Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Really? Cos signing a winger that we can pick up on loan and defer the payments, right at the time it looks like we were lacking the funds to meet their price, looks a lot like us preparing financially to go back with a bid we think they'll take. 

Which seems to be also be corroborated by Percy at the bottom of his Under article and seems fairly consistent with our business dealings so far the last few windows. 

Thanks for the update just wanted some sense was fed up wading through crap 💩😃👍

If St Etienne really don't want to sell or the fee is becoming too much for raw 19 yr old kid, I think we should walk away and look for anther cheapo experienced player in the mould of Evans or Cahill, just for cover.

Or maybe we just give Molla a call?

Earlier today, a report appeared in France trying to clarify the situation surrounding Wesley Fofana and Leicester City’s interest in him.

This came from Le10 Sport, who revealed the Foxes were ready to increase their offer for the young defender up to €29m, and were unlikely to go higher than that.

Well, this has since been backed up by another source, La Provence, who specify that, according to their information, Leicester ‘would be ready to sign a cheque of €28.5m, bonuses included’.

Not only that, but this offer would come ‘with a loan of one of their players (from Leicester to Saint-Etienne) and 10% of any future profit on the next sale’.

However, La Provence say that ‘isn’t likely to convince his club to let him go’, while Fofana sees himself offered a five-year deal with a big pay increase.

The youngster hasn’t taken his club’s stance well, as was shown by his public outing in an interview with L’Equipe where he asked the Ligue 1 side to accept Leicester’s offer.

Saint-Etienne, down their end, reportedly didn’t appreciate this, and sent him a letter with a ‘warning’ about his behaviour, although that didn’t stop Claude Puel, who counts on him tremendously, from starting him in the 2-0 win over Strasbourg.

Still, that didn’t change his mind, and someone close to the player told La Provence: “No one can hold anything against him. He was solid, serious. He gave a good account of himself, but he hasn’t changed his mind: he wants to leave”.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I'd call them and say you have until the end of they day or we resprct that you don't want to sell and move on. Simple.

I think it's time to walk away now.  £28,5m is too much for a kid that is prone to lapses in concentration.  You expect that with a young player and he will likely improve with experience but we're paying a price that is close to what you'd expect to pay for the finished article and he's not that.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think it's time to walk away now.  £28,5m is too much for a kid that is prone to lapses in concentration.  You expect that with a young player and he will likely improve with experience but we're paying a price that is close to what you'd expect to pay for the finished article and he's not that.

Agreed.  I was just being polite. Sell or do one basically he isnt worth haggling over with puel boy.

Edited by Jattdogg

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

If St Etienne really don't want to sell or the fee is becoming too much for raw 19 yr old kid, I think we should walk away and look for anther cheapo experienced player in the mould of Evans or Cahill, just for cover.

Cheapo experienced player... Bennett? :ph34r:

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

Soyuncu is closer to the finished article.... would you sell him for £30m?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

...28.5m Euros...!!!

43 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agree, we should walk away but look for someone else with a similar profile (albeit every potential seller would now know the range of fees that we are willing to pay on what is essentially a bet on the future).

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agree we should be looking to move on, but not because of the fee. Just think the longer the saga drags on, the more undue pressure it puts on the kid. 

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Too many people defending Puel here for my liking. He was holding us back when he was here and he is still trying to hold us back 18 months since he got the boot!

I know - he isn’t satisfied with having bored us to tears for 18 months with dull football and even more dull interviews. Now the prat wants to ruin our transfer window!!!

• Like 2