 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

1) in friendlies 

2) we were squeezing yanited to meet our price (and we knew they could afford it)

3) once it looked like it would get done we pulled him out of the Atalanta game 

the only possibility is that the prices quoted in the press are a bit off and we haven’t gone much above Milan’s bid. hence they are pushing us on fee. Obvs, we aren’t privy to that amount of detail but the noises from ASSE are not about the money but the fact the lad isn’t for sale 

1) didn’t realise this wasn’t a friendly

2) this could be the case

3) I forgot about that

thanks for the info

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesn't happen for me now - nothing more the player can do and the club clearly don't want to sell.

He could refuse to play but personally i wouldn’t want a player in our team who refuses to play when he wants a move..

2 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I admire St Etienne if they refuse to sell & make him honour his contract. I just wish we would do the same instead of keep selling our best players the minute one of the so called big 6 come sniffing round

We sell one player a year for massive profit, reinvest it, and that's how we are in Europe again.

• Like 4